Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Executioner, Ninja & Gunslinger Decks Revealed

Comments

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

The way the "focus" resource works means there is always a point in having at the very least one "consumer" ability from a secondary weapon type / magic school since most basic "builder" skills build resources for both equipped weapons.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Decks take boat loads of AP to create. I doubt very much if anyone will be getting a deck started and completed this weekend. It takes 38 AP to complete an inner ring of a given weapon (to unlock the outer) and decks require 1 and frequently  2 full outer rings branches for 1 weapon of the two required for a Deck. Each outer branch is 169AP per. Then you move to the 2nd weapon and start allocating points there.

Takes a good bit of effort.

Deck's are there for goodies as well as to show how the  synergies work between weapons that would at first glance not make a lot of sense. You really have to read the descriptions and do a bit of mix and match to get it right.

• BlueCameoBlueCameo Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Funcom has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring our readers a first look at three of the decks that players will be able to utilize when playing The Secret World. Decks guide players to setting up optimal characters and have the added clothing bonus as well. We've go the Ninja, Executioner and Gunslingers for your viewing pleasure so keep reading!

The Executioner embodies the power of the guided missile. He uses both Fist Weapons and Chaos Magic to do high amounts of damage and is able move quickly about the battlefield. He can capture and Impair opponents with crafty spells and well placed strikes, stunning and rendering them helpless, before letting loose flurries of powerful Burst attacks which hit over and over again.

Read more of our exclusive look at The Secret World: Executioner, Ninja & Gunslinger Decks Revealed.

So, no offense to anyone...but I had a different idea for the mix of "Asian/Chaos/Executioner."  This seems to be an executioner ala "boogey man on the street corner with a pocket knife."

Where's the "twisted" part of it or the "dark" or ...ANYTHING.

*starts praying to Cthulu.*

In a half hour, I personally could make about 20 character classes and that's just affixing weapons to "moods" or "lifestyles."

It really can't be that hard....

"Good, honorable gamers will continue to fit the bill for the poor and lower classed people. It's just a sign of the times." ~ Anonymous. Lakexeno.com

• Ren128Ren128 Member UncommonPosts: 73

I startered off in Beta with Rifle and Elemental Magic, but then rolled another toon with swords (swords has both offensive and defensive skills) and blood magic for healing. Hmm, sounds a lot like a Blood Death Knight in that other game.  Found it much easier to solo harder mobs sooner with that build. 

BTW, anyone else noticed that some skills in Blood Tree will use your health if you don't have enough combo points to use them?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's a perfect fit for illuminati then.
    Originally posted by Ren128

I startered off in Beta with Rifle and Elemental Magic, but then rolled another toon with swords (swords has both offensive and defensive skills) and blood magic for healing. Hmm, sounds a lot like a Blood Death Knight in that other game.  Found it much easier to solo harder mobs sooner with that build. 

BTW, anyone else noticed that some skills in Blood Tree will use your health if you don't have enough combo points to use them?

Yea it caught me off guard. I was like god dang how are these sea creatures killing me off so easily and readily and the game's just started...took me a straight hour of hitting every cooldown for me to realize what I had been doing wrong. 

LOL. :)

"Good, honorable gamers will continue to fit the bill for the poor and lower classed people. It's just a sign of the times." ~ Anonymous. Lakexeno.com

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

yeah it mentions that in the tooltips.

• cooper85cooper85 Member Posts: 386
    Originally posted by Mexorilla

omg it takes time to learn how to make a proper blood build let alone play one. You will kill yourself.

Originally posted by cooper85

omg it takes time to learn how to make a proper blood build let alone play one. You will kill yourself.

[FistBump]

• cooper85cooper85 Member Posts: 386
    Originally posted by BlueCameo

[FistBump]

TSW is not worried about you feeling overwhelmed haha, You will and you are supposed to. ;)

Originally posted by BlueCameo

[FistBump]

TSW is not worried about you feeling overwhelmed haha, You will and you are supposed to. ;)

Yea but on the flipside, TSW isn't really worried about anything other then the current quest you are on. :)

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

I made a deck called "Debbie Downer". Its a debuff stacker that basically turns you into a toddler. Then I just run away laughing as you feebly crawl around waiting to get 1 shotted by a hammer deck.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• TheSedatedTheSedated Member Posts: 82

The passives Twist the Knife, Incision and Sudden Return look like a very nice addition to my Shotgun/Blood Magic build from the first two BWE's. Can't wait to see what else the outer wheel offers.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by DannyGlover

I made a deck called "Debbie Downer". Its a debuff stacker that basically turns you into a toddler. Then I just run away laughing as you feebly crawl around waiting to get 1 shotted by a hammer deck.

I NEED to play the ultimate debuffer!  I am your Mel Gibson (errr...) you need to share the Debbie with us all!

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

if i was a ninja i would be a good ninja

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Its very different from any other mmo.

• BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75

Sigh, if only the combat didn't play just like every other MMO. Synergy is overrated. If they made it worthwhile any kind of custom builds would be poor. Catch-22

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

I'm still not sure of the build I'll end up with as I havent looked really closely at all the actives and passives..  My nickname in the real world is Ninja and I am Dragon so I'm looking at that Ninja deck and wondering how I could add some personal flavour.

See all you Illum and temp bums on the batllefield !!!!

• ShariestShariest Member Posts: 44

Yeah! Im gonna miss the launch fuzz, becuase im pre-ordering this on its last minutes :D

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

I might give it a try this weekend. Are there claymores ( 2h handed swords just for the clarity sake ) in the game ? I don't want my "Cursesader" to run around with a katana. Katanas are for girls and men with small penises.

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205

Don't worry guys I'll heal you with my fist/blood combo.  So you continue to fight without worry of dying.  Unless you're a dragon or Illuminati... then worry.

• badgerAlumbadgerAlum Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Psychow

I'm pretty sure that unless they unlock the higher tiers of skills during the beta weekend, you won't be able to try the decks out.

Yeah, the decks do require the advanced tier of skills.  They've already said this will be unlocked in this upcoming BWE, which is likely why they've released this info - we're gonna see it Friday anyway.

• NakaweNakawe Member UncommonPosts: 14

I am liking these decks,  the depth of this game far surpasses anything out there right now.  Is it perfect, hect no.  BUT, it is fun as hell.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by riptip

So trying this game in this beta weekend. I've read so much about TSW and I can't believe that people are actually likning the game. Maybe FC finally learned from their past mistakes. I'm a huge AoC fan and I think I'll be a huge TSW fan too. :D:D:D

Hope you like it, I do love a lot of the things that TSW is trying to do but last betas there were a lot of people voicing disappointment, mostly about the quest system (they just don't understand it), the quests themselves (you have to use your brain a lot) and the classless system. Combat took a lot of flack, I actually quite liked it (though can be improved a lot). Play the beta extensively and make up your own mind but try to give the game the time it needs to 'connect'

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by gilgamesh42

if i was a ninja i would be a good ninja

I'm a better one, look!.......Ahhhhhh? Right? you can't even see me. I'm freaking invisible!  :)