Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Behind the Scenes - Riders of Rohan

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Turbine and the Lord of the Rings Online team have produced a behind the scenes video to show off the creative process behind creating Riders of Rohan. This video highlights some of the work that went into making the live action short as true to the source material as possible and shows a short snippet of some of the new content to come. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MessrembMessremb Member Posts: 11

erm.. so where's Pokket ? :)

On a serious note, they need to stop wasting time high-casing an expansion that feels anything but one, and actually get WB to hire some extra hands in the dev dpt..long time supporter, but truth be told, things are sure not what they used to be creativity-wise in Turbine..

• TadzioTadzio Member UncommonPosts: 103

I know I'm bitter, but I wish they took us behind the scenes of the meeting where they decided that selling expansion without instances for 50-70 bucks is acceptable.

• MessrembMessremb Member Posts: 11

likewise..and much as i blame the transition to WB slavery for the pricing..

I also blame the steady, loyal subscriber base..when we, as a whole, allow and encourage an MMO to become Lord of the Stables (+ emotes) Online..is it really merely Turbine's fault? The only thing they produce in copious amounts and in a steady pace is mounts..and new emotes? Who do you think asks for those? (sadly, don't get me wrong)

And before you reply in a way most anticipated, go have a look, and count the number of posts (not threads, number of posts) that are about either of the 2 above..and then contrast them to the number of posts in threads where actual mechanics, or anything gameplay - related is concerned.. and within those, do also note just how many people keep turning one idea down after the other simply cause it hurts the "lore".. They leave them no room..

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

LORD OF THE STABLES, omfg that made me die of laughter, so true, thanks for that. MOAR MOUNTS MOAR MONEY

Seems like this is the offical one so im going to foward my reply here

Fail company is fail. 

Leave the video production to Peter Jackson, you are in the MMO  industry not movies, oh wait...that explains, Warner bros.They probably spent more time shooting this useless set of "real life experience" video, instead of actually expanding the game and not just adding in silly grinding quest ( while yes, it has story but no endgame such as raids/instances/new pvp maps)

Moria bought tons of instances/raids/quests/maps, it was the best expansion i have seen in MMO history. 

RoI - I think we all know we got ripped for that silly expansion

RoR - they are making videos with actors/customes instead of adding raids/instances. Good to know what they are wasting their time with.

/Rage off

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Originally posted by Tadzio

I know I'm bitter, but I wish they took us behind the scenes of the meeting where they decided that selling expansion without instances for 50-70 bucks is acceptable.

I'm waiting for this site to stop just advertising LOTRO and actually objectively evaluate where Turbine has taken this game.  This site has completely ignored the pricing and lack of content for ROR and just tried making an advertiser happy by hyping the expansion.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by Tadzio

I'm waiting for this site to stop just advertising LOTRO and actually objectively evaluate where Turbine has taken this game.  This site has completely ignored the pricing and lack of content for ROR and just tried making an advertiser happy by hyping the expansion.

This site did that with RoI i believe, look how that "expansion" turned out, RoR is even worse.

I dont think much people take this site reviews seriously anymore tbh, they write positive reviews on everything (might be getting some bling from the companies thats why, meh). They do a lot of  "the good, the bad" type of thing to balance out the opinions, but more to the point that they hype bad mmos, such as lotro. 

p.s  not saying lotro is such a bad mmo as a new player (as a 4year player on lotro i think its bad with lack of content and terrible pvp), but the direction it went after moria/lothlorien was beyond terrible, and money grabbing.

edit** oh btw i think this site named RoI expansion the best of 2011, lol.