Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Auction House Deployed in Latest Patch

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Diablo III patch has been deployed which most notably brings the real money auction house online. At the current time, the auction house is only available on the Americas servers with the EU auction house to be added at a later date.

To access the real-money auction house, click on the "Auction House" button on the left-hand side of the campaign screen, and then on the button showing your region's currency in the upper right-hand corner of the auction house interface. This will switch you between the gold- and real-money auction houses. Latin American players will have access to trade using the United States dollar, Australia dollar and Mexican peso.

Read the full blog post on the Diablo III site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

seen at comments at that link

Aumáan
    People are high if they think someone is going to spend more than 20 bucks on something. Good luck with your 200.00 auctions that will never sell.

Nakyo
                      @Aumá;an: i heared people allraidy spend those amounts lol, cant confirm myself just reading in chats

Selinaria
                       @Aumá;an: Sadly enough my buddy just sold his bow for 250$ =X

scubasteve

@Nakyo: there's a guy doing a live stream of the real money auction house, people are buying the 250$ items and such. some people just have more money than time to farm the gold. who knows tho

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

I realize it's only a select few who have the expendable income to buy virtual goods in a video game that are willing to pay $200+ per item but it certainly makes comments like "In these frugal times" seem absurd.

Yes, I know that comment hasn't been used in this thread, nevertheless it's a common statement used in many others regarding P2P vs F2P models and the cost of games in general.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Nadia
    seen at comments at that link

AumáanPeople are high if they think someone is going to spend more than 20 bucks on something. Good luck with your 200.00 auctions that will never sell.    Nakyo                  @Aumáan: i heared people allraidy spend those amounts lol, cant confirm myself just reading in chats    Selinaria                   @Aumáan: Sadly enough my buddy just sold his bow for 250$ =X                             scubasteve                   @Nakyo: there's a guy doing a live stream of the real money auction house, people are buying the 250$ items and such. some people just have more money than time to farm the gold. who knows tho

This just makes me wish I had bought the game and spent the time to farm those items. It would have almost been worth the time to sell one of them, but if I sold two or three, it would definitely have been worth it.

** edit **
    @miguksaram - there are six and a half million people playing the game and they're all playing the same auction house. It wouldn't matter how bad the economy was, there would still be a few rich people who were also lazy in there. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• lenyboblenybob Member Posts: 62

why would latins have austrailian dollars?

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133

A fool and his money are soon parted

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Crazy lol. People in this day and Age are crazy. Would you leave a grand(Dollars let's say) in exchange for Azurawrath?

Only foolish and crazy people would imo.

You are looking it from the wrong point of view. Everything is relative. I have a few friends who are filthy rich. One of them spent 15,000 pounds on a phone with diamonds and gold plating even though that phone looked ridiculously ugly and had only two features -  making phone calls and sending texts.

For these people 200  pounds is like 1 pound for us. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I am more worried about more accounts getting hacked, or having to declare that I play D3 to the government. I wonder how long it will be before crash-strapped governments start asking questions about online game activities.

I find the whole idea really unnerving to be honest.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• BlueCameoBlueCameo Member Posts: 93

I have just under 6 figures in my savings account...but hell's gonna freeze over before I'd give a penny of it to some teenage gamer somewhere or worse, an asian.

However, I do have a few auctions up myself. :)

"Good, honorable gamers will continue to fit the bill for the poor and lower classed people. It's just a sign of the times." ~ Anonymous. Lakexeno.com

Originally posted by lenybob

why would latins have austrailian dollars?

Because once you hack someone's account you can use their default payment system once they have one established since there's no way to un-default the payment (or acceptance) system.

Your selling or buying account only lists 1 way to buy/sell (one financial account) so it pulls from and gives to that account.

"Good, honorable gamers will continue to fit the bill for the poor and lower classed people. It's just a sign of the times." ~ Anonymous. Lakexeno.com

• atharielathariel Member Posts: 91

Well, the floodgates are open. GW2 let's you buy gold for real money too, so the effect will be most likely similar.

I wonder if Blizzard will manipulate ingame settings to maximize profits - for example, reduce the drop rate for players who spend a lot of money, just to stealthily pressure them into spending even more - "damn, it was hard to get these items before, now it's like they've stopped at all, f*** it I'll buy more".

Originally posted by athariel

Well, the floodgates are open. GW2 let's you buy gold for real money too, so the effect will be most likely similar.

I wonder if Blizzard will manipulate ingame settings to maximize profits - for example, reduce the drop rate for players who spend a lot of money, just to stealthily pressure them into spending even more - "damn, it was hard to get these items before, now it's like they've stopped at all, f*** it I'll buy more".

They already have. Item drops in game are approx 5+ levels less then your own. (Beginning around Nightmare difficulty.)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by BlueCameo

They already have. Item drops in game are approx 5+ levels less then your own. (Beginning around Nightmare difficulty.)

Yeah, even with a character in nightmare act 1 or act 2, the majority of drops are in the high twenties level wise when your character is in the high thirties.  The chances of getting excellent gear via drops for your character once you hit nightmare are slim and none.  They have a huge itemization issue and I get the impression they like it that way.

The problem with Diablo III is that the gear is even more revalent than in previous versions.  Without good gear you die a lot.  For those who like to play solo without using the AH, nightmare and hell are truly that and you can forget inferno.

What this boils down to, is that the game is not near as much fun to play as it's predecessors.  Seems like Blizzard has gone several steps backward with their quest to extract more funds from you.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

LOL!!!!

Oversaturation, already!

I'm sorry but as an employed adult I would rather sell a good item on the AH for 1.5 million than for 2 dollars on the real cash AH.

Time is money and I would need to play through all of act 1 inferno one to two times  (about 8-10 hours of gameplay) to make 1.5 million gold. 

8-10 hours of work for 2 bucks is terrible. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by BlueCameo

Yeah, even with a character in nightmare act 1 or act 2, the majority of drops are in the high twenties level wise when your character is in the high thirties.  The chances of getting excellent gear via drops for your character once you hit nightmare are slim and none.  They have a huge itemization issue and I get the impression they like it that way.

The problem with Diablo III is that the gear is even more revalent than in previous versions.  Without good gear you die a lot.  For those who like to play solo without using the AH, nightmare and hell are truly that and you can forget inferno.

What this boils down to, is that the game is not near as much fun to play as it's predecessors.  Seems like Blizzard has gone several steps backward with their quest to extract more funds from you.

RIght now item drops are 4-6 levels too low in certain areas and one or two tiers to low in inferno (You get tier 11 & twelve loot in act 1 inferno, stuff that would be good for a 55-60 player in act 2-3 hell mode.

This is not hard to fix. With the game only being released for a month Blizzard has time to adjust things.

We need to remember Diablo 2 was pretty screwed up until the expansion released years later.

The drops need to be set like this.

Normal level 1-30 loot

Nightmare 30-45 loot

Hell Act 1& 2 45- 55 loot

Hell act 3 55-59 loot

Hell Act 4 Tier 12 level 60 loot.

Inferno Act 1 Tier 13

Inferno Act 2 Tier 14

Inferno Act 3 Tier 15

Inferno Act 4 Tier 16+

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Well done blizz.. google search for the highest paid virtual item, and you will clearly see there is a crazy market out there for this..

Think the record is $635,000 in Entropia Universe.. Some may find it crazy, but the mere fact most things in that game can be rented or sold for real money, the person who bought it for that much more than likely will make there cash back, by renting vending machines, good farm spot, pay to enter the clubs, etc etc...

all that being said blizz just wants a piece more of the virtual items market..

if anything this now, splits the AH because now more than likely person will post what they think is the best item in the RMAH, and stuff on the other side will be meh..