Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World #3 Beta, what are you most excited about?

kiiixkiiix Member Posts: 93

As the title says, what are you most excited about/looking forward to in this coming beta weekend?

I for my, am most excited about trying the game out for the first time and see how my pc handles it:]

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
KiX0@Steam/Raptr

Comments

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

I am looking forward to exploring the whole secret world. 

There are stories and places that are facinating. From what I have seen in the previous betas this game will keep me occupied for a long time. (for the 1337 crowd, I only play 5-10 hrs a week) :)

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Testing the other two factions i guess..

Its going to help me decide what I want to be plus of course will give me a chance to help find bugs again :)

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

I really, really want to buy the game, but I cannot support a game that has a retail fee + sub + cash shop. If they sub fee is less than $10, then yes...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

Originally posted by fldash

I really, really want to buy the game, but I cannot support a game that has a retail fee + sub + cash shop. If they sub fee is less than $10, then yes...

You dont have to use the cash shop there will nothing in there you need to buy to be able to play.. Just like the AOC was before it went f2p so dont worry about the cash shop lol..

Dont get me wrong i dont like cash shops at all but every game seems to be having them these days.. as least its just going to be cosmetic stuff and maybe some xp pots..

• arrisbarrisb Member UncommonPosts: 194

There are reviews coming in after lunch?  Cool!  I have just eaten mine so cant be much longer to wait.

Originally posted by arrisb

There are reviews coming in after lunch?  Cool!  I have just eaten mine so cant be much longer to wait.

haha i missed that awesome :)

• badgerAlumbadgerAlum Member Posts: 27

I hate to be a complainer, but I'm pretty sure even when I'm only playing an MMO casually for a month, I get more enjoyment than a movie and a latte give me.  It's hillarious that people will spend $20 on an animated horse or $250 on some weapon in Diablo, but $15 is too much to ask to play a game for a month with the expectation that over time the game is build upon?  I'm not arguing that we should just throw our money at developers without reason.  But if you are enjoying the game, then it's worth a sub fee.  And don't throw the cash shop crap in here either.  As of right now, it's purely cosmetic and is purely elective.  If that changes that you can get back to me.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Looking forward to checking out the additional zone and experiencing some group content.

Far as the poll I selected "Maybe". Strongly leaning towards buying but unfortunately I am still a bit hesitant because...well...it's Funcom. The more I test the game out though the more I am leaning towards a purchase though.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Already got the life time subscription, but then I actually liked AoC and they have basically fixed everything I didn't like with AoC in TSW. ;)

My favourite feature of TSW is the questing with five different form of quests (story, investigation, sabotage, action and item). It really breaks up the progression through the game to such an excent that if the whole game was like Kingsmouth, I would be happy.

What got me to get the life time sub was the progression system with 535 different abilities, 9 weapons and so many ways to put them together. I loved Titan quest that had dual classing, creating fun builds. In TSW they have taken this to a whole new level.

Other nice things is the crafting that has been made so you can create your own gear throughout the game while leveling instead of relying on just drops. Many other games have crafting, but they are usually created as time sinks and not something that is useful from start to finish.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Just had lunch but no reviews. :P

I'm interested in seeing the dungeons (Polaris and Hell) and the 2 other faction cities.

Also, i really hope they open up the outer wheel. they said the better abilities are there. If they want to show how good the combat is, we have to use them.

And teh Savage Coast in general of course.

Originally posted by badgerAlum

Originally posted by fldash I really, really want to buy the game, but I cannot support a game that has a retail fee + sub + cash shop. If they sub fee is less than $10, then yes...
    I hate to be a complainer, but I'm pretty sure even when I'm only playing an MMO casually for a month, I get more enjoyment than a movie and a latte give me.  It's hillarious that people will spend $20 on an animated horse or $250 on some weapon in Diablo, but $15 is too much to ask to play a game for a month with the expectation that over time the game is build upon?  I'm not arguing that we should just throw our money at developers without reason.  But if you are enjoying the game, then it's worth a sub fee.  And don't throw the cash shop crap in here either.  As of right now, it's purely cosmetic and is purely elective.  If that changes that you can get back to me.
    I won't spent $25 on a animated horse or $250 on some weapon either. I also don't have cable TV, nor do I go see movies at a theater. The only non-vital (ie, not electricity, sewer, garbage, etc) service I pay monthly for is Internet. I will pay an MMO subscription fee, assuming they don't have a cash shop. And anyone that says you don't have to use a cash shop is ignorant. Games with cash shops are designed so that you have to use it to either:

A) be competitive
    B) make the game actually enjoyable

Please don't lump me in with 'everyone'.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362

I am excited about DX11, can(t wait to see how it runs maxed out.

• Tommii87Tommii87 Member Posts: 6

I for myself am excited about the lore in this game, probably the first time i will actually read everything [or close to everything].

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

The fact that I actually have a beta key and will be trying it out for the first time.

Always fun to try out a new MMO, will be very interested in the skill system and how they all interlock.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DanwarrDanwarr Member CommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by kiiix

As the title says, what are you most excited about/looking forward to in this coming beta weekend?

I for my, am most excited about trying the game out for the first time and see how my pc handles it:]

Me too OP. Back when TSW was announced I thought it had huge potential and everything I've seen so far looks really really good.

Can't wait to start playing around with different deck builds and fighting w/e monsters and demons FC has concocted. Should be a good weekend.

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
    Playing: ESO,DCUO
    Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

• DanwarrDanwarr Member CommonPosts: 185

Originally posted by badgerAlum

Originally posted by fldash I really, really want to buy the game, but I cannot support a game that has a retail fee + sub + cash shop. If they sub fee is less than $10, then yes...
    I won't spent $25 on a animated horse or $250 on some weapon either. I also don't have cable TV, nor do I go see movies at a theater. The only non-vital (ie, not electricity, sewer, garbage, etc) service I pay monthly for is Internet. I will pay an MMO subscription fee, assuming they don't have a cash shop. And anyone that says you don't have to use a cash shop is ignorant. Games with cash shops are designed so that you have to use it to either:

A) be competitive

So what do you think about Turbine's model?

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
    Playing: ESO,DCUO
    Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

A) be competitive

This game has a sub the cash shop is a way to make a little extra, they will only have cosmetic items and maybe soem XP potions as stated before... nothing in the shop will be a requirement to play the game unlike some games with cash shops where you need to buy stuff to be competitive..

SO no we are not being ignorant when we say you dont have to use the cash shop.. because you know what... you dont have to..

I know i wont buy anything from there and I know ill enjoy the game just fine without even looking at it..

So nothing in the cash shop will help you be more competitive...

As for more enjoyable, if you think you need that hawiian shirt(or whatever) to have fun in the game then there is somthing wrong LOL..

• samooryesordsamooryesord Member UncommonPosts: 96

I freaken missed the give away by 1 fraken key! It said 1 key left to give away when I loaded the page.. tried to claim and said there were none. Grrr!!! Whoever took that last key, you better freaken enjoy it! YOU BETTER NOT WASTE IT! ><

Originally posted by samooryesord

I freaken missed the give away by 1 fraken key! It said 1 key left to give away when I loaded the page.. tried to claim and said there were none. Grrr!!! Whoever took that last key, you better freaken enjoy it! YOU BETTER NOT WASTE IT! ><

check to see if these guys have any left..

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3...ekend-giveaway

Originally posted by Danwarr

I'm actually not familiar with it... LOTRO never interested me because it contained no PvP at all...

Originally posted by Caldrin
    This game has a sub the cash shop is a way to make a little extra, they will only have cosmetic items and maybe soem XP potions as stated before... nothing in the shop will be a requirement to play the game unlike some games with cash shops where you need to buy stuff to be competitive..

SO no we are not being ignorant when we say you dont have to use the cash shop.. because you know what... you dont have to..

I know i wont buy anything from there and I know ill enjoy the game just fine without even looking at it..

As for more enjoyable, if you think you need that hawiian shirt(or whatever) to have fun in the game then there is somthing wrong LOL..

If the cash shop has cosmetic items, then the developers will severely limit the skins of items in the game and put the best skins in the shop. This falls under point B) needing to use the cash shop to actually enjoy the game (ie, not look like a clone of everyone else). If there are XP potions, then they have designed the progression in the game to feel a little slow in hopes you will buy the XP potions to speed it up. Again, falls under point B) and could overlap into point A).

You don't have to agree with me, but you will be wrong. :)

If the cash shop has cosmetic items, then the developers will severely limit the skins of items in the game and put the best skins in the shop. This falls under point B) needing to use the cash shop to actually enjoy the game (ie, not look like a clone of everyone else). If there are XP potions, then they have designed the progression in the game to feel a little slow in hopes you will buy the XP potions to speed it up. Again, falls under point B) and could overlap into point A).

Yup I dont agree with you because your wrong.... :)

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Just want to check out the game. This will be my first beta.

I'd definitely be 3000x times more likely to get this game if it wasn't P2P with a cash shop on top (WTF). The argument of "it's not necessary" stuff only works if I'm not already paying extra, if I'm paying extra I want the non-necessary stuff. Unless it's a really diminished cash shop with really nothing in it (like WoW's maybe), that's a ripoff and that's pure greed right there. Of all things Funcom could do to patch up their reputation yet they still have to drain money from loyal customers? Really?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's simmilar to wow pricing wise.
  • SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

Originally posted by Danwarr

I'm actually not familiar with it... LOTRO never interested me because it contained no PvP at all...

Originally posted by Caldrin

I hope the game is slow. I am in no rush. I don't know why anyone feels they are competing when there is no competition. This reminds of the fools who peel off the line at the lights racing the car beside them when the car beside them is not racing with them.

As far as cosmetic items go, if you feel you need them than you need to ask yourself why you feel that way. Not sure what this pixelated clothing obsession is that people have.

You need to eat food, you need to drink liquids, you need to breathe oxygen. You don't need to have pixels, thats a want.

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

Ive beta tested a lot of games. And I have beta tested TSW several times. I was excited about the idea, but now I have become less excited about it. I will wait for several months before purchasing.