Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: A Look Inside Friends & Family

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Wildstar Wednesday is a bit different this week as the team gives viewers and fans an inside look at the Friends & Family program that is currently ongoing. The team has produced a terrific video that you won't want to miss. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I have a feeling Wildstar really needs more media presence. I pretty much forgot all about it until now. Looks pretty good, wonder how that Settler path is going to work in a world populate with players and fellow Settlers. Also, addition of action combat makes me happy.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261

A bit "cartoony" but looks interesting.

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

Does look great.  Ya its true not alot of publicitty, only reason I remember its there is because I have a bookmark for the website I see once in a while.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Love the way this game is looking!
  • KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Woah....never been too interested in Wildstar, until now! Looks great and a lot of fun! Even tho if the graphic reminds me a bit of WoW (the game I hate after 4 years playing), I still like it alot! Nice! Now I have something more to look forward to!

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

haha there is a huge troll at 2:00...cant w8 for this game looks so fun..

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I am throughly impressed.

Smile

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Combat is very similar to TERA. A little too cartoony for me personally.

Joined - July 2004

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

The furry-tails is a big turn off to me for this game.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Hugely not a fan of the graphics but the combat looks fast paced and skillful. I'm sold. 

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174

This guy sounds so much like Cave Johnson I can't even

• Lowfer69Lowfer69 Member UncommonPosts: 65

Interesting and Different. Can't say that often these days. Will be watching this one.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195
    Originally posted by AlienShirt

The furry-tails is a big turn off to me for this game.

Oh come on everyone likes to get a little tail...

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Still so little on this game, the Features section on their site is still in progress...

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

looks like shit. Another low quality mmo. 

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by makii

GW2 fan? obviously?

I think this looks great, the Settler and Explorer paths alone sound great to me

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

The combat looks really fun and fast.  I like the art style.  It looks a lot like a Dreamworks movie and I love those.  The idea behind the roles of settler, warrior, scientist, and explorer really could be a twist.  I don't recall seeing a game system so heavily dedicated to diverse playstyles like that before.  It's interesting.

you know the only thing that worries me is that they said 20% of your quests will be based off your role, I was hoping I had the choice for it to be 100%, Id love to just be a scientist, or just a settler, would make my alts feel so much more unique

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Originally posted by Myrdynn
    Originally posted by makii

GW2 fan? obviously?

I think this looks great, the Settler and Explorer paths alone sound great to me

Oh it became so popular to say that everything bad is by GW2 fans... If you check his post history he's actually dissapointed by GW2. So I guess I can call you hater.

• ohpowerohpower Member Posts: 72

Great vision, interesting game to be. Let's hope the best for it.

By the way, I was making a little comment on this on another forum: don't you think it has a little GW2 feeling to it? Not "GW2 clone" but it seems the MOBA-style "put a circle (or any other grometrical figure) on the ground, that's where you hit", the environments with lots of interaction and hidden things, the "have fun at low level" philosophy, the "explore and see vistas" philosophy, the "dynamic events"... Maybe GW2 is really having a good impact on the game-makers as a whole, telling them players like to explore and feel that the world is vibrant.

This doesn't mean that the next games aren't going to be better than GW2, but it seems that manifesto of theirs showed a real direction.

By the way, someone answered that NCSoft is the producer, so that Anet and these guys have a common point in their management teams. In any case, I think that's good: maybe after all this really is part of the next gen MMOs, with persistent shooters -and maybe the messiah sandbox :p-
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

I actually don't feel GW2 in it. But it reminds me of Copernicus =P maybe it's the similarities in artstyle. The game looks kind of nice tbh.

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Usually I don't like comic style graphics but this game just looks great. I really liked everything I have seen about this. Plus the combat system seems really cool.  Think I really need to fetch some more information about Wildstar.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    F2P at launch, with a sub option or else this game goes no where fast..

Don't get me wrong, its interesting and has huge potential, but without a F2P option, I don't see much persons staying after 2 months..

Also if sub model is used, let's hope they try a cheaper sub model, how about $10 a month or #5..
  • werewoodwerewood Member Posts: 76

It seems a bit too action combat oriented for me, as you literally have to move constantly - according to the video at least. But that aside it looks great (bit like WoW env.) and has elements of GW2 if you like. I am impressed and looking forward to test when its ready.

http://werewood.wordpress.com/

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

Looks really awesome, the effects and some of the systems are really exciting. Performance looks great with the chosen Art Style...

Too bad it is not a Sanbox though :(

I hear the Level this and Level that, you do this at that level and do that at this level, and it all ring Bad in my head just not in the mood to play pretend anymore and follow guided play....

But otherwise I agree with many here this game needs more coverage it really looks and feels awesome.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

Why can't this be an animated series...the trailer was hilarious :(

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.