Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 : Things I don't like.

Comments

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    1. No sitting in chairs.
    2. Some buffs and debuffs are a tad bit too short
    3. The waves that come in during a DE should be adjusted to come in faster and in more directions if a ton of people are there.  ( If 20-30 people are there I want to see 30-50 mobs coming all damn over.  Might make it too hard but I like it tough. :P)
    4. Summon Elite skills health is too low and damage could be upped alittle.  (I've had a boss just 1 shot one of my charr warband members.)
    All I could think of right now.

BOOYAKA!

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

To much damn instancing and zone for PvE.

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

What I didn't like:

-Repairs/Gear damage in World vs. World PvP

-Theif Shadowstep/Stealth when downed BS

-Guardian lack of long range damage in World PvP

-Guardian Symbol size and static (unable to move) attacks in PvP (would like to see more mobility for this melee focused class, and maybe symbols that acted more like Auras that followed the player, or at least were much larger).

-Some weapon skill synergies are lacking incredibly (at least on guardian), would like to see more synergy built into the skills (or maybe I just need more time playing with them to figure it out)

-Lower level stuff always felt easier when going back ... like way, way easier. Probably need to be scaled down more for many areas. When scaling down, it is probably best to be at a lower level than the mobs.

Biggest thing I don't like:

-Lack of more play time, more content (higher level) and the game not being released yet ;)

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Redemp
    Originally posted by botrytis

I zoomed out so far my toon looked like an ant - it goes far depending on the environment.

You can see when a skill is used by a mob or foe - so it is not a big deal. I guess I got used to doing that in GW1, when I played a mesmer or ranger, for interrupts. You must want a flag - here is the skill I am using!!! - now that WOULD be silly.

I don't think you are correctly translating what Cooldog was asking for.

@ Cooldog -- Did you see the ability to hit T to assist a main target? I'm not sure how it works but I had a mate who knew and was calling targets for us with it. A chat message popped up stating " X is on X target, press T to assist him "

This thread is just going to be a little bit rough for those that see the game as being perfect.

Besides that, I do know that you can call out primary targets through... ctrl-t? But really I was more talking about an actual unit frame where you can target someone (friend or foe) and see who they are targeting at a glance.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by cyress8
    1. No sitting in chairs.
    3. The waves that come in during a DE should be adjusted to come in faster and in more directions if a ton of people are there.  ( If 20-30 people are there I want to see 30-50 mobs coming all damn over.  Might make it too hard but I like it tough. :P)
    4. Summon Elite skills health is too low and damage could be upped alittle.  (I've had a boss just 1 shot one of my charr warband members.)

My main dislike about the game lol.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Original Post has been updated -- I will go back and edit the whole thing up if we get more of a constructive list.

I.E -- Profession based subsections, etc.

• Epierce41Epierce41 Member Posts: 23

Have to disagree about siege weapon damage.  I think high damage is appropriate considering what you're being hit with.  Dodging is integral to combat in GW2.  Keep your eyes on the red circles and do your best to stay out of them.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by botrytis

I zoomed out so far my toon looked like an ant - it goes far depending on the environment.

You can see when a skill is used by a mob or foe - so it is not a big deal. I guess I got used to doing that in GW1, when I played a mesmer or ranger, for interrupts. You must want a flag - here is the skill I am using!!! - now that WOULD be silly.

That contradicts all the people who have complained on the official forums about this.  You cannot zoom out that far.  You are being dishonest.   I'm pretty sure A-net will adjust it next time.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    1. No sitting in chairs.

Haha.  This was a major complaint about swtor too.  I'll be surprised if A-net makes the same mistake.  They don't even have a /dance emote ffs. 

• Release date please.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Originally posted by observer
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    1. No sitting in chairs.

Haha.  This was a major complaint about swtor too.  I'll be surprised if A-net makes the same mistake.  They don't even have a /dance emote ffs. 

They will have the dance emotes, just not implemented yet.

GW1 is famous for the dance emotes and synch parties.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by WhySoShort
    • Dominance of Seige weaponry in WvW - Way to much damage.

That I noticed.

WvW is all about siege weapon, this will not change since siege weapon is suppose to be the "key" on WvW

what i didnt like i put always on official forum. here is just waste of time because no one cares about it really, but the main thing i dont like is the camera view (hopefully they will change since exist lot and lot of people complain about that)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    • Target of Target

I totally agree with this one.  I found it annoying not to know which player the mob was going after, it makes it feel even more zerg-like.  In a game where getting some distance between yourself and the mob is very important, it'd be nice to know if they're after you.

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    • Target of Target

I totally agree with this one.  I found it annoying not to know which player the mob was going after, it makes it feel even more zerg-like.  In a game where getting some distance between yourself and the mob is very important, it'd be nice to know if they're after you.

If you were with a Thief you would know who the mob was after :P, I swear I was like a insta aggro magnet if I even sneezed as a Thief.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

I'm going to keep it simple and to the point :

• Alpha Builds - It's beta, works still being done,  everyone is comparing themselves to Alpha Builds and it must be corrected prior to true balance passes.
    • Broken Skills - It's beta and broken skills are to be exspected, I mean skills that simply serve no purpose such as : Search and Rescue , Mine Kit , Thumper Turret , Racial utility abilites which have been acknowledged by Developers to be weak. Etc
    • Lack of a ranged weapon for Guardians in WvW - *Updated : Developers stated this will be fixed.
    • No cost for useing Seige weapons in WvW -- I can fire an arrow cart, catapult, trebuchet an unlimited amount of times? This needs to be fixed to require supply.
    • Necromancers Death Shroud mechanic -- It's an invunerability, and smart necromancers are absurdly difficult to kill.
    • Warriors over buffed health to damage ratio.
    • The lack of a low level dungeon, I want to experience a dungeon prior to level 30.
    • Lack of UI customization.
    • Character Slot limits
    • Fishing - We wants it.
    • Target of Target
    • Mail to Self
    • Character Trading
    • Keybinds to be reflected on the hotbar.
    • Add more to the WvW Dungeon.
    • WvW Raid size groups.
    • High Resolution Textures
    • Emotes - More  fluff in general.
    • Chairs -- Let us sit in them.
    • Some Elite skills which summon NPC's need to have their Health pools adjusted.
    • Repair Cost in WvW.
    • Further adjustments on lower level difficulty.
    •  
    Did you find any negatives the past two weekends you feel need to be addressed? Post them up, lets keep things civil and get a list compiled.

I'm not going to list the things I like about the game, that would be way to long of a list. Suffice it to say I want to see if there can be actual discussion on negatives on these forums, to put to bed the absurd assertion that no one can say anything negative about the game here.

* LIST UPDATED *
    • Alpha builds- huh? Not sure what you mean here. The games obviously way past an alpha stage.
    • Some skills are subpar or even broken...don't ask to see the Mesmer list, it's hilarious. These things happen, I trust Anet to work on them simply because I've seen them fix other things with a pretty good response time.
    • As you mention, Gs have a ranged weapon now in sceptre. I don't like it much personally, but ti's whatever.
    • Which seige are you complaining about? I know Arrow cart spam is amazingly annoying. The other weapons seem fine, although Trebs work better on players than I think they should.
    • Seige weapons requiring supply to fire? Interesting idea. Personally, I'd just be happy with a better set of cooldowns on arrow carts.
    • Death shroud is NOT an invuln. What it does is basically gives you a second life bar. Keep in mind it's fed by things dying near the necro so..you know..try not to die. Also, it drains down on its own quite quickly. Lock down the Necro so he can't get use out of it.
    • I love how many people think warriors are gimped, and how many think they're OP. My only worry with warriors would be how strong some of the F1 skills are at 3 bars.
    • There will be lower level dungeons in game I think. Not sure. All the same 30 does not take long to achieve at all.
    • UI customziation is something the devs have responded about. They want to give us more flexibility, but it will probably never be 100% changeable. Nor will we be able to have add-ons like WoW. Anet states that if teh playerbase are all using a certain addon, what they SHOULD be doing is getting that function added in game. I agree with them.
    • Char slot limits aren't going anywhere. Cost you about 5 bucks in teh shop though, or the equivalanet amount of gems in the auction house if you want to pay a little gold.
    • There was a like 60-page long thread begging for fishing in BWE1. I know Anet saw it and responded that they'd think about it.
    • ToT is really more useful in a game where targeted heals or actual tanking (assist off the tank) is a thing. But I guess this could help groups focus on a single target better.
    • No need to mail to yourself. The bank is shared among all toons. Guessing 50 people already told you that.
    • Trading items between characters? Mail. Although passing items for money...well you can't do that I guess. I can see a need for it if you don't wanna deal with the AH.
    • Keybinds on the hotbar- awesome idea.
    • I didn't get to see the WvW dungeon, no opinion here.
    • Not sure there's a need for raid groups...I also think that's what Squads is for.
    • HR textures will hopefully be in release. I think the game is fine without them, unless I'm standing there LOOKING for jaggies.
    • Emotes (and chairs!) would be nice.
    • I have had no experience with elite NPC summon skills. I cannot comment.
    • Repair costs are fine in wvw...rewards need to be higher though. Anet is aware and working on it.
    • Some items are overtuned I agree, and submitting feedback seems to work on getting them fixed.

Alpha Builds -- As in the best builds, builds that make the normal builds feel weak in comparison.

Examples include : Warrior GS + Axe/Shield , Mesmer Illusionary Duelists + Berserker , Necromancers Invuln + Condition stacker , Ranger Greatsword build in BWE1.

Builds that I feel are unintended, which will be balanced out but that I feel make most ( not all ) of the feedback for class balance skewed.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

I'm going to keep it simple and to the point :

• Alpha Builds - It's beta, works still being done,  everyone is comparing themselves to Alpha Builds and it must be corrected prior to true balance passes.
    • Broken Skills - It's beta and broken skills are to be exspected, I mean skills that simply serve no purpose such as : Search and Rescue , Mine Kit , Thumper Turret , Racial utility abilites which have been acknowledged by Developers to be weak. Etc
    • Lack of a ranged weapon for Guardians in WvW - *Updated : Developers stated this will be fixed.
    • No cost for useing Seige weapons in WvW -- I can fire an arrow cart, catapult, trebuchet an unlimited amount of times? This needs to be fixed to require supply.
    • Necromancers Death Shroud mechanic -- It's an invunerability, and smart necromancers are absurdly difficult to kill.
    • Warriors over buffed health to damage ratio.
    • The lack of a low level dungeon, I want to experience a dungeon prior to level 30.
    • Lack of UI customization.
    • Character Slot limits
    • Fishing - We wants it.
    • Target of Target
    • Mail to Self
    • Character Trading
    • Keybinds to be reflected on the hotbar.
    • Add more to the WvW Dungeon.
    • WvW Raid size groups.
    • High Resolution Textures
    • Emotes - More  fluff in general.
    • Chairs -- Let us sit in them.
    • Some Elite skills which summon NPC's need to have their Health pools adjusted.
    • Repair Cost in WvW.
    • Further adjustments on lower level difficulty.
    •  
    Did you find any negatives the past two weekends you feel need to be addressed? Post them up, lets keep things civil and get a list compiled.

I'm not going to list the things I like about the game, that would be way to long of a list. Suffice it to say I want to see if there can be actual discussion on negatives on these forums, to put to bed the absurd assertion that no one can say anything negative about the game here.

* LIST UPDATED *

thought this was gonna be a troll post but I agree with the highlighted remarks

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

I'm sure they'll be adding more emotes, but the more the better.  Yes, sitting in chairs would be great.

I wish they had left sidekicking upwards in.  I dont' like feeling like I'm holding my friends back because I'm slower than them.

The game is a little too easy to me.  I've consistently played a few levels ahead, and I still end up rating most dynamic events at 1 difficulty.  Then again, most MMOs are like that.  Story dungeon wasn't bad, I'm hoping explorable dungeons and elite events later on in the game totally kick my ass so hard I'm bleeding out my eyes though.  :)  I understand they need to let as many people as possible be able to play, but I just don't want them making it even EASIER, and I want SOME content (besides PvP, since there will always be lots of humans better than me) where it's genuinely difficult.

They need to improve some of the UI tooltips.  For example, it'd be nice if they'd point out that elite skills cost 10 points.  It'd suck if somebody got to level 30 and had 9 skill points.  Talk about frustrating!  Luckily I had 24 skill points because I was saving up.  Think how sad I would have been if they were 25 skill points though.  The game just doesn't say though!  I hovered over them, clicked on them, played around, but couldn't find any way to tell their cost until I was level 30.

They really need to explain how that collectible thing works.  I constantly have to explain it to people who are super surprised.  It's an amazing feature, and super useful, and a good way to store PvP armor, but before I knew that, I deleted some of my PvP armor because it was the wrong class.

Oh well. :T  They just need general UI tooltips so people can take advantage of some of the really nice features built in.

Originally posted by graggok

thought this was gonna be a troll post but I agree with the highlighted remarks

Lot of them going around, I don't believe in trolling though ... ask the mods I've been mod'd enough for raging against it.

Everyone seems to think my Richard Simmons is a troll avatar, I just like him and its an inside joke.

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

There are definately some valid points, and probably alot of them that I haven't noticed but the siege weapons need to have some improvements for sure.  A supply cost would be great, especially if you had to bring it to the unit itself not just subtracted from the supply stores. It could be a very small amount, but I think it would be an improvement.

Another thing I would like to see is an AFK mode. I found myself stuck away from my PC for longer than I was expecting and apparantly parked my toon in an unsafe area.  Any other game would leave me with a dead toon at my return, but with all the good samaritans offering rez, I instead returned to a naked toon. 

And they need to allow you to log out of a character, without logging out of the game.

Note: I sure like seeing a thread that brings up the problems in GW2 without being a "I played in all 7 BWE's and the game sucks" type thread.

Originally posted by Terrorizor

Another thing I would like to see is an AFK mode. I found myself stuck away from my PC for longer than I was expecting and apparantly parked my toon in an unsafe area.  Any other game would leave me with a dead toon at my return, but with all the good samaritans offering rez, I instead returned to a naked toon. 

HAHAHAHAHA.  That same thing happened to me!  I even THOUGHT I was in a safe area.  I'm like 'This is a really major town!'

... which the centaurs translated as 'You mean a big fat target!'

I was logged off for about 10 hours, and I came back and found I had died and been rezzed exactly 9 times.

Why 9 times?

I still had my shoes on.

Maybe have it so if you're afk for a certain amount of time (An hour?  Guess you could change the settings), rez no longer brings you up until you click a button that's marked something like 'Oh yeah, i guess I WOULD like to be alive'.

• CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

WHy the Hell would anyone complain about not being able to sit in chairs??????? WTF If anything it was more of a pissoff all the inactive people ingame while trying to compete in W v W !!! Not only that but the way WvW servers are balanced makes no sence. Why would all the people playing PvE be counted towards the amount of people playing in PvP? Should they be completely seperate... Also for the people playing WvW there needs to be an inactivity auto boot back to PvE id seen some characters sitting in WvW in the middle of the city inactive for over an hour

Originally posted by Caponestyle

WHy the Hell would anyone complain about not being able to sit in chairs??????? WTF If anything it was more of a pissoff all the inactive people ingame while trying to compete in W v W !!! Not only that but the way WvW servers are balanced makes no sence. Why would all the people playing PvE be counted towards the amount of people playing in PvP? Should they be completely seperate... Also for the people playing WvW there needs to be an inactivity auto boot back to PvE id seen some characters sitting in WvW in the middle of the city inactive for over an hour

Roleplayers.  I know, we're a weird sort.  Though I'd be fine if there were no chairs in WvW.  No rest for the warriors!

I never had problems queuing for WvW, though if I had, I'm sure I would have brought that up.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Meowhead
    Originally posted by Caponestyle

Roleplayers.  I know, we're a weird sort.  Though I'd be fine if there were no chairs in WvW.  No rest for the warriors!

I never had problems queuing for WvW, though if I had, I'm sure I would have brought that up.

Why do you consider that group to be weird and by implication being more weird than whatever group Caponestyle belongs to? 

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Why do you consider that group to be weird and by implication being more weird than whatever group Caponestyle belongs to? 

Because I'm an RPer, and I spent two hours just flat out RPing in Divinity's Reach the first BWE.

That's pretty weird.

I was trying to convince charr that while they may have some mild advantages in the technological sciences, that human's pastry making and lace making science was far advanced, so really we had a lock on all the important things.  ... and that explained my near-pathological hatred of centaurs, the fact their hijinks kept disturbing the pastry-distribution channels.

Some things are more IMPORTANT than burning villages.