Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does a 100v100v100 pvp fight interest you?

How about 150v150v150?

Clean the dust from your PC, heat up some Hot Pockets and prepare to die.

Comments

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

You're in closed beta, so is that the cap on each side? We have 50 confirmed, but i believe they'll push it to 100

While the more the better of course, i believe it depends on the size of the map itself, and that goes for anything. it you try to put 300 players in a map design for around 200, it only makes it worse.

Personally, has long has the Warzones are big enough to to make sure you don't run into other players every 2 minutes, not not too small either, i'm all good.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Yes prepare to die from eating crappy food.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It does interest me but I wouldn't expect it to be playable on a Funcom Engine, they never could even fix the sieges in AoC.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by moreblahblah
    Does a 100v100v100 pvp fight interest you? How about 150v150v150?Clean the dust from your PC, heat up some Hot Pockets and prepare to die.

Neither sounds like anything I'm looking for, although the Hot Pockets sound tempting.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811
    Originally posted by Kabaal

It does interest me but I wouldn't expect it to be playable on a Funcom Engine, they never could even fix the sieges in AoC.

I talked to a developer back in January about this. They tested to see if their engine could handle it by having 300 bot players bunch together and start AoE-ing each other. They have re-written the engine to fix it. It's going to be back-ported to AoC - when they can take the developers off TSW for a second.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

yes, only if it is pvp with teritory capturing,no fun in random killing peoples around without sense

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640
    Originally posted by JosephJR

yes, only if it is pvp with teritory capturing,no fun in random killing peoples around without sense

correct, its all about controlling territory and utilize ressources in a fully persistent huge warzone with enough space for hundreds of guilds to claim their territory. not just some artificial factions fighting for flags and buffs, or even worse: just for fun. human greed about gold and political / economical influence is still the best longterm motivator in PvP. battlegrounds, even a huge one with 1000 vs 1000 vs 1000 will never be comparable to real open PvP. 

btw, i did not say pvp-ffa-everywhere. thats doomed to fail, too. and i dont mind about giving the esports-fans some arenas and battlegrounds for sPvP, hunting flags and buffs for fun. thats a must have in a good game, no doubt. but definately not enough.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87

This is the only reason I'm going to even think about trying secret world... so they best not screw it up.

• cooper85cooper85 Member Posts: 386
    Originally posted by Blackbrrd

I talked to a developer back in January about this. They tested to see if their engine could handle it by having 300 bot players bunch together and start AoE-ing each other. They have re-written the engine to fix it. It's going to be back-ported to AoC - when they can take the developers off TSW for a second.

All the while working with nvidia.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    They say it works well with upto 50 per side. I guess they will try push it to upto 100. The engine seems quite good on crowds, much better than Aoc, wow and swtor. Probably somewhere a bit better than rift it aion, but a bit behind war and gw2.

Also first update is supposed to bring 2nd persistent warzone along with the 1st 10 man raid.
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180

I just got my beta key form this website but considering my net is 1 mb/s...... how big is client?

36gb
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by pierth

Originally posted by moreblahblah
    Does a 100v100v100 pvp fight interest you? How about 150v150v150?

Clean the dust from your PC, heat up some Hot Pockets and prepare to die.

Neither sounds like anything I'm looking for, although the Hot Pockets sound tempting.

I finally had a hot pocket last year.  ick.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Yes it does, jut not in this game.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    36gb

Oh... so i'll pass. Wont wait an eternity to download BETA client and play for 3 days (especially when dl'ing will take more than that :P )

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275

If it is done properly with persistant zones, objectives, and actually does have an impact on the world yes yes and yes, but we have not seen it yet. Until I play it in the last BWE will withold my opinion, either negative or positive.

In the open betas you could see holding facilities in fusang gave good society wide bonuses by looking at the in game help. There's a bonus for each of the 4 facilities and additional bonus if you hold all 4. They also have 2 bonuses based on win% in the 2 battlegrounds.
    Also first update is supposed to bring 2nd persistent warzone along with the 1st 10 man raid.

I don't think they have stated anything as specific as this. I think they have stated that they want to see how the first persistant warzone works out before they add another one. For instance if it's really popular and they have queuing it will probably get priority.

When it comes to the raid they have said "future content updates". http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showpost.php?p=721577&postcount=435. I think it will depend on the feedback from the community. Maybe the 5-man nightmare dungeons are really well received and they end up doing more of those or people want a more dynamic type of challenge.

I think that they have a lot of plans in the scetch book and some of it partially implemented, but want to wait a bit for community feedback before they commit to anything. - Pure speculation from me, but my impression is that they are quite flexible when it comes to new content.

• cooper85cooper85 Member Posts: 386
    Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak

correct, its all about controlling territory and utilize ressources in a fully persistent huge warzone with enough space for hundreds of guilds to claim their territory. not just some artificial factions fighting for flags and buffs, or even worse: just for fun. human greed about gold and political / economical influence is still the best longterm motivator in PvP. battlegrounds, even a huge one with 1000 vs 1000 vs 1000 will never be comparable to real open PvP. 

btw, i did not say pvp-ffa-everywhere. thats doomed to fail, too. and i dont mind about giving the esports-fans some arenas and battlegrounds for sPvP, hunting flags and buffs for fun. thats a must have in a good game, no doubt. but definately not enough.

I agree 100%. This was my first hesitation with TSW. I was like wtf? no wpvp?! I then sat down and thought about it. 

What I loved about WoW pvp (pre cata)  is that it gave options. You had battle grounds, arenas, wpvp, duels, and even skirmishes. What I hated about swtor pvp was that after a day of battle grounds, I had no were else to go. Wpvp was a bismal, Ilum was broken, and I couldn't even duel let alone arena. BTW Swtor had the best feel and resouce system I ever played. 

I forced myself to ask  "what if the pvp in TSW is good?", What if Wpvp is just another option at the end of the day?" When I looked at TSW a little closer, I saw battle grounds, a huge persistant warzone, and fight clubs. Fight clubs where the kicker.

Imagine Dalaran sewers, now imagine that 4 times bigger with line of site breaks and an upper deck for spectators.There are 3 different ones. In London, Seoul, and NYC, all slightly different. No rules, no need to request a duel, free for all, or orginized 2v2 3v3 10v10, hell 20 v 20.  Dragons kicking lumies out the seoul club, lumies kicken temps out the london club. They are big pvp sand boxes that you can get to quickly from anywhere. Closed world pvp?

Now that being said there is no replacement for the rush of suprise combat that Wpvp gives. For the most part now a day, those rushes are far and few inbetween. RIFT did pretty well promoting world pvp, but I eventually got tired of that style too. The soul system and the options held me for 10 months though which is pretty damn good.

I came to the conclusion that the options in TSW pvp, coupled with the hellish "build counter build" meta game that 535 abilities gives me could keep me occupied for some time to come. :)

Also no stupid separate pvp / pve stats, and by guessing looking at the tokens section of the inventory, you get the same tokens for purchasing gear from both dungeons and pvp. With the crafting the way it is, that should also be a valid path to the best gear, possibly the best path as you can tailor it to your exact needs.
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

If i remember right they used bots to test the capacity of AoC sieges too and we saw how that turned out. If they pulled it off and ported it i'd probably reinstall it to see how it was though. I always liked the game itself just not how Funcom handled it.

Cooper.

But then wow lacks proper persistent territory / siege pvp. I don't like wintergrasp its a battleground pretending to be rvr type pvp. I don't get blizzards obsession with putting stuff on bloody timers
  • FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

When it comes to the raid they have said "future content updates". http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showpost.php?p=721577&postcount=435. I think it will depend on the feedback from the community. Maybe the 5-man nightmare dungeons are really well received and they end up doing more of those or people want a more dynamic type of challenge.

The raids they talk about are suppose to be puzzle raids that are more about, well, puzzle solving has a team, with little fighting. It's in the vimeo video thread i posted.

BTW, ShaKyMo, this is post is what i was talking about, thos mob camps, etc. But i understand you can't talk about it.

So, not conventional raiding? That makes me happy, but I wonder how they make this content (the puzzle part) repeatable. Really curious for what they have planned and if it pans out.

• tarestares Member Posts: 381
    Originally posted by cooper85
    Originally posted by UsulDaNeriak

Fight clubs where the kicker.

You would be happy in any MMO, SWTOR had a whole FFA PvP zone on Tatanooine.  WoW had two FFA PvP areas, ony by dire mall instances and another in STV, Everquest had a huge FFA arena in the bazaar marketplace and another one off lake rathe called the arena back in 1999.

All of those forums did see some great combat but they were all used rarely once or twice a day to once or twice a year.  The good news is some games are just one big fight club, we call them PvP servers.

As for the OP,  it won't get much ideal use, if you can grind gear with it then it may be exploited but it won't be anything awesome.  If it is on a single server like intended, there won't be enough players to 100v100v100.  Even worse if a faction is to big or small or there are no incentives to go fight as then it will be just like SWTOR's illum, where no one cares and everyone agrees it is broken.  The one issue with, no levels, is the side with the most geared members from the endgame zone will win.  A huge war can be awesome, I didn't like aions red name tag zergs but some players did, warhammer was inbalanced, WoW's player content the Tauren mill and south shore zerg was awesome with 100+v100+, WoW's battleground alterac vally was broken and boring for years with 40 vs 40, matches would drag on for days.