Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On sale at Amazon for 19.99

therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

That was a quick price drop....http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Pc/dp/B001CWXAP2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339416525&sr=8-1

Still, not really much interest in it though.

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It's not a quick price drop, people say the same thing about every MMO that releases... year after year after year.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Kabaal

It's not a quick price drop, people say the same thing about every MMO that releases... year after year after year.

Except for WOW

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Its been less than a year, less than 8 months. I could see 29.99, but they haven't even had an expansion yet.

• KickphatKickphat Member Posts: 189
    that is only on Amazon most people still buy games at a store like best buy and walmart and they both still sell the game for 59.99
  • spadge3k00spadge3k00 Member Posts: 56

in all fairness i saw it here in game for £19,99 2day, in the UK..

• jonchicoinejonchicoine Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by Kickphat
    that is only on Amazon most people still buy games at a store like best buy and walmart and they both still sell the game for 59.99

really? ya think? Must be because amazon is so inconvenient eh... =/

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

It will be 6 months from release in like 2 weeks.

In the same time span from launch, games like Skyrim, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption etc have all seen their prices dropped substantially. I think the OP is another "sky is falling" wish, and isnt based in reality.

The only games I have seen that hold their price pretty well are by Bliz, and they got gamers by the short hairs.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

woulda been nice if they added a key system for it or something so you didn't have to wait on it to ship, or made it a digital download from amazon. oh well.....(desperate for something to do while waiting on GW2)

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Originally posted by Moaky07

In the same time span from launch, games like Skyrim, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption etc have all seen their prices dropped substantially. I think the OP is another "sky is falling" wish, and isnt based in reality.

The only games I have seen that hold their price pretty well are by Bliz, and they got gamers by the short hairs.

First, you will be hard-pressed to find just about any comment on TOR from me as I've largely sat on the sideline observing.

Second, the game is less than 6 month's old and the price drop, while not as precipitous as Age of Conan's rush to the clearance bin, is pretty fast particularly with its pedigree.  MMOs have changed over the years, but the prices don't just tumble that fast (except maybe DCUO).

Third, the OP is an observation about a sale and, seemingly validates a lot of the less than positive posting going on here.  You can try to spin it however you want, but it is what it is.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

Its been less than a year, less than 8 months. I could see 29.99, but they haven't even had an expansion yet.

I bought TERA for 24.99 from Amazon, and its been what 2 months?

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Probably not the best example, there.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Probably not the best example, there.

What would be a good example then?  I bought rift for 7.50 through Steam after it had been around for about 6 months.  The only 2 games that I can think of that haven't been deeply discounted within 6-9 months of release were WoW and GW.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by Kickphat

Most huh... you mean most of the people "you" know?

Originally posted by therain93

First, you will be hard-pressed to find just about any comment on TOR from me as I've largely sat on the sideline observing.

Second, the game is less than 6 month's old and the price drop, while not as precipitous as Age of Conan's rush to the clearance bin, is pretty fast particularly with its pedigree.  MMOs have changed over the years, but the prices don't just tumble that fast (except maybe DCUO).

Third, the OP is an observation about a sale and, seemingly validates a lot of the less than positive posting going on here.  You can try to spin it however you want, but it is what it is.

Yeah MMO prices do drop fast these days.

The initial surge of sales helps a company recoup production costs. After a while, they are more looking for the recurring sub.

Gamestop is currently listing 40, and Best Buy is offline atm due to site construction. Couldnt get a price there.

Like I said....much ado about nothing. The most important thing atm IMO is how the mergers are received from those playing. Without stopping the bleeding, it wont matter how many new games are sold, nor how much they cost.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• TrobonTrobon Member Posts: 300

Well since only Skyrim can be shown comparitively, being released around the same time, let's use that. Skyrim launched about a month and a half before TOR and it's price right now? $58 for the PC on Amazon. That's a $2 price drop. That's because its selling well. Your belief that TOR is doing just like "all those other games" is what seems to not be based in reality.

Originally posted by Trobon

Well since only Skyrim can be shown comparitively, being released around the same time, let's use that. Skyrim launched about a month and a half before TOR and it's price right now? $58 for the PC on Amazon. That's a $2 price drop. That's because its selling well. Your belief that TOR is doing just like "all those other games" is what seems to not be based in reality.

Actually I checked that after post....I was thinking Fallout Vegas, and yeah it dropped like 2 months after launch. My bad.

• TrobonTrobon Member Posts: 300
    Originally posted by Trobon

Actually I checked that after post....I was thinking Fallout Vegas, and yeah it dropped like 2 months after launch. My bad.

Again though, you're bringing up games that are far older than TOR so are impossible to verify. On Amazon right now Assassin's Creed: Revalations is at about $30, Battlefield 3 is at $40. Both those came out a month before TOR. Batman: Arkham City is at $30 and is from 2 months before and Gears of War 3 and Dead Island are at $40 and $30 respectively and both came out 2+ Months before TOR.

The problem with this comparison (and your initial one) of course is that these are all single player titles which means it may not compare 100% to a MMO, but for TOR to hit $20 for a box in less than 6 months is not a sign that its continuing to sell well by any means. Now whether its keeping subs is another question and one for another thread, but its not selling a ton of boxes if its at that price.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Just hang on for a bit i'm sure it's building up to a F2P model so save your cashimage

p>
  • CitalkayCitalkay Member Posts: 141

I'm selling my swtor collectors edition account with a lvl 30 on it if anyone's interested ^-^

[email protected]