Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possibility of another BW this month?

HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185

As most of you know, last month there was no beta event.

Do you think its possible there will be another one to make up for it?

Comments

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518
    Originally posted by raven29

nowai jose

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248

I personally hope there are no more events, just a release and head start days.  Really want to start playing for real and develop my personal characters into something.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518
    Originally posted by Arachneus1

I personally hope there are no more events, just a release and head start days.  Really want to start playing for real and develop my personal characters into something.

I see atleast one more AFTER the release date is announce for some last minute ironng

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400

they said their would be another pritty much in the latest reddit Q&A even chances of sylvari and asura testing, but nothing is set in stone, typical arenanet 

• RockhideRockhide Member Posts: 155

Personal guess is that there will be another, but not until July.

Just looking through the suggestions board on the official forum there was a lot of stuff that many players were on board with that I imagine ANet will make sure make their way into the game, and they'll want to make sure they're functioning properly "under use" before launching. Things like:

camera distance, /follow, gear preview/dressing room, return to character selection instead of logging out, ranger pet survivability, player-to-player trade, player tracking on the minimap with options, more UI customization, dueling ... along with rebalancing to respawn rates in certain parts of the map (caves, crypts, and such) and tweaking the down state.

There's also still client optimization to mess around with and server load management to shore up on their end.  Working is not the same thing as "acceptable for a major commercial MMO."

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by raven29

They said the betas would be roughly every month, and so far they actually have been. A "month" is frequently used as a timeframe and not as an indicator to an actual month, specifically to indicate 30 days as, on average, that is how many days make up a month. This most recent BWE was about 38 days from the first BWE, which means they're on the schedule they originally set.

As for when the next one comes, the only thing they've said on the Reddit is that they will indeed have a third and they are planning for it, but they have not said when it will be.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Originally posted by Rockhide

Personal guess is that there will be another, but not until July.

Just looking through the suggestions board on the official forum there was a lot of stuff that many players were on board with that I imagine ANet will make sure make their way into the game, and they'll want to make sure they're functioning properly "under use" before launching. Things like:

camera distance, /follow, gear preview/dressing room, return to character selection instead of logging out, ranger pet survivability, player-to-player trade, player tracking on the minimap with options, more UI customization, dueling ... along with rebalancing to respawn rates in certain parts of the map (caves, crypts, and such) and tweaking the down state.

There's also still client optimization to mess around with and server load management to shore up on their end.  Working is not the same thing as "acceptable for a major commercial MMO."

I like what this guy said.

WTB more camera distance.  Love what they did with modifier keys.  If Anet keeps listening, we'll keep seeing some good changes.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

All sepends on when they aim to release it.

July would still be possible, but also September/Oktober.  If there is a July release, i guess we might have another BWE in the last weeks of JUni, as this was technically the May BWE

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)