Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date [mod edit]

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Omg, so hyped right now. Look here! Cant wait for this. 

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It's fake, did you read the article? From the bottom :

"We have not released an official launch date within 2012 as feedback from our closed and open marketing betas will help us determine an exact release date. We will release Guild Wars 2 when it is ready."

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Whaaaaaaaaat!

That would be so sweet! But frankly, I'm waiting for an actual statement from Arenanet.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Sorry to burst your buble but that's an old post of a month ago and Anet already stated it was a placeholder / fake by the retailers.

If you look at the bottom of that article:

Update: Here's a statement from NCsoft: "We have not released an official launch date within 2012 as feedback from our closed and open marketing betas will help us determine an exact release date. We will release Guild Wars 2 when it is ready."

• dleveldlevel Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Originally posted by lilHeala

Sorry to burst your buble but that's an old post of a month ago and Anet already stated it was a placeholder / fake by the retailers.

Update: Here's a statement from NCsoft: "We have not released an official launch date within 2012 as feedback from our closed and open marketing betas will help us determine an exact release date. We will release Guild Wars 2 when it is ready."

Community Manager of Blizzard hired by Ncsoft?

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

June 28th sounds great and looks great.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 516

rename and lock plz

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

They already responeded to that particular image and it is fake

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293

As many already stated this must be fake. Lets face it, as much as I enjoyed the BWE the game is not ready for a June release.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758
    Originally posted by dlevel
    Originally posted by lilHeala

Community Manager of Blizzard hired by Ncsoft?

Arenanet's founders = old blizzard employees. Mainly from the diablo 2/battlenet team iirc.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Elesthor

As many already stated this must be fake. Lets face it, as much as I enjoyed the BWE the game is not ready for a June release.

There are some quircks with the game, but nothing that cant wayt till after release... BWE2 felt to me more finished and stable than any other MMO that ever released before...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

You have got to be kidding right  ?

How  much more smooth do want this to actually get how many games have you tested in the past  because if this is not ready for launch then i'm a monkeys uncle,and suffice to say you can not have been in many Beta's before this one am i correct in that assumption ?

p>
  • KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by darker70

How  much more smooth do want this to actually get how many games have you tested in the past  because if this is not ready for launch then i'm a monkeys uncle,and suffice to say you can not have been in many Beta's before this one am i correct in that assumption ?

I've been in many betas before and I've seen countless MMOs going live before being ready .

Dunno, maybe its the fact that I played a mesmer in the BWE and while fun they are completely unpolished. 

Also from Anets responses I get the feeling that they are still experimenting with things. Thats by no means a bad thing since it shows that they are open minded, but I'd like to see solid mechanics before they ship (with the option to fine-tune post release ofc.).

Finally, we have seen only a small amount of the content that will be available on launch. How can be sure that other areas work well? I've lived the WAR tier 4 RvR fiasco and I dont want this to happen to GW2. 

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Oh look...it's that photo shopped picture being passed off as legit again.

It is already the 14th of June and some of you still think they'll announce a June 28th launch? Seriously?

I know, I know, someone will refute my post by linking to the other infamous supposed date leak with the numbered jerseys.

>_>

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123

I've been in many betas before and I've seen countless MMOs going live before being ready .

Dunno, maybe its the fact that I played a mesmer in the BWE and while fun they are completely unpolished. 

Also from Anets responses I get the feeling that they are still experimenting with things. Thats by no means a bad thing since it shows that they are open minded, but I'd like to see solid mechanics before they ship (with the option to fine-tune post release ofc.).

Finally, we have seen only a small amount of the content that will be available on launch. How can be sure that other areas work well? I've lived the WAR tier 4 RvR fiasco and I dont want this to happen to GW2. 

just because weve only seen a small part of the game doesnt mean it isnt ready.

some games doesnt even want to show everything before launch.

im not saying its ready by any means but just because we havent seen everything doesnt mean it isnt

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

We have only seen 60 % of the starter zones and some content up to level 35.  We dont know in wht state the rest of the game is. I agree in wht ive played was in good shape, though.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by freston

We have only seen 60 % of the starter zones and some content up to level 35.  We dont know in wht state the rest of the game is. I agree in wht ive played was in good shape, though.

We've actually "seen" high level zones at Gamescom last year when they showcased the fight with The shatterer, I believe it was level 50 or so Dynamic Event. Every now and then on the internet some new pictures of Asura city will pop up or other leaked details. They do have interntal team of testers that goes through it every day all day. 

That said tho, there is a lot of things ANet will want to test on wider pool of players, especially with the mechanics part of game that seems to be changing every build. Until they are happy with that, don't expect a release. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Ezhae
    Originally posted by freston

We've actually "seen" high level zones at Gamescom last year when they showcased the fight with The shatterer, I believe it was level 50 or so Dynamic Event. Every now and then on the internet some new pictures of Asura city will pop up or other leaked details. They do have interntal team of testers that goes through it every day all day. 

That said tho, there is a lot of things ANet will want to test on wider pool of players, especially with the mechanics part of game that seems to be changing every build. Until they are happy with that, don't expect a release. 

While Anet made some money with the prepurchasing action, i personally think econnomical reasons are as much a reason for an early release as is the technical state of the game.... The technical state is far beyoud acceptable, its plain the best an MMO has ever seen in beta, so the game could be released any moment, if they are done with the content in the nonplayable part of the game.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

You really believe they'd announce the release date 14 days before? They just finished this BWE. There's going to be atleast 1 more to test the whole leveling speed or stuff. They had that question pool right?

August atleast, still, IMO.

• ChuvarHramaChuvarHrama Member UncommonPosts: 88

OP thx for giving me a heart attack... 

This discussion has been closed.