Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World #3 Beta, what are you most excited about?

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Really, what were the problems with tsw then? Is it really bad for bugs, like Aoc bad?
  • BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811
    Originally posted by Irus

Just want to check out the game. This will be my first beta.

I'd definitely be 3000x times more likely to get this game if it wasn't P2P with a cash shop on top (WTF). ....Unless it's a really diminished cash shop with really nothing in it (like WoW's maybe)....

They have said there is no useful items in the cash shop, even less so than in WoW where you can actually buy mounts.

You are supposed to get clothes as rewards for missions and you can buy them for ingame gold.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Read a few posts and noticed noone mentioned Beta test the game, looks like Beta test needs replaced with "Free Trial".

• cooper85cooper85 Member Posts: 386
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by fldash

I won't spent $25 on a animated horse or $250 on some weapon either. I also don't have cable TV, nor do I go see movies at a theater. The only non-vital (ie, not electricity, sewer, garbage, etc) service I pay monthly for is Internet. I will pay an MMO subscription fee, assuming they don't have a cash shop. And anyone that says you don't have to use a cash shop is ignorant. Games with cash shops are designed so that you have to use it to either:

A) be competitive
    B) make the game actually enjoyable

Please don't lump me in with 'everyone'.

This game has a sub the cash shop is a way to make a little extra, they will only have cosmetic items and maybe soem XP potions as stated before... nothing in the shop will be a requirement to play the game unlike some games with cash shops where you need to buy stuff to be competitive..

SO no we are not being ignorant when we say you dont have to use the cash shop.. because you know what... you dont have to..

I know i wont buy anything from there and I know ill enjoy the game just fine without even looking at it..

So nothing in the cash shop will help you be more competitive...

As for more enjoyable, if you think you need that hawiian shirt(or whatever) to have fun in the game then there is somthing wrong LOL..

Oh but it would be so much fun walking around Seoul with that cool Hawiian button up in some Khakis and flip flops, taking screen shots =)

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Read a few posts and noticed noone mentioned Beta test the game, looks like Beta test needs replaced with "Free Trial".

After the last open beta Funcom said they would be tweaking combat and animations, and that they were adding active dodging and assorted other features. They are definitively taking feedback from the open beta.

They are running a closed beta as well, but it doesn't let you test the kind of loads you get when you get more than a hundred thousand people logging in at the same time.

Open beta events like this is essential to reduce the risk of launch day fail. ;)

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I think some would feel a lot better about things if they would finally wave the NDA. really seems silly to still have that in effect outside the BWEs this close to launch. Leads to a lot of unease and assumptions being made.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159

Originally posted by Danwarr
    So what do you think about Turbine's model?

I'm actually not familiar with it... LOTRO never interested me because it contained no PvP at all...

Originally posted by Caldrin
    This game has a sub the cash shop is a way to make a little extra, they will only have cosmetic items and maybe soem XP potions as stated before... nothing in the shop will be a requirement to play the game unlike some games with cash shops where you need to buy stuff to be competitive..

SO no we are not being ignorant when we say you dont have to use the cash shop.. because you know what... you dont have to..

I know i wont buy anything from there and I know ill enjoy the game just fine without even looking at it..

So nothing in the cash shop will help you be more competitive...

As for more enjoyable, if you think you need that hawiian shirt(or whatever) to have fun in the game then there is somthing wrong LOL..

If the cash shop has cosmetic items, then the developers will severely limit the skins of items in the game and put the best skins in the shop. This falls under point B) needing to use the cash shop to actually enjoy the game (ie, not look like a clone of everyone else). If there are XP potions, then they have designed the progression in the game to feel a little slow in hopes you will buy the XP potions to speed it up. Again, falls under point B) and could overlap into point A).

You don't have to agree with me, but you will be wrong. :)

I hate to say it but you better give up on mmos . becouse all games are going to come out with cash shops . i can understand your hate if they had godly armer or one touch kill weapons but please fussy slippers or a shirt that says noob on it not a game killer for me or most playing

Well with these next 2 beta weekends they get to quell the 2 biggest fears following Aoc.

1st weekend opens up a second pve zone and 2 dungeons. This should put at ease players who are scarred kingsmouth is the new tortage and the rest isn't up to scratch. Should also show the proper animations not the place holders from the old beta I think.

2nd weekend should show players the game has decent pvp following on from Aoc fort debacle and also give players a feel for "endgame" characters assuming they give players a fully filled put skill wheel with the persistent pvp not being available in game proper until after Egypt.
    As far as I know cash shop is for things like extra char slots, shortcuts to cosmetic clothing you can buy in game, appearance changes, transfers, pets and so forth. They aren't selling weapons or talismans. Convenience items like xp bonus potions and teleporting scrolls I'm not sure, but I think not.
  • IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

The game apparently has a closed beta on an entirely different build from open beta, so beta testing the open beta seems... counterproductive.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Looking forward to exploring more of the world. Solving more puzzles and trying out the other two factions.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Already pre purchased on day one. Just want to explore the game a bit more. Gonna play it anyway because I love the idea TSW.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by Irus

The game apparently has a closed beta on an entirely different build from open beta, so beta testing the open beta seems... counterproductive.

They tend to be more stress tests but are very much still a beta test. Developers still weed through all types of feedback.

If people are still shocked over beta weekend access through pre-purchase they should really wake up. It's been standard practice for a very long time. Development and marketing have been one and the same even since the dawn of the internet.

You stay sassy!

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Im quite excited about this mail I got from them :

The third Beta Weekend for The Secret World starts on June 15th, and for nearly three days you will get to explore and enjoy more of the game than ever before.

You can continue your progress from the last beta phase as your character has been saved.

If you want to participate in this Beta Weekend and the Beta Weekend starting June 22nd, all you need to do is pre-order the game!

I´m quite excited ,my beta account is now not so beta account but if i pre-order it wil be beta account and bla bla pum.

I´m quite excited about  what they are going to do next ,if they try to sell me alpha tester spot (including alpha tester badge)

Let's internet

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

The third Beta Weekend for The Secret World starts on June 15th, and for nearly three days you will get to explore and enjoy more of the game than ever before.

You can continue your progress from the last beta phase as your character has been saved.

If you want to participate in this Beta Weekend and the Beta Weekend starting June 22nd, all you need to do is pre-order the game!

I´m quite excited ,my beta account is now not so beta account but if i pre-order it wil be beta account and bla bla pum.

I´m quite excited about  what they are going to do next ,if they try to sell me alpha tester spot (including alpha tester badge)

There were a silly amount of keys available through several sites to get into this beta. I got that e-mail as well. Just like I get them every time GW2 is having a BWE and wants me to buy their game to get into the beta. Least this game is giving out keys still to participate and isn't solely relying on people that prepurchased the game.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

There were a silly amount of keys available through several sites to get into this beta. I got that e-mail as well. Just like I get them every time GW2 is having a BWE and wants me to buy their game to get into the beta. Least this game is giving out keys still to participate and isn't solely relying on people that prepurchased the game.

Problem was,my TSW beta account is linked with my old Anarchy Online account and im not interested opening new accounts but this new key worked like charm with that "used" beta account . +1 Funcom,and thanks you W.

edit ,still dont like this idea of paid betas.

Let's internet

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

For me im just buzzing to actually delve into the game again.

I -played in the GW2 beta last weekend and got very bored...very bored but for a no sub its gotta be bought.

TSW my nose was against the screen, love it. Love the setting and feel, it feels quite fresh and new to me in many ways.

yea.....looking forward to it overall.

• SlavojZizekSlavojZizek Member Posts: 50

I won't spent $25 on a animated horse or $250 on some weapon either. I also don't have cable TV, nor do I go see movies at a theater.

Excited bout spendin lodsza money !!  I am gonna spend up to $75 USD on an animated horse and over $500 on a rare boss drop or crafted style weapon. I do have cable, TV and I watch movies at the cinema, opera at the theatre. I intend spending over $1000 a year in the cash shop.

• cerb123cerb123 Member Posts: 46

lol I expect to touch the cash shop no more than 2 times a year. Most likely never.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I dont quite get what your saying?

Nearly every MMORPG offers beta access for pre-ordering..

• eskelaeskela Member Posts: 39

I bought game.

I'm sold since beginning January. 

Please, Funcom, take my money*. :)

* please, leave money for cigarettes and some foods would be appreciated too.

• kiiixkiiix Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by eskela

I bought game.

Sounds like someone really liked what they saw /experienced last beta :]

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
    KiX0@Steam/Raptr

Originally posted by kiiix

I bought game.

I didn't play open beta much, I didn't care, to be honest. :)

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by kiiix

I bought game.

Same here actually. Was running around a bit and logged out. I just like the idea behind TSW and will play it no matter what. And open betas just before release are no fun anyway. Will prolly try some PvP next weekend. I'm not a PvPer but would like to see how did they implement it.

Originally posted by Piiritus

Same here actually. Was running around a bit and logged out. I just like the idea behind TSW and will play it no matter what. And open betas just before release are no fun anyway. Will prolly try some PvP next weekend. I'm not a PvPer but would like to see how did they implement it.

It's nice to see someone not overthinking games issue.

I like, I buy, I play.

I don't like, I don't buy, I don't play and definetly I don't rage on forums about how Xyz game is stupid. No need, people rarely can be talk over to change their minds, so why bother. Waste of time. And this came after my holy battle to make the world realise how great TSW is, I'm smarter now, also I have much more time. :D