Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So you just bought the best set of gear in the game on the RMAH...

dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Now what do you do?  There's nothing left to look forward to.  Do you continue doing inferno runs to boost your self esteem?  Do you throw away a $60 game because you just bought "victory"? 

We now live in Bizarro World.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
-- Herman Melville

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by dave6660

Now what do you do?  There's nothing left to look forward to.  Do you continue doing inferno runs to boost your self esteem?  Do you throw away a $60 game because you just bought "victory"? 

You farm and sell your own stuff for profit?

Edit:  Better idea...you quit your job, move to Belise, get a laptop/wfi and make a living selling stuff on AH while playing on a beach sipping a margarita.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Lol, good reply! :D

Anyway, buying the best gear in the game makes no sense ;)

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

You smash everyone in PvP when they release it.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by colddog04

Make D3 full loot and then maybe that would interesting.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

Edit:  Better idea...you quit your job, move to Belise, get a laptop/wfi and make a living selling stuff on AH while playing on a beach sipping a margarita.

And as a side job you can work in a sweat shop sneaker factory.

-- Herman Melville

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

How much would that cost you at this point?

Five bucks?

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• jdreamjdream Member UncommonPosts: 80

there will be better drops everyday

best today not tomorrow

thats why it make ppl addict to find more and more better gears

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Lol, yes this would be possible when they would delete the internet from china. 

If you have some brain and want to earn money that way, you better play onlinepoker instead of diablo,

• Of cause you need the best gear from RMAH when you play hardcore.

Even more when there is coming Hardcore PvP

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Haha yeah...that'll work.

Let's look at the economic forces at work here shall we?

Forces of supply:

1.  Legions of normal D3 players that think they can make money by selling goods ont he AH.

2.  Professional gold/item farmers who want to make money on the AH, have a significantly lower cost of living, and work like dogs.

3.  The fact that items NEVER decay, and are ALWAYS resellable once you buy them.

Forces of demand:

1.  Players that are too lazy to get their own gear or farm gold so they pay to win.

Now...what force do you think will win out here?  You know what?  I'm betting supply.  And this means prices for D3 items are going one way fast...down.

So if you buy gear for $60, it's likely to be worth much less in a few weeks.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034
    Originally posted by colddog04

Make D3 full loot and then maybe that would interesting.

Actually thats how D2 worked, i remember very well running as a low level in duel games in D2 so i wouldn't be able to be killed o whatever it was, its kind of old now, like 10 years ago, anyway, i was with a friend back then waiting for the whole crap dropping on the floor then would run in, grab as much as possible, and change game :D I don't know if they ever changed this later.

hey i just edit to add now i recall one of the dualist actually give me a bunch of free gear once, he was like hey dude, take this, i was like "you are so kind sir", ha the good old days :p

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Five bucks?

You completely missed the point.

What is left to do in the game once you have all the best gear and beat inferno?  The exciting part about a game like D3 is the item drops.

-- Herman Melville

Originally posted by Creslin321

Haha yeah...that'll work.

Let's look at the economic forces at work here shall we?

Forces of supply:

1.  Legions of normal D3 players that think they can make money by selling goods ont he AH.

2.  Professional gold/item farmers who want to make money on the AH, have a significantly lower cost of living, and work like dogs.

3.  The fact that items NEVER decay, and are ALWAYS resellable once you buy them.

Forces of demand:

1.  Players that are too lazy to get their own gear or farm gold so they pay to win.

Now...what force do you think will win out here?  You know what?  I'm betting supply.  And this means prices for D3 items are going one way fast...down.

So if you buy gear for $60, it's likely to be worth much less in a few weeks.

Hopefully he wasn't serious.  You are correct though, there is no real money to be made (except by Blizzard).

-- Herman Melville

Originally posted by Battlekruse

Of cause you need the best gear from RMAH when you play hardcore.

You're going to buy stuff on the RMAH for a hardcore character?  Blizzard is going love you.

-- Herman Melville

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

You must never have been to belize, its horrible now. Crime rate is insane, people will literally tear your house apart to sell the peices. Murder, rape, robbery rates are all up over 400% this year alone.

Granted you can still get 25 cent long necks, and spiny lobster for $1 each, but is your life worth it?

• steelrain666steelrain666 Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by Battlekruse

Of cause you need the best gear from RMAH when you play hardcore.

You're going to buy stuff on the RMAH for a hardcore character?  Blizzard is going love you.

Um, hardcore doesn't have RMAH

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

You drop this game and play (offline) old skool Torchlight II when it comes it out?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Five bucks?

What is left to do in the game once you have all the best gear and beat inferno?  The exciting part about a game like D3 is the item drops.

Ya, I'm going to have to agree with you here. I recently used a hero editor on one of my D2 chars to finish a set that I couldn't get to drop. Once I had the whole set, I was like "well, now what?".

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Shut up, stop complaining and bow to your capitalist overlords.

You will spend your money and you will be thankful for it.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281

That's a good question however there are 2 problems with that.

1. As one poster said there are better drops every day. I'm sure there will be "drops" that you farm and "drops" that are being seeded in the game. There will be no best I don't think.

2. Different builds. I assume when the person is comfortable enough they will farm gold, and other items to flesh out their build even more. For example right now for me I'm working on a magic find and gold build, but to be honest that does not work at all for me in inferno. To that end I'm also working on a resistance, armor build...I play a WD btw. I'm sure there are stats for both of those in one piece of armor but honestly i have like 30,000 gold to my name.

What I think I will do is farm Hell for a couple runs from beginning to end in magic/gold find and then with that work on buying my Inferno gear...with no absolutely no buying of stuff from the AH. I'll struggle and prod until I get to where I want to go...eventually. Either that or Torch LIght 2 will come out and then I'll put this on the back burner for a different time.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

There's no such thing as best gear. Today it may be the best item you get on AH, tomorrow there may as well be 5 better ones.

So basicaly you buy good gear and than farm top gear for whatever purposes:

fun of hack and slash + selling and making profit, be it gold or rl money + future pvp

• alexminoalexmino Member Posts: 132

Farm to make money by selling shit for a dollar.

Or level other toons.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Five bucks?

Oh, you thought I was taking your post seriously. I can do that I suppose.

/puts on serious face

That is what works for me in H&S. However, if they want to get there through other means then good for them. There are a lot of things people spend money on in these games that boggle me. Whatever floats their boat though. It is their money and their vision of how they value entertainment.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Shut up, stop complaining and bow to your capitalist overlords.

You will spend your money and you will be thankful for it.

I'm not really complaining that the system exists.  Blizzard knows there's suckers out there who will pay for imaginary armor so they take advantage of it.  I wish I came up with it first :)

The way I see it the whole concept of a RMAH is just a tax on stupid.

-- Herman Melville

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

whats going to be funny is when blizzard decides to either A raise the level cap or B release tiered gear just like wow and all those suckers that spent a lot of money on gear will have absolutely nothing to show for it and have to either farm the new stuff or buy it once again.