Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Longevity

I wonder about the longevity of the game. I like the fact that it takes you a lengthy amount of time to siege a castle, but in the long run with zerg guilds tend to spoil this type of sandbox play. It usually doesn’t boil down to strategy, but which side has the most no matter the mechanic side of things.

Comments

• GigglebottleGigglebottle Member Posts: 40

Same was said about DF and look at the mess that became.

Like I said it was just a concern I have not saying it won't be impossible to overcome only time will tell.

• ThradokThradok Member Posts: 57

Well, we don't have specific details of course, but there are some mitigating factors which have been brought up. Local banks, no instant travel, massive world (makes DF look puny), and the need for things like food and water. And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, needing food and water can be done in such a way that it isn't annoying. The dev's said a while back they wanted to avoid it being just a chore, iirc the idea of automatically eating and drinking what is in your inventory was brought up. Nothing set in stone, of course.

We might not have all the details, but having to acutally think about the logistics of an extended campaign involving true zerg levels of players should serve as a check. It will still be possible, I'm sure, but will hopefully require thought, planning, and organization to pull off.

• TwentySicksTwentySicks Member Posts: 2

With much of the death system revealed in the new dev video, I think the "zerg" problem will be kept much, much lower.

If you die during the zerging, you will spawn again pretty far away, unless your friends stop and help you. This means guerilla tactics versus a full blown zerg are viable. Putting down as many people as possible, essentially taking them out of the fight, or forcing 1 man more to actually try and fix the incapacitated guy, will play a major role. If you know the people you are figthing, it would make sense to try and get their field medics down right away, forcing the zergers to NOT get put down.

The tactical advantage of being able to force them to help their wounded, combined with the wish to not die will be a game changer in my opinion!

• HolesonronHolesonron Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by TwentySicks

With much of the death system revealed in the new dev video, I think the "zerg" problem will be kept much, much lower.

If you die during the zerging, you will spawn again pretty far away, unless your friends stop and help you. This means guerilla tactics versus a full blown zerg are viable. Putting down as many people as possible, essentially taking them out of the fight, or forcing 1 man more to actually try and fix the incapacitated guy, will play a major role. If you know the people you are figthing, it would make sense to try and get their field medics down right away, forcing the zergers to NOT get put down.

The tactical advantage of being able to force them to help their wounded, combined with the wish to not die will be a game changer in my opinion!

Agreed, it is a very well thought out system.