Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real money ah = successful

Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

It just got released, and all my friends are buying items for real cash to prepare inferno mode,

one of them bought a crossbow for $75 real cash wtf. For this stupid lame ass game holy hell.

Another friend bought a chest piece for $50. brilliant blizzard well played well played.

it boggles my mind why woudl you buy items for tons of cash.

Comments

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by Bobbie203

It just got released, and all my friends are buying items for real cash to prepare inferno mode,

one of them bought a crossbow for $75 real cash wtf. For this stupid lame ass game holy hell.

Another friend bought a chest piece for $50. brilliant blizzard well played well played.

Welcome to the club LOL

But yeah your friends are not very smart LOL ( I was thinking more on the line of " Idiots " but you get the drift ) remember , don't loan them any money ! LOL

but those prices are fairly cheap? Considering some of the prices I've seen were in the range of 100-350,400 bucks.

• Raven322Raven322 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Your friends are complete morons.

Jus sayin.

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

I don't know how you define the "success" in this case. For me the only thing the ah so far has been successful with is showing that there are quite some lazy fools with too much money playing online games. That's nothing various f2p games haven't managed to show many times with their cash shops over the past years already though.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Tell your friends I've got some prime Oceanside Land in Arizona and a really cute, quaint bridge in Brooklyn to sell them.  I'll be in contact.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

"Tinfoil cap on"

Are they really your friends or are they really working for Blizz to promote sales on RMAH? 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by jdlamson75

Tell your friends I've got some prime Oceanside Land in Arizona and a really cute, quaint bridge in Brooklyn to sell them.  I'll be in contact.

LOL I hope your giving a " Discount " haha considering that NA dept is insane, you won't get top dollar for your property or your bridge , but look on the bright side, you can trade both your property and your bridge to gear up one only ONE of your characters in diablo 3 , two and your pushing it hahaha

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

They can do what ever they like if they can afford it.

Personally, What did they buy? some pixels? and if the servers were shut down?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• escarretaescarreta Member Posts: 99

Sorry your friends have mental problems....

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158

Well the nice thing about this age is that everyone have the privilege of  being stupid with their money, some just abuse that privilege.

Other than that imo anyone that spends such amounts of cash on pixels deserves what's coming to them. Seriously they spent money on something that will be replaced in less than a week.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

I would not mind using the RMAH for items costing a few dollers here and there but I'll not purchase an item for say over $10 no matter what it is.  I would rather just pick it up from the Gold AH or find it myself.  Spending that kind of cash on a virtual item, especially one that you may soon outgrow is insane.  Think of it this way, if your not maxed out and not looking for the best possible item of a certain item class then in a week that same item you bought today will be much cheaper as the market gets flooded with more and more items of like type stats.  Give the game some time and enjoy it when prices come down.

Ratero.

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

you had no idea im speeechless, their reason was so they can get throug inferno mode easier.

But yea i have not browsed this real money auction house. It loosk liek blizzard hooked people into real moeny auction house.

$75 for a crossbow GTFO out of here seriously.

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

I don't understamnd it but it's nothing new either. People have been buying stuff for years. Blizzard just made it safer.

Blizzard didn't just make it safer, they developed their game around it.

Even the devs admit that the loot drops are modified due to the AH and you are EXPECTED to use the AH, gold or cash, to advance. This means that a Pure Character (one that plays solo and obtains everything themselves) will have an incredibly harder time than in the previous Diablo games.

This wouldn't be that much of a problem, except since real money >>> virtual money the Gold AH is now almost devoid of good items and the ones that are there are incredibly inflated due to people buying gold with cash.

• TirinasTirinas Member Posts: 117

Such a waste of money imo

Even more so if you find something better 5 minutes or so after buying stuff like that.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

You should check out Team Fortress 2..

Some unusual hats sell for 5000 euro's. Unusual hat prices start at 20 Euro's..

People are idiots.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

I don't understamnd it but it's nothing new either. People have been buying stuff for years. Blizzard just made it safer.

RMAH is only a day old but will see how this plays out

SOE had LiveGamer services for years, where players could safely sell their characters, gear, and gold to other players on certain servers -- it was later phased out (Dec 2011)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by fundayz

Even the devs admit that the loot drops are modified due to the AH and you are EXPECTED to use the AH, gold or cash, to advance.

Blizzard never said that

Blizzard (Jay Wilson)

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/06/06/jay-wilson-and-other-diablo-3-developers-answer-almost-everyth/

The auction house has absolutely no effect on drop rates. There are conspiracy theories and misunderstandings but I do want to re-iterate, the is NO interaction whatsoever.

Bashiok mentioned earlier that we took the AH into account, so let me expand a little bit on that.
    The drop rates were tuned for a player who would never use the Auction House. For the majority of internal development we didn't have an Auction House, we all played using our own drops only. I've personally leveled multiple characters from 1 to 60 internally before the game came out using only drops that I found - we all did.

When we say we "took the AH into account" that means it's one of many factors. ie. some players will choose to play without trading, some players would play in a group of 4 where they share drops among each other, and some (as it turns out, many) players would use the AH.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

No one with a 60 that they leveled themselves without being carried in some way has avoided the AH, it just never happened. 

Even nightmare is ridiculously hard near the end without gear that you would NEVER find while playing.

I have a 60, 3 4X chars, and a couple lowbies.   

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the AH, even the RMAH, but it's not a voluntary thing any more than being online to play.  And I'm right now getting pretty ticked at the retarded prices for high level gear that once again, you'd NEVER find on your own.  How these items are even being found in the first place baffles me.  You'd have to be in act 3 inferno, killing crazy hard elites constantly, yet tons are up there.  And all of them costing 10-100 times more money than I have on my character. 

I assume most people got geared before nerfs and it's serving them well now, and others bought gold from gold sellers to get outfitted.  Now if you don't want to spend a fortune in real money, you instead will be spending a fortune's worth of time either getting gold or possibly getting lucky for any good piece of gear.  It's WoW all over again lol.  At least I don't pay a monthly fee for this.

I hope that they've improved matchmaking, and maybe after 1.03 I will be able to have fun with my 60 again doing multiplayer (which right now hardly anyone does in hell or inferno).  And if the price of gold or items crash, then maybe I won't feel like I have to get a second job to progress.

• zyklonianzyklonian Member UncommonPosts: 51

if people stop using it then bliz will drop it but thats not going to happen

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Nitth

They can do what ever they like if they can afford it.

Personally, What did they buy? some pixels? and if the servers were shut down?

Hmm .. i hate to break it to you ...

Virtual good trading is nothing new. F2P MMOs do it. P2P MMOs do it (sparky pony, anyone?).

So what if someone buys some 1s & 0s. Your bank account is 1s & 0s too unless you use all CASH.

Value is in the mind of the users. To me, the Mona Lisa is just paper and paint, and worth may be $10. To some other, it is a must-have and they are willing to pay millions.

Whether the item exists in the physical world, or cyber space makes NO difference. Supply & demand are supply & demand.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by zyklonian

Stop using it??

The only reason why Blizz made it is because people are doing RM trade in D2 when the game does not even support it. RM trade is every where whether the dev supports it or not.

In fact, the success of RMAH in D3 will prompt more games to have it.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

It's called preying on peoples addictions and lack of judgement.   This sort of behavior goes beyond just simple gaming,  lots of people carry debt,  large amounts of debt because of their uncontrollable spending habits.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Gold sellers buying gear and reselling them at a higher price. 

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by zyklonian

Why would people stop using it? Diablo 2 had a massive market for buying and selling items for real money, it just wasn't controlled by blizzard. What makes you think that all those diablo 2 players will stop trading items in this way just because blizzard now take a cut?

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124

What a BUY TO WIN game this is, it's rediculous.

Yes the real money AH has items way better than what you would ever get dropped.

Yes they cost loads of money and still people buy them.

Yes I believe Blizzard seeds the AH and sells generated OP items pretending like being gamers on the AH for real money.

Now, explain me. How is this any different than a game with micro transactions and a die-hard pay 2 win model? Really?

If GW2 would bring one weapon into it's Gem Store with moderate stats to it (not even the best) there would be riots everywhere.

Diablo 3 sickens me, people paying that money are idiots and they will be addicted to that game just because of all the money they will have sunk into it.

Inferno with bought gear could get as easy as normal mode with own collected gear. Seriously, they buy because they are unskilled. I don't see the point of that. I almost feel sorry for the people who do it on their own. Reminds me of how pointless any sence of "achievement" is in any game really, especially games like this.