Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goonswarm: Hulkageddon Will Go On Indefinitely

Comments

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by Nevulus

officially started as a reason to hunt bots, it has now turned into one massive grief parade.

Funny thing, it ends up having little impact on the economy (not as much as originally it had intended) and hurts more the casual player miner than the bots it was suppose to hurt the most.

Those guys running multi-bots with 3-6 accounts have WAY more than enough isk to afford losing a couple of ships. Some even have enough isk to buy protection, and they DO. Whereas the newb miner or economy warrior ends up losing his ships and has to struggle to ever fully recover.

Time to hike up prices on mining vessels.

Not only that but I had a friend that wrote his own mining program and even made it to where he could remotely access it from his phone, which is easier now. The program he wrote basically did everything and even warped out when needed. So not sure  a botter really cares too much.

I was parting with him at my brothers and he says to me guess what i'm doing right now :)

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by freejackmack
    Originally posted by Nevulus

officially started as a reason to hunt bots, it has now turned into one massive grief parade.

Funny thing, it ends up having little impact on the economy (not as much as originally it had intended) and hurts more the casual player miner than the bots it was suppose to hurt the most.

Those guys running multi-bots with 3-6 accounts have WAY more than enough isk to afford losing a couple of ships. Some even have enough isk to buy protection, and they DO. Whereas the newb miner or economy warrior ends up losing his ships and has to struggle to ever fully recover.

Time to hike up prices on mining vessels.

Not only that but I had a friend that wrote his own mining program and even made it to where he could remotely access it from his phone, which is easier now. The program he wrote basically did everything and even warped out when needed. So not sure  a botter really cares too much.

I was parting with him at my brothers and he says to me guess what i'm doing right now :)

Composing an angsty ragequit post because CCP Sreegs caught up with his little jinkety-ass home-made mining bot, banned his accounts and confiscated all the assets?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by theJexster

The miners need to organize then fund various means to either weaken, bring down, or pay off the goons.

This works and is relatively cheap too. I know some people you can contact ingame to get on the safelist.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Maybe it's time to start the anti-Hulkageddon...

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Irus

What's that? You wanna fly around remote repping every Hulk that you can find?

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774
    Originally posted by FastSloth

What's that? You wanna fly around remote repping every Hulk that you can find?

You know, that's an interesting idea...

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950

What happened to Hellicity? Why are goons making Hulkageddon payouts? I'm all for it, just wondering wth is going on.

Originally posted by Irus

So do it then. Impotent forum fantasies never achieved anything.

Originally posted by sketocafe

What happened to Hellicity? Why are goons making Hulkageddon payouts? I'm all for it, just wondering wth is going on.

Hulkageddon V lasted 1 month and was organised by Helicity, with Goonswarm as one of the major sponsors. After HAG V ended, Goons decided to continue indefinitely sponsoring Exhumer (and now Covetor) kills at a rate sufficient to pay for destroyers. They're calling this "Hulkageddon Infinity".

Incidentally a friend of mine who used to be a miner started suicide ganking recently. He tells me that even after almost 2 months of Hulkageddon, with over 5000 mining ships destroyed, he encounters far more untanked Hulks than tanked. Some people are slow to learn, I guess.

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Malcanis

Incidentally a friend of mine who used to be a miner started suicide ganking recently. 

Cannibal.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Teala

It was announced today, by the Mittani, CEO of Goonswarm, former CSM chairman, that Hulkageddon will not end for the forciable future and that payouts to those that destroy mining barges, exhumers, orcas, etc, etc, will continue to be payed out to those pilots that get 10 kills.    To read more...go to the link provided below for offical announcement.

Goonswarm Federation: Sponsoring Emergent Gameplay!  <<< clicky

Supporting this type of gameplay is pathetic pure and simple. These types of gamers are nothing but online terrorists and bullys, nothing to be proud of in the least. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    Originally posted by Teala

It was announced today, by the Mittani, CEO of Goonswarm, former CSM chairman, that Hulkageddon will not end for the forciable future and that payouts to those that destroy mining barges, exhumers, orcas, etc, etc, will continue to be payed out to those pilots that get 10 kills.    To read more...go to the link provided below for offical announcement.

Goonswarm Federation: Sponsoring Emergent Gameplay!  <<< clicky

Supporting this type of gameplay is pathetic pure and simple. These types of gamers are nothing but online terrorists and bullys, nothing to be proud of in the least. 

Nonsense, this is EVE at its finest, where players are free to excercise their will upon others, be it for good or evil.

There is no other title quite like it on the market, hence its loyal following.

There are other games for you, go play them. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Malcanis

Some people are slow to learn, I guess.

How many mining lasers and expanded cargoholds you put on your pew-pew ship? Just out of curiosity...

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Played in a production corp where most of the members already quited, me included.

Its not that i cry becuase i get ganked, its a joke my 350 mil isk ship is blown up by a 1 mill isk ship.

Risk versus reward should be balanced out.

Back to WoT and WoW for the time being :P

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Played in a production corp where most of the members already quited, me included.

Its not that i cry becuase i get ganked, its a joke my 350 mil isk ship is blown up by a 1 mill isk ship.

APOC mining, safe and effective, even if not terribly efficient.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I think he wants to have the cake and eat it too.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Comparing APOC to Hulk? You are either trying to be funny or ignorant...

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

Has the thought occured to you that the Hulk is worth 350m but that it isn't a combat ship and that you're the one who's doing something wrong by assuming that you can mine without protection or safety measures?

If you want to be safe from ganking I suggest a 5mil Caracal. Or another 1mil destroyer.

But Q.Qing for "balance" is of course much easier than putting some thought into your actions. You want your Hulk to be able to pwn 350 destroyers at minimum, right?

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    Originally posted by SlaverHound

What happens when you have too many wolves and not enough sheep?

The people playing Jumpgate know.

Welcome to the sandbox.

You can thank the guys who ran to the forums and demanded that CCP step in and prevent people from doing this.  They only motivated an escellation. 

And believe it or not, it actually has an effect beyond just creating "moar tearz".

I wonder we would keep this up.  Not like it's driving the cost of any of my ships in hi-sec.

Oh wait, it is!  You have to keep in mind, pretty much every time a hulk is destroyed, at least one other ship is as well, that's two ships that need to be replaced almost every time a hulk goes down. 

While I don't pvp, because not all goons pvp, I do hope this goes on for some time. 

This is due to Goonswarm increaseing the value of their own mining ops, and because they can, not because they are responding to people complaining about it.

Originally posted by FastSloth

...isn't a combat ship and that you're the one who's doing something wrong by assuming that you can mine without protection or safety measures?

Well, that is what non-combat ship means - having no protection. As for high-sec ganks, there are no safety measures you can take.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Well with the release of the updated stats to the Mining Barges and Exhumers, there will be a very hefty tank on at least one version of them.

Also, mining in a battleship is far better than mining in a Hulk because it means you can fly a battleship :P

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Despite the anger I hate about being ganked, I do think its slightly more realistic. Now you have to mine with security/protection. It makes sense because even though theres police in the city, you can still be mugged/shot by someone.

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Well with the release of the updated stats to the Mining Barges and Exhumers, there will be a very hefty tank on at least one version of them.

Yeah, I have read the news about changes to mining ships. It is an interesting approach to the issue.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Yeah, I have read the news about changes to mining ships. It is an interesting approach to the issue.

Yeah, seems like one hull for tanking, one hull for storing tons of ore (no need to jetcan mine, prevents can flipping) and one with low hp low cargo high mining for fleet operations.

However, people are probably going to just do the dumb thing and solo jetcan mine with the high mining one, and continue to get ganked and cry about it.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Wycliffe
    Originally posted by theJexster

The miners need to organize then fund various means to either weaken, bring down, or pay off the goons.

This works and is relatively cheap too. I know some people you can contact ingame to get on the safelist.

Whatever you do, do not trust a goon. Do not give them money, do not talk to them, do not try to negotiate. They entertain themselves by hurting others, and thats a totally valid in game way of life. Until the entire server rises up to destroy them, nothing will change. Just join them or avoid them.