Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation: Community Q&A -- Give Us Your Questions!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

MMORPG.com is partnering up with the folks behind The Repopulation for a community Q&A. That's right, if you've got a question (or questions!) for the developers just drop 'em in the comments below before Friday, June 15 @ 5PM EDT and we mightt select one of yours for our interview!

Find out more about The Repopulation.

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

When can we play?

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

1.) How large is the Open World (playable landmass). Approx size in Km/Miles? Any comparison to a real world place (Hawaii size, Rhode Island size, Texas size). Is the "world" round or flat. Can I run from one place in one direction and come back around to that same place or are there barriers (mountains/water/invisable wall) preventing futher forward movement?

2.) Since Crafting will be a viable playstyle, will it be possible to be a "neutral" crafter (ie-having no faction affiliation.) in the open world and not be a gank magnet. Could I be an Arms Dealer to whomever has the cash?

3.) Is it possible to play a lone adventurer or "hermit" (solo) type character, having a small shack or something, out hidden away from the chaos. Can I be a Futuristic Mountainman?

4.) Is a "pure" PvE playstyle possible. Not joining any faction or envolving oneself in any player conficts and still being able to explore the entirety of the known world?

5.) Will it be possible to play a Stealth type character. Thief, Assassin, Bounty Hunter. PvE, PvP, Both?

6.) Housing has been mentioned a bit. Can you expand more on that subject. I hear there will be "apartments" as well as houses in Player Cities. Can a lone person "drop" a house in the open world. Will they be Instanced, Phased or Open World. Will houses have a purpose other than just another "bank" or storage. Can you craft in them. Train skills in them. Have a party or event in them. Will they be interactive. Can I sit in a chair, lay in a bed?

7.) I have heard "instancing" will be used. To what extent. Will it be seemless or have loading screens. Will there be "green glowing" barriers to instances you can go in and "red glowing" barriers where you cant?

8.) Im sure many will want to know about this. Can you tell us more about the Silver/Gold/Platinum Memberships and the Cash Shop. Whats in them. How will they work?

9.) Can you expand on the Decay system and the Death system. How will items (armor/weapons/vehicles) decay. If there is item decay, how does Repair work. Is there a "salvage" skill for unneeded, old, or used up items. How will Death work. Is decay tied to death. Are characters re-cloned. Are there "in-the-field" Rez's and/or Heals. Is there any type of "battle damage" or "fatigue". Do players need to rest. Does Food/Water play a part in this.

10.) I know this is a SciFi game, but since its an Alien World is there any type of "ancient, unknown, mystical or magical" element, skill or abilities?

11.)  If I see a "bandit" NPC and he has a cool looking weapon and/or armor. If I kill him does he drop what he is carrying. Basically, are NPC's "Loot what you See"?

12.) Ok, last question. I promise lol. You have mentioned Day/Night cycles. What is the in-game clock synced to. Are Nights dark, do you need a light source. Is there Weather. Does it affect gameplay.  Are there Seasons?

13.) 1 more I swear. Will there be any type of in-game Voice chat. Local player communication. Private, Party or Guild/City/Nation chat. Or is a 3rd party App (Ventrilo/TeamSpeak) the only option for this?

thats all I can think of for now.

may edit later, hehe

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• Dimas3333Dimas3333 Member UncommonPosts: 36

Are there plans or already implemented player bounties like in SWG? i found that sort of playstyle to be the most unique and enjoyable in almost any MMO. (Sorry to beat the SWG horse)

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by PyrateLV
    [snip]

Great questions, PyrateLV! Thanks!

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Not really a question I think would be suitable based on a pre alpha teaser, but I am wondering (or hoping) if they intend to add hit animations during combat.  There looked to be very little weight or connection between two characters during combat.  I'm hoping (or wondering) that they have plans to improve on this in later builds.

Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by PyrateLV
    [snip]

Great questions, PyrateLV! Thanks!

Thanks, but dont [snip] me yet. I aint done dropping questions.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

what will the pet system be like?

will it be similar to SWG? (all pets have diff stats)

or vanilla wow?(pet stats differ per species with a few rares thrown in)

or current wow? (all pets function the same, just different skins)

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Can you list all the features you plan to have implemented at launch?

Also can we get a rough date for beta testing?

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

When will we see more videos of actual footage?  And don't tell us "soon". :p

edit: more serious question:  What kind of server setup/system is The Repopulation going to use?

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

edit: more serious question:  What kind of server setup/system is The Repopulation going to use?

• joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by observer

Could you elaborate more on that one.  

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

Gee another Point-N-Click MMO...Because thoes havent been done to death  a decade ago.

It..Burns..

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Is this game going to be P2P, B2P, F2P or Freemium?

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by guy232

Gee another Point-N-Click MMO...Because thoes havent been done to death  a decade ago.

Can i just point out they have standard RPG and an FPS style of gameplay with FPS controls seperate from RPG,if u did some research instead of posting something you seem to know nothing about it seems.

p>
  • MouseshadowMouseshadow Member CommonPosts: 3

Will there be individual player housing independent from guild cities?

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276

DO you perfer pickled peppers or pickled chicken feet?

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Science fiction has long been underdeveloped in the MMO genre as most companies seem to think they can create the same old fantasy game but give us lasers to shoot and some LED lights tacked all over our armor.

How do you plan to truly take advantage of the genre and not create another de facto fantasy game with a sci-fi skin draped over the top?

• carvine1carvine1 Member Posts: 1

Since this is based on a sci-fi, will it be possible that players are able to move around nearby planteary mass, suchas a natural satalite or will it only be based on the one planet?

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by darker70

Can i just point out they have standard RPG and an FPS style of gameplay with FPS controls seperate from RPG,if u did some research instead of posting something you seem to know nothing about it seems.

You can point it out, but it wont be valid.   Slapping a viewpoint does NOT make a Pont and click MMO and less so.  Just have a different camera angle.   Hell you may as well have numbers  flying  from the top of thier heads showing damage becauce I can tell  TTK is atrociously long. 

It..Burns..

Originally posted by darker70

You can point it out, but it wont be valid.   Slapping a viewpoint does NOT make a Pont and click MMO and less so.  Just have a different camera angle.   Hell you may as well have numbers  flying  from the top of thier heads showing damage becauce I can tell  TTK is atrociously long. 

The RPG and FPS styles he is talking about arent views, but combat modes. TAB or Free Reticle.

Name 1 MMO (or game for that matter) that isnt point-n-click? Every game, you point at something and you click on something

Are you here to ask a question about the game (The topic of the OP btw) or are you just here to make snide comments about a game and features you dont like?

I thought of a couple of others

There has been alot of talk lately about how "lifeless" the worlds are in MMOs. Most recent example is SWTOR. NPCs are either cardboard cutouts that just stand there (quest givers and vendors) or automatons that wander aimlessly around with no purpose. What are you doing in TR to make the game world more immersive, dynamic and alive?

What are your plans to combat exploiters, cheaters and hackers. As well as Gold/Credit Farmers/Sellers?

This discussion has been closed.