Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Status of PvP?

ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931

Just checking to see what PvP is like these days.  I was part of the PvP revamp exodus when the development team decided to negate and/or curtail powers in the PvP zones.  Despite 300 pages of feedback, most of the unwanted/unhelpful changes were implemented.

PvP zones became completely empty, and those of us who really enjoyed that either quit--simply because what we enjoyed was no longer available--or all attempted to move to one server.  The other servers pretty much died, and not just in PvP.

It's been a while since this happened, so I'm wondering:

Are powers still either greyed out or significantly reduced in PvP zones?

Are the zones still empty, or have people been coming back?

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

Bad news. No only is it still pvp 2.0, but it's now pay-to-win pvp 2.0, so the pvp went from bad to worse. If you want superhero pvp, DCUO is the only real choice on the market, and I say that as a huge fan of CoH.

I feel sorry for the f2p players who try to pvp in Recluse's Victory. Going up against IOs and Incarnate powers on SOs can't be much fun.

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931

Hmm. PvP 2.0 with a pay to win business model.  Sounds grim.  Right now my MMO hobby consists exclusively of beta testing.  I think I'll just stick with that for now :).  Thanks for the info.

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Haven't PvP'ed since before the great nerfings.  Now, the only reason I go in the zones is to log off for day job badges.

This is a shame, because I used to love PvPing in this game back in 2005 and 2006.  Were there balance issues back then?  Sure, but any character and build could do something; the disparity wasn't as bad.

These days, whole archetypes--let alone whole power choices--are totally useless in PvP.

In my opinion, they need to make the PvP game replicate the PvE game as closely as possible, so that people know exactly what they can do and what they can't.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE