Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The BWE2, what class did you like best POLL

13»

Comments

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367
    Really impress by the even distribution of the pool numbers. 300 people in the poll is not bad.
  • ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

The first BWE I tried them all but the elementalist, none of them stuck with me at all. The second BWE I decided to go back and try a few of them out again, but with different playstyles. And I finally found my match, a ranger. But dont get confused here, I played the first BWE on the ranger for 15 levels and it was like pulling teeth boring as all get out with ranged and pet play style.

So to change it up in this BWE I gave her a two handed sword on one set and a single handed sword with a horn on the other set. You talk about fast moving, tons of fun, especially if you can get really good at swapping weapon sets with the cooldowns in combat. Flying into combat from a distance, tossing out AoE swings from the big sword when needed, dodging all around your apponent when single, in and out of range to them, attack/recharge speed boosts, confusion like you can't imagine to your opponent in WvW.

If you haven't found a class you like, do yourself a favor and go back to them. Pick something different on the weapon sets, try each out to see what they do, you might just find a combo you love.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

I wanted to like the engineer, but I couldn't this beta. They felt so gimp with their toolkits and turrets. It felt like I should have played around less with the things that made them feel like an engineer and just used the gun skills and elixirs.

But I did like the warrior a lot. The warrior will probably be my main.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Was most interested in Engineer and Guardian, but after this beta my list changed drastically.  I am hoping to get a good amount of time to test out Warrior and Elementalist next but right now I like Necromancer most by a lot.  Mesmer is second.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    Originally posted by Zuvielify
    Originally posted by Tayah

Usually, with a new mmo, I find a class that is just for me. So far, with GW2, I haven't found that class. I'm having a hard time really liking any of the classes, which is disappointing. So far I've played everything to 10-15 between the two betas except the guardian. I suppose of the ones I've played so far, the mesmer would be my choice because it seems to be a real busy class. Finding it really hard to get excited about a class. image I'm not one of those alt-aholics so finding just one class is very important to me.

I entirely agree with you. This game would be great if they could figure out their classes. For now, every class I have played felt like they hadn't quite figured out how to utilize their own system properly. It's a little disapointing. 

or you havent figured out how to use their system properly. just sayin. only the mesmer and engie are a little disorganized because theyre so complex and recent. that being said, acquiring some skill and experience with any of the classes is time consuming, but each has a very nice flow and synergy between abilities actually.it took me about 60 hours of playing just to begin to understand my guardian and the combos he can dish out. the depth to the combat system is incredible. i do nothing but PVP in my games (FPS, SC2, MOBA's, few MMO's), and GW2 is taking pvp to a different realm. it will take a while for people to notice though.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Tayah

Usually, with a new mmo, I find a class that is just for me. So far, with GW2, I haven't found that class. I'm having a hard time really liking any of the classes, which is disappointing. So far I've played everything to 10-15 between the two betas except the guardian. I suppose of the ones I've played so far, the mesmer would be my choice because it seems to be a real busy class. Finding it really hard to get excited about a class. image I'm not one of those alt-aholics so finding just one class is very important to me.

I feel similar sentiments.  I've tried the Necromancer, the Engineer, the Guardian, and the Ranger so far.

I really liked my Necro in GW1, so I was expecting the same kind of "oomph" in GW2, or maybe something even better, but it just wasn't there.

If there's one that stood out from the rest for me in the BWE, it would probably be Ranger, followed very closely by Guardian.  Guardian with a Greatsword seemed kind of "bad ass", but other than that it was a bit lackluster.  Ranger with a Longbow felt the most effective, but the other weapon combinations it has at its disposal weren't all that great, IMO.

I wanted to like the Engineer, and if I was a "Healer" role for an established group I probably would like it a lot, dropping bandages and potions and all that, but trying to get into it felt weak.  It could use a few tweaks definitely.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by hundejahre

Originally posted by waynejr2
    With some work the Guardian could be really good.  I understand it was much better in BWE1.

Made it to 11 as a thief but think it's kind of average.

Necro didn't seem necroie enough but I only played it a little.

In BWE1 and the stress test I got a guardian to 18.

In BWE2 I made a new guardian and got him to 24ish.

I didn't notice a difference other than the change in spending skill points that affected everyone.

good to know.  people say things it forums, I wasn't in bwe1 so I can't compare.  It might be my go to class.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326

I spent all weekend making characters and practicing on the class NPCs in the Mists. Really enjoyed Mesmer, but had a hard time finding a build I liked that wasn't a phantasm build. But a Rifle Warrior was also a strong contender. The moment I pressed the Shout "For Great Justice" and he actually shouted those same words, I was hooked (I was totally expecting some random grunt). So its a hard decision for me between Warrior and Mesmer atm. Next BWE I'd like to give Guardian one more go before I write him off as a main.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

With some work the Guardian could be really good.  I understand it was much better in BWE1.

I didn't notice a difference other than the change in spending skill points that affected everyone.

good to know.  people say things it forums, I wasn't in bwe1 so I can't compare.  It might be my go to class.

Not very many people have issues with skill points. A lot of people dislike the new tiered trait system.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by heartless

Not very many people have issues with skill points. A lot of people dislike the new tiered trait system.

That class had the utility feel to it.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Originally posted by Kaisen_Dexx

I spent all weekend making characters and practicing on the class NPCs in the Mists. Really enjoyed Mesmer, but had a hard time finding a build I liked that wasn't a phantasm build. But a Rifle Warrior was also a strong contender. The moment I pressed the Shout "For Great Justice" and he actually shouted those same words, I was hooked (I was totally expecting some random grunt). So its a hard decision for me between Warrior and Mesmer atm. Next BWE I'd like to give Guardian one more go before I write him off as a main.

Never even looked at Warrior, now I extra double really know I have to next chance I get, haha.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by Kaisen_Dexx

Don't forget you can also shout "Shake it off!" and "I will avenge you!" I was a shout, shield, and warhorn warrior in WvW and had a good time.

• KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293

Mesmer. They still need a lot of work but they are really fun!

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

necroooooo

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

for me the thief up untill now for the melee classes and de ranger for the ranged ones.

Altough the mesmer is something i really have not figured out just yet......but i think it might also be an interesting class.

Those will prolly be the 3 classes i will play when it hits release.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Elementalist is my favorite so far, with Necro a close second.

I loved Warrior, but wasn't so sure about Guardian. Actually, I may go Warrior as my second, rather than Necro. We'll see.

I prefered Thief over Ranger, better fit for my playstyle, but at some point I want a Ranger to collect pets!

I didn't care for Mesmer. Played on to level 20 in BWE2, before shelving it and leveling my level 20 Ele up to level 28. The profession needs work, IMO, and I hated the lack of weapon sets and the shatter mechanic.

I didn't get to try Engineer, because a friend had that one covered in BWE1. He liked it the most of the professions he tried. I'll try to give it a go in a future event.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Elementalist.

I didn't like the weapon switching of other classes and usually felt like I wasn't given enough things to work with, or was forced to go a certain path with a weapon.

The 4 stances and therefore effectively 20+5 buttons of the elementalist for each of the weapons worked way better for me.

Still need to try mesmer and engineer.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!