Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS2 Closed-Beta access

ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122

Just wondering if anyone happen to know, if its confirmed that all PS1 Veterans gets invited without the need of a Closed-beta-key? Even if you dont have any active PS1 sub?

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

yes

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

afaik they do get in, but not in the first wave.

i remember someone saying something about it in an interview, i can not find ANY written proof of this tho (eg no "blue post")

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

All you need to know about Beta you can find in PSU's Beta FAQ.

"I'm seeing a lot of the same panic and assumption from the last time keys were handed out so I'll use the same response. Former PS1 players will be brought in as some of the earliest testers. That means all of them. If you fit in that category you shouldn't be worried about getting a key." by RadarX (Official PS2 Community Manager)

:)

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Just wanted to add that I'm pretty sure you have to have actually purchased the game before a certain date (earlier this year i believe) and payed for at least a month subscription in the past.

They have been kind of flaky on if people that only played in the reserves system would get in, I'm not sure that they will to be honest. 

Also, if you only played with the 45 days free time that everyone got, I'm pretty sure you won't be included.

I'm pretty sure I have seen a dev say that you needed to have purchased the game and paid for a sub at some point to be counted.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

I believe former and active PS1 subs will come after those with priority keys (that is unless one PS1 player has yet to receive one). Priority keys were distributed in others of ways, and to few PS1 notable clans.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by Neherun

I believe former and active PS1 subs will come after those with priority keys (that is unless one PS1 player has yet to receive one). Priority keys were distributed in others of ways, and to few PS1 notable clans.

I suggest you read my post again. :)

The PS1 player doesn't need to achieve any keys, they will(the players) be included in the first CBT's automatically. All of them.

This is something that SOE has been saying since the announcement of PlanetSide2 basically, they would commit suicide if they didn't hold their promise. On top off that, there is no reason they would so. In short, if you're a PS1 player, you're safe. :)

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

i don't get this planet side thingy tho..

pc market is way bigger then the ps2

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Snoepie

i don't get this planet side thingy tho..

pc market is way bigger then the ps2

PS2 = PlanetSide 2

As for priority access I'd suggest that if you're in the UK this months edition of PC Gamer is giving out VIP Access codes for Planetside 2.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• sinni800sinni800 Member Posts: 26

I actually even have the Planetside 1 case still lying around here. So even though I am not an active subscriber for Planetside I'm going to be early since I, at one point, bought the game?

Awesome.

By the way guys, I have found a link on the web and I want to ask about your thoughts about it. 

http://planetside2beta.blogspot.de/

To me it does not seem legit, not even remotely. They seem not to have any keys right now (obviously.) but the site still looks fishy as in that it requires you to do all this Facebook bullshit. I don't have a Facebook account so I'm locked out by default (honestly, people should stop doing that).

Originally posted by sinni800

I actually even have the Planetside 1 case still lying around here. So even though I am not an active subscriber for Planetside I'm going to be early since I, at one point, bought the game?

Awesome.

By the way guys, I have found a link on the web and I want to ask about your thoughts about it. 

http://planetside2beta.blogspot.de/

To me it does not seem legit, not even remotely. They seem not to have any keys right now (obviously.) but the site still looks fishy as in that it requires you to do all this Facebook bullshit. I don't have a Facebook account so I'm locked out by default (honestly, people should stop doing that).

If I had to bet money I'd definately say it's a fake site. If you want a beta key for sure try and get a UK edition of PC Gamer, the US edition already gave out some codes in the May edition but I'm not sure if they're still doing it. Other than that go to planteside2.com and sign up, if you've done that already then it's time to pray!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Ir0nh34dIr0nh34d Member UncommonPosts: 11

I just got an email asking me to confirm my computer specs. I wonder if they are making invitations as we speak?

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Ir0nh34d

I just got an email asking me to confirm my computer specs. I wonder if they are making invitations as we speak?

Got the same email and so did a clanmate.

Wow, I didn't get such an E-Mail... Heh.

Are you two, by any chance, subscribers of PS1?

• Ir0nh34dIr0nh34d Member UncommonPosts: 11

I have in the past. I'm not currently a subscriber. Also I got my PC Gamer key. 

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Sinni, log into your PS2 account and you should be able to do the survey thing even without receving the email.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

It's a good thing I have a PS account dating back to July 2003. Can't wait for my beta!

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Ir0nh34d

I have in the past. I'm not currently a subscriber. Also I got my PC Gamer key. 

Same.

Got the email but when I click share specs it just tells me I've already signed up to the beta and gives me a link to account managment incase I've changed my settings. Anyone get anything different?

CS Lewis

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well i'l keep an eye on the inbox then.. Got my account registerd in Oct -03 and have subscribed on and off since.. not currently subscribed though so it will be intersting to see when i get in.

This have been a good conversation

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532
    Originally posted by Agricola1

Got the email but when I click share specs it just tells me I've already signed up to the beta and gives me a link to account managment incase I've changed my settings. Anyone get anything different?

Same. I signed up to the beta with a key from PC Gamer. I'm worried I'm missing something important by not inputting my machine specs somewhere, but I can't find anywhere to do so.

Will we get an email, I wonder?

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
    Originally posted by holifeet

Same. I signed up to the beta with a key from PC Gamer. I'm worried I'm missing something important by not inputting my machine specs somewhere, but I can't find anywhere to do so.

EDIT: Did you sign up for the beta on the PS2 site before getting the PC Gamer key? I think that may be why we got the mail only to lead to a page telling us we're already signed up.

CS Lewis

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532
    Originally posted by holifeet

EDIT: Did you sign up for the beta on the PS2 site before getting the PC Gamer key? I think that may be why we got the mail only to lead to a page telling us we're already signed up.

Nope, I didn't sign up until I got the key from PCG. At least I don't think I did. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to beta testing applications and I didn't buy PCG knowing there was a PS2 beta key in it. I buy it every month.

I don't know how much difference it'd make if we did sign up first. One or the other is leading us to the already signed up page, and applying previously wouldn't have gotten us in yet, only the PCG key would. The garb in the magazine did say the PCG key is guaranteed access. Perhaps that negates any system specs we might have.

If I don't hear anything different before the weekend I'll contact them, either by mail or through Twitter.

I'll let you know if I hear anything about this.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I signed up for the PS2 beta as soon as it was available to, I got the same e-mail today asking me to share my system specs with them but when I click the link they provide it just tells me that I have already regsitered for the beta, there is no way for me to add my system specs or to add them in any part of my account.

Originally posted by AvatarBlade

Sinni, log into your PS2 account and you should be able to do the survey thing even without receving the email.

Where exactly should I be able to do that? I can't find it.