Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't Cancel Account

fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

I would not mess around with this company.

Tried for several days to cancel my account.  The online account management simply doesn't work.  Went through the process several times... never recieved a confirmation email... no change in my account status. 

Tried to contact their so boldly displayed 24/7 ONLINE SUPPORT... waited 4 hours for my place in the queue to drop from 95 to 22... only to see it then start to RISE... I gave up when I was up to 27!!! 

I remember when they were having account management problems on launch... OK... I sent a ticket then, didn't get a reply until 2 weeks later --- sorry for the delay, we've been busy.  if you're still having problems please contact our online support.

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Have you posted this on the Tera forum? Might get better advice over there.

• RookofKnightRookofKnight Member Posts: 31

You could also call your bank and tell them to block any transactions to En Masse or TERA until further notice by yourself.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by RookofKnight

You could also call your bank and tell them to block any transactions to En Masse or TERA until further notice by yourself.

This ^.

No need to be diplomatic about it. If you don't want to pay them anymore, and their system isn't working, block the transaction.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

You can't cancel your account and I can't setup a subscription.

Their service provider digitial river is apparently horrible.

If you do get charged, EME has stated they will refund stuff like this.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

if you want to cancel cant you just remove your card details to stop payments from being taken?..or are you having problems with that as well?

Originally posted by kevjards

if you want to cancel cant you just remove your card details to stop payments from being taken?..or are you having problems with that as well?

Everything about the system is messed up atm.  He's probably getting the error message most people are getting which doesn't allow you to modify anything about the account (including me, who wants to subscribe).

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Everything about the system is messed up atm.  He's probably getting the error message most people are getting which doesn't allow you to modify anything about the account (including me, who wants to subscribe).

not sure about other days but today there seems to be an exceptional error..thats in the EU though,cant speak for en masse.i cant log or do anything with accounts atm either..so i,m kind of wondering if they are related?

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

I believe that Enmasse outsource some of their account management to Digital River Inc rather than handle it inhouse.  So if you are looking to block payment for your subscription that may be who you need to block.

I unsubscribed soon after I bought the game (as I do with all MMOs) and didn't have any issues so I suspect the problem is because so many people are attempting to unsubscribe at once and overloading their account page...

There is certainly something screwy going on.  I tried to log in today and it said I don't have an active subscription and my account page says my subscription is active and I have 3 days left... As I don't play in continuing the subscription I'm not too concerned but they did cheat me out of a final weekend of gaming... had I wanted to use it.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

Originally posted by DanitaKusor

I believe that Enmasse outsource some of their account management to Digital River Inc rather than handle it inhouse.  So if you are looking to block payment for your subscription that may be who you need to block.

I unsubscribed soon after I bought the game (as I do with all MMOs) and didn't have any issues so I suspect the problem is because so many people are attempting to unsubscribe at once and overloading their account page...

Unless that was true two weeks ago when the OP submitted his ticket, I find it doubtful.

There is a lot of activity going on right now.  I, like you, always unsubscribe immediately in case I forget to cancel if I don't like a game.  Now I want to subscribe but can't.

This has been going on for about a week.  It's certainly leaving a black mark but like I said EME has stated they will make refunds if warranted.

I doubt anyone will be using Digital River ever again.

As for the 3 days, they're giving out free time because of the problems to most accounts.  If it displays time active in days you should be able to play (even though you don't want to) so I'm not sure what's up with that.

I've gotten 2 free 3 days, but still can't set up my sub.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

As for the 3 days, they're giving out free time because of the problems to most accounts.  If it displays time active in days you should be able to play (even though you don't want to) so I'm not sure what's up with that.

I've gotten 2 free 3 days, but still can't set up my sub.

Well I checked again and it does seem I can log in now (couldn't yesterday).  Must have been a temporary hiccup and I never bothered checking again because I assumed I had run out of subscription.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

From Facebook:

Hey TERA fans, we're aware that some players are being billed in error. We're tracking down the cause and will be fixing it as soon as possible. In the meantime, we will be issuing refunds to anyone billed in error.

If you were billed in error, please contact our Support Team:
    https://tera-support.enmasse.com/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social_media&utm_campaign=support

• CruizerkeCruizerke Member UncommonPosts: 68

I went through their Live Chat and geezus was it a mess. I explained that I did not wish to play Tera any longer and would like to have my credit card details removed because there is no option for me to do that. The first guy I talked too said no problem after asking me a few questions as to why I did not want to play any longer. I just stated that it just didn't keep my interest and at this point I just wanted my card details removed. I also stated that it's possible that I would return in the future after some patches/expansion etc..

Well he said no problem and to give him a couple minutes. I kindly said no problem and waited. About 5 minutes later he replies saying that my details have been removed. I thank him for helping and closed the live chat. I wanted to verify that the details had been removed so I went to my account page. Yes they were removed alright, he completely canceled the Tera account. He REMOVED Tera from my EnMasse account. Which means the $60 collectors edition was gone, my account had no games linked to it. I no longer had access in the future to a game I paid for.

So I went back to the Live Chat and got a different person this time. She was cheery and listened while I explained what I wanted and what had just happened. She had me hold for a short while, she then came back saying that what the other person had done with my Tera account was the equivalent of a perma ban. The only way at this time your credit card details can be removed is to cancel and remove that copy (serial key) from your EnMasse account.

I told her that I may return in the future and didn't want to lose access to the game I paid $60 for. She had me hold again and then come back saying that she re-instated my Tera account but could not remove the credit card details. She says the best she could do was to remove parts of my name and address associated with that credit card number in hopes a transaction would fail due to incomplete info. I thanked her for her time and help and then closed the Live Chat.

I checked my account for Tera again and yes it had been restored. When I checked to see what my subscription was set for, it was set back to auto-renewal, but part of my name was missing and some of my address. I tried to set it to manual renewal and saved it. When I checked the account again the next day, it was back on auto-renewal....... So in the end my only option to be sure I was not going to be charged was to contact my credit card company, have the card canceled with a new one being sent to me.

To each their own, but this whole ordeal is way too much to go through for a damned game. I work too hard for my money to have a game company make it difficult to control what is done with my money.

I had successes just submitting tickets, in at least getting free days and then finally being able to subscribe again.

I've read totally mixed reviews on the live support and so if you're having problems, I recommend just going with a ticket and resorting to live support if nothing changes after a day or two.

• Dorko2kDorko2k Member Posts: 107

yup, I put up a post last week about this same situation & I only found out that my canceled subscription was still set to auto-renew because I was curious about what hte latest patch brought to the game. That's when I saw a full page of complaints about people either not being able to play or people who had canceled but their account still showed them as active & set to auto-renew.

After 3.5 hours on hold for customer service I finally got my account changed to manual but I still had to wait about 2 days for them to remove my credit card info.

I wouldn't go so far as to say its a scam but Digital River has absolutely nooooooooo idea what they're doing & the longer En Masse continues to deal with the more subscriptions they;re going to lose. Most players freak out when a dev changes a skin for a weapon or a piece of armor, I cant even imagine the rage they'll unleash if their money gets messed with. I saw one guy on the forums wanted to play but his account wouldn't renew even though it was set to auto-renew, then the next day he said he was charged 3 times for an account. What a disaster

• TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284

Yeah I had a problem as well. I went for the "6 month" option figuring i could change it before my first month was up if it looked like it might not be worth that time (I wanted to lock the early subscriber discount in just in case) and when I realized I might not get more than another month or two out of Tera I went to change it and couldn't. So then I tried to cancel it and got the error message. Then I tried again later and got messages saying "the change will take place in a few minutes" but when I went to check the account never changed.

I paid through paypal, so that meant I should be showing a subscription arrangement....but when I went to paypal it showed no active or pending subscriptions. This had me wondering if the sub had actually cancelled. For contrast, when I paid for WoW via paypal it would immediately show my subscription listing.

Anyway, long story short my card was billed through paypal. I filed a customer service ticket with En Masse, no response. I filed a fraudulent charge complaint with Paypal, explaining that while I had validly provided data to En Masse they had not provided a means or properly cancelling my subscription. Also, apparently Digital River didn't submit my subscription to Paypal until the day they charged it. So Paypal just reversed the charge and refunded me the money. That was Sunday. Curiously, I've still got access to the game (wonder for how much longer).

I like Tera, but I think I'll wait until I see prepaid cards for this one; En Masse has (like Funcom and others before them) lost my trust.

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by fadis

I would not mess around with this company.

Tried for several days to cancel my account.  The online account management simply doesn't work.  Went through the process several times... never recieved a confirmation email... no change in my account status. 

Tried to contact their so boldly displayed 24/7 ONLINE SUPPORT... waited 4 hours for my place in the queue to drop from 95 to 22... only to see it then start to RISE... I gave up when I was up to 27!!! 

I remember when they were having account management problems on launch... OK... I sent a ticket then, didn't get a reply until 2 weeks later --- sorry for the delay, we've been busy.  if you're still having problems please contact our online support.

I cannot cancel either. Tried twice last week and was under the impression my sub wwould end. This morning I recieved an email informing me my credit card was charged for the coming month.

Went to the website and still cannot cancel this sub.

Something is not right here.

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353

Cannot change anything here either. This is not good. I will have no alternative but to contact my bank, but I shouldn't have to.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

He REMOVED Tera from my EnMasse account. Which means the $60 collectors edition was gone, my account had no games linked to it. I no longer had access in the future to a game I paid for.

I hope this is a lesson for all, guys stay away from digital downloads doesnt matter if this company, steam or other ones. You pay actually for something you dont even hold in your hands and you are a consumer slave for their own distribution systems. What do you think happens with your games when such a company goes bankrupt.

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

I put in a ticket to cancel my account didn't get a response for 3 days, so I contacted live chat.

At 8am(cst) on a Saturday it was only a 40 minute wait which wasn't nearly as bad as the 5 hour estimated wait on a Friday night. Had the rep remove my credit card info and cancel my sub, which was done rather promptly with email confirmation.

I'm told calling the customer service number lets you receive a callback and is an even faster option.

While it is frustrating as an end user, it does get resolved. Take heed to the warning though.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

They really need to get off their cans and start selling timecards.  It would make a lot of people a lot more confident if they could buy timecards and just enter the codes to extend their time rather than having a billing cycle.

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Dorko2k

yup, I put up a post last week about this same situation & I only found out that my canceled subscription was still set to auto-renew because I was curious about what hte latest patch brought to the game. That's when I saw a full page of complaints about people either not being able to play or people who had canceled but their account still showed them as active & set to auto-renew.

After 3.5 hours on hold for customer service I finally got my account changed to manual but I still had to wait about 2 days for them to remove my credit card info.

I wouldn't go so far as to say its a scam but Digital River has absolutely nooooooooo idea what they're doing & the longer En Masse continues to deal with the more subscriptions they;re going to lose. Most players freak out when a dev changes a skin for a weapon or a piece of armor, I cant even imagine the rage they'll unleash if their money gets messed with. I saw one guy on the forums wanted to play but his account wouldn't renew even though it was set to auto-renew, then the next day he said he was charged 3 times for an account. What a disaster

I have three account one for me and my two boys. None of us play Tera any more not since the first month. Just checked and I have been billed lol. Just submitted tickets on all 3 accounts.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

They seem to be having all kinds of issues with subscriptions then.  As I explained in this thread--http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/355830/Great-Customer-Service.html--I was charged for a sub fee for each of the last two months even though I didn't even own the game!  I pre-purchased it back in February but canceled it soon after, getting a full refund.  Didn't touch the game for months, didn't even realized it had officially released, and suddenly I was being charged subscription fees!

Anyway, I simply submitted tickest on their support website, and my issues were promptly resolved within 24 hours each time.

My experiences: terrible account management services, amazing customer support.   

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107

I have to say they gave me no isue getting a refund. That said I should never have been charged.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Why would anyone want to cancel such an amazing game? I have been playing since release and never expected to make it past the free month with TSW near release and GW2 not so very far away. Since I have been playing TERA I have suddenly found myself not even caring if TSW is any good and not even looking forwars to GW2 anymore as well. For now I have found gaming bliss and that is with TERA! Don't ask me why but I like it!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I've been hearing about the billing problems on multiple forums, and while I was curious about Tera, I think this sealed the deal.  I'm not THAT interested :P

Even though TOR had major issues, I could at least say they offered time cards at retailers.

If this game goes F2P I'll be there though (no promises)!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.