Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real cash AH hit Diablo 3 today...

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

*clicks Cash AH icon*

sees $250 1h weapons...

*Clicks Gold AH icon*

*Goes back to farming*

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Loot drops fixed yet so the game is playable. Until that time I sure am not playing it any longer.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

A sad day for gaming.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Loot drops fixed yet so the game is playable. Until that time I sure am not playing it any longer.

Seems the same to me. 

Oh and just a FYI all the good weapons in the gold AH are gone now. 

Either Blizzard deleted them when they banned the exploiters or the Cash AH killed the Gold AH.

Either way im sticking with hardcore characters, farming my own items from now on.

Whats the correct term? playing a Pure character? yeah im doing that.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

If this game, in its current state, has people playing it 1 month from now, i will start to think that gamers not only are compulsive people but also bad consumers.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

The game is a gear-grind treadmill chasing ever-rarer improvements.  How do you define "fixed"?

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394

Nobody's going to sell a worthwhile item for pretend game money, when they could sell it for real money. This concept is not only a game killer, but a potential genre killer.

I wanted to add that I think this whole thing is hilariously absurd. The game has not even a fraction of the addictiveness or entertainment value of the first one, let alone the second. I could see this real money stuff working for the second one, but Diablo 3 simply isn't fun or replayable enough to warrant spending money on items. The whole loot system is "broken" (aka unrewarding and not enjoyable).

Originally posted by maplestone

The game is a gear-grind treadmill chasing ever-rarer improvements.  How do you define "fixed"?

They could start by not having gear 6+ levels lower than you character dropping in inferno when you are desperatly farming for level 60 upgrades.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I wonder how long it will take to see:

Platinum Blizzard Visa Credit Cards

Get your card today and buy anything you want right now!!!

APR 30%

$100 Annual Fee

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400
    Originally posted by Fearum

APR 30%

$100 Annual Fee

Hahahaha precious m8, precious image

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by Z3R01

They could start by not having gear 6+ levels lower than you character dropping in inferno when you are desperatly farming for level 60 upgrades.

Isn't that just anyother way of saying "they shouldn't have grey/white drops"?

• KedoremosKedoremos Member UncommonPosts: 432

APR 30%

$100 Annual Fee

it already exists.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/services/rewards-visa/

Life of an MMORPG "addict"
    For 7 years, proving that if you quote "fuck" you won't get banned.

I guess... All I know is that it sucks when you're trying to farm for a upgrade just to progress and all you see are level 54 items. Items that were worthless to you in Act 2 hell mode.

Wouldnt it make sense for level 60 items to drop in inferno? considering its a level 60 "endgame" difficulty. 

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I'm just waiting for stories of hacking regarding the RMAH- there will certainly be some kind of scandal before the end of the year. On top of that, it's been easy for Blizzard to reimburse hacked accounts as the items and such were easily replaced but what happens when players that have sold things on the RMAH and have real money credited on their Bnet accounts get hacked?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by kedoremos

APR 30%

$100 Annual Fee

it already exists.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/services/rewards-visa/

Too funny!

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

This is so awful for gaming... yet so awesome for internet drama.

So kinda like a tree hugging hippy that doesn't recycle... I am selling off all my twink items and mats and I hope to at least recover the money I spent on the game... and maybe guild wars 2. Then I shall bid adieu to Diablo 3.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Finally, I can give my Korean sweat shop something to do!

*cracks whip* 

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by dave6660

A sad day for gaming.

QFT

Also the end of me, purchasing or paying monthly subs for Blizzard games for my kids and I.

I dont support companies that I feel are bad news.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

Oh and just a FYI all the good weapons in the gold AH are gone now. 

This is the biggest problem I see. Good drops will only be traded for real money. So in order to get the really good items you are going to be forced to sell items for real money and buy items with that real money. Both which Blizz gets a percentage of. Probably great for Blizzards pockets but indeed a sad day for gamers and gaming in general.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    And the drama on this site starts....
  • Not_KhaerosNot_Khaeros Member Posts: 31

After I heard the RMAH finally go up, I went to this site FIRST to check for any drama brewing.

Not disappointed at all.  Thanks!

• Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452

I find the entire game apalling. Never bought D3 or played it myself.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Great .. may be i will make a few bucks playing a game. The game is already fun. Getting a few bucks playing the market is gravy.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

I guess... All I know is that it sucks when you're trying to farm for a upgrade just to progress and all you see are level 54 items. Items that were worthless to you in Act 2 hell mode.

Wouldnt it make sense for level 60 items to drop in inferno? considering its a level 60 "endgame" difficulty. 

It's getting fixed, somewhat, in patch 1.03. up to level 63 gear will drop in act 1 inferno. Just not a lot of it. People have finished inferno in level 54 gear. Admittedly they're much better players than I am but it can be done.

Ultimately, since all the good items will be staying around (no soul bound, no item destruction unless you turn it into craft material), and since there is an upper limit of the number of potential players, supply will outstrip demand, and good items will be cheap.

I don't see a problem though. Just deck out in good gear .. go finish Inferno .. and then move on.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

This game is just a huge bullseye for all the hackers out there. It's going to be extremely messy and ugly. I didn't think the black hole of anguish and despair (a.k.a. Blizzard forums) could have gotten worse but watch out. These coming months will be amusing to that little devil inside me that really dislikes their whole business model with this game.