Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I removed Diablo 3 from my computer

kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

I tried 10 different drivers and ran my fan at 80% . I cannot even get to options in Diablo 3 and the computer freezes. It went so bad I have to turn the power off before I could finally get the computer to work from safe mode. Just forced shutdown does not work as the computer gets stuck in some loop where it does not really power down. This is scaring me so I removed the game from my computer. I hope the freezes and forced shutdowns have not done some irreparable damage to my computer

I am not the only one with this problem and I cannot find any resolution on the forums but what is worse even if I get a solution the next patch will probably negate it and screw with my computer again. I will wait and hopefully the 60euros I spent will enable me to play in a few months time when the game or Nvdia resolves this. 

Anyway I am sad I had wanted to play but unfortunately unable to.

Comments

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235

If you decide to complain, make sure you post your specs. For now all I can assume is you need a new pc

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

I have an Alienware with Nvdia 480 GTX and 9 gig Ram and Win 7 64 bit.  I doubt it is my computer its the only game that is giving trouble and if you do a search for freezing with Diablo 3 you will see numerous threads describing my problems exactly.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Originally posted by kitarad

I have an Alienware with Nvdia 480 GTX and 9 gig Ram and Win 7 64 bit.  I doubt it is my computer its the only game that is giving trouble and if you do a search for freezing with Diablo 3 you will see numerous threads describing my problems exactly.

Nine gigs of ram ? Explain to us how that works! Nice try.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

I checked my specs it says 9 gig of RAM. Its what I ordered from Dell when I got the Aurora Alienware. I do not understand your doubt. I just picked them from the options when you order a custom made alienware. I can change video cards and stuff but beyond that my knowledge of the PC is limited. My husband is even worse than I am . 

If you think I am lying just check the google seach engine for freezing diablo 3 and check the threads on diablo forums. I do not understand what exactly you are accusing me of.

• TsumoTsumo Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by Mephster

Could be 8 gigs on the mother board and 1 gig on the graphics card 8+1=9 image

• krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200

Dude how about a 3 x 2 GB XMS Triple Channel Kit

and a 3 x 1 GB Triple Channel Kit ????

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 
               Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Alienware
           System Model: Aurora
                   BIOS: Default System BIOS
              Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
                 Memory: 9216MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 9206MB RAM
              Page File: 2781MB used, 15630MB available
            Windows Dir: C:Windows
        DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
       User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
     System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
        DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

I copy pasted my dxdiag 

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

9 gig of ram def sounds like it could be a problem, though it looks more like a driver conflict, u should check if all your drivers are up to date

• ciidciid Member UncommonPosts: 184

This is what im useing never had any kind of crashing in D3. Maybe next time dont buy overpriced crap from dell and build it your self =p

Intel Core i7-930 @4GHZ
    MSI Big Bang-XPower
    CORSAIR XMS3 6GB
    ZOTAC AMP! GTX 480
    CORSAIR 850TX PS
    Noctua NH-D14 heatsink
    SAMSUNG 24x DVD Burner
    COOLER MASTER HAF 932 case
    WD CB 1TB sata3
    Windows 7 home 64 bit

Nvidia 295.73 drivers

I have had this computer for two years . You mean 9 gig of Ram is a problem ? I never had any problems with any other game I was playing Tera and SWTOR with it.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Dude the chances are that you are suffering a hardware problem, power supply going bad or a stick of bad ram most likely..

Playing GW2..

The problem is only with Diablo 3 and no other game so how can my computer act up on just one game. I am playing SWTOR on and off. What about all the other people on the diablo forums who have this problems they are all having issues with their computers too. Seems odd . Well thanks for the suggestions anyway.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Getting 9gb of Ram is pretty easy. If you have 2 x 4gb + 2 x 512mb then it's all good (Dual Channel). Nothing wrong with it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by 13lake

9 gig of ram def sounds like it could be a problem, though it looks more like a driver conflict, u should check if all your drivers are up to date

Why are people trying to join troubleshooting discussion when they have no idea what they're talking about. 9 GB of RAM is maybe not the most usual configuration, but a perfectly valid one. 

Anyway, OP, the cause might be anything from faulty hardware, which might only crash in certain scenarios, to actual poor diablo 3 coding. You could try the usual troubleshooting before anything else, like turning off UAC (or running it in admin mode), changing power settings from balanced to high performance, re-installing diablo 3, or checking your error log to look for more clues.

REALITY CHECK

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by ciid

This is what im useing never had any kind of crashing in D3. Maybe next time dont buy overpriced crap from dell and build it your self =p

Intel Core i7-930 @4GHZ
    MSI Big Bang-XPower
    CORSAIR XMS3 6GB
    ZOTAC AMP! GTX 480
    CORSAIR 850TX PS
    Noctua NH-D14 heatsink
    SAMSUNG 24x DVD Burner
    COOLER MASTER HAF 932 case
    WD CB 1TB sata3
    Windows 7 home 64 bit

Nvidia 295.73 drivers

built it? mined toe aluminum, cast the die's?, spun the motor copper...you mean "put it to together"? hehe

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137

Me too OP!  But for completely different reasons.

• krakkenkrakken Member Posts: 200

I have had this computer for two years . You mean 9 gig of Ram is a problem ? I never had any problems with any other game I was playing Tera and SWTOR with it.

no i think so, and i build pc's for more then 10 years now ...

if some of the ram have a technical issue you should experience random crashes with other applications

try a update of all drivers, at least of your grafix card. i would also recommend updating your mobo driver and maybe check your harddisk for bad sectors.

you can find the nvidia drivers at

http://www.nvidia.com/content/global/global.php

you can also contact dell. some customers of me have made some very good experience with dell support

edit: and dell have some diagnostic applications to check your hardware

• RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42

To original poster,

You do know this is the worst site to get advice from?

99% of the people who post out here have no clue what their first name is even.

I am beginning to suspect that but the official forums it seems there is no answer there either. I am just hoping time will solve this. Meanwhile no other application so far has caused any problem on my computer. I will try to get the beta of TSW and see how that goes.

• wiredknightswiredknights Member Posts: 56

9GB RAM is totaly possible.. he's using 3x 3GB DDR3 Triple-Channel just google his system at Alienware AURORA..

Anyhoo.. that's a system to run a NASA operation so something must be screwed on the OS side.. Alienware likes to tweak and some tweaking normaly don't go along with some games.. what I found odd was how you are using so little physical RAM when you have so much and using so much page file "RAM" when you need so little from it.

Available OS Memory: 9206MB RAM
    Page File: 2781MB used, 15630MB available

Your computer must be configured to use little RAM when in the OS (Windows 7) since normaly you should have eaten by the OS at least almost 1GB of RAM.. instead I think Alienware has tweaked the OS to only use the physical RAM (9GB) in apps/games which is a bit stupid since no game to date will need so much RAM to run smooth.. using the page file can cause some problems sometimes..

I'm not saying it's the problem but who knows..

Anyhoo.. what I like to do with those kinds of systems as soon as I receive them is FORMAT and CLEAN INSTALL :)