Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Five Games We Loved at E3 2012

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Truth be told, E3 2012 was a pretty underwhelming show overall, but that doesn’t mean there weren’t some awesome things to see there. Since we can’t possibly list them all in one article, we’ve picked out five things we loved during this year’s E3 for this week’s The List.

End of Nations

Before E3 2012, I hadn’t seen End of Nations since pre-Alpha when I visited Trion Worlds in the Fall of 2010. I was there to see RIFT (which was in Alpha at the time) and End of Nations. RIFT definitely stole the show as End of Nations looked promising, but quite rough. However, at E3 2012, End of Nations was looking much more polished and seemed to draw quite a crowd at Trion’s booth. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get a hands-on with EON at the show, but if any game has a chance at crossing the RTS over to the MMO space, it’s definitely End of Nations.

Read more of Michael Bitton's The List: Five Games We Loved at E3 2012.

Comments

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

That's very good news, because two on this list (Planetside2 and End of Nations) are the only ones I am truly looking forward to as well.  I can't get enough of watching the PS2 videos/live streams.

ESO may be the best thing ever, but unfortunately the MMO trend has all but destroyed the fantasy MMO genre for me by turning them into conveyor belts with swords.

The other two, eh, thanks for pointing them out, I may take a look.

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

You have brickforce but not Trion's Defiance?   are you  on drugs? what the hell

It..Burns..

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

Of all the potential things to comment on from E3, this is your list?  Really?  Did you even walk around and pay attention to what was there?  Talk about missing the mark. 

Brickforce?

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Telondariel

Of all the potential things to comment on from E3, this is your list?  Really?  Did you even walk around and pay attention to what was there?  Talk about missing the mark. 

Brickforce?

Brickforce looks amazing. Get off of it.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Easy now guys its his list.. Guess we can all list our top 5's..

1) last of us
    2) pikmin 3
    3) dishonored
    4) unreal engine 4 (not really a game)
    5) watch dog

There's more, but those come to mind as of now..
  • SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

No Defiance? Dishonored over Defiance? For shame MMORPG.com

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

will stick with rift: storm legion

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310

Nice list. Here's mine:

1. AC3: Liberation

2. AC3

3. Dishonored

4. AC3: Liberation

Ya, that was basically all I paid attention to.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by guy232

You have brickforce but not Trion's Defiance?   are you  on drugs? what the hell

I didn't personally see Trion's Defiance so I didn't want to put it on the list as I couldn't really comment on it. :)

EDIT: Check out our latest MMOFTW for our actual E3 2012 awards. This list is just my personal list of games I saw (and loved) at the show. Feel free to post your own!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

1) The Last of Us

2) Watch Dogs

3) AC3

4) Defiance

5) Dishonored

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

Yeah...You also love, Star Wars the Old Republic.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

for me, its going to be simply PS2, the only thing that i am looking forward to

So What Now?

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

So it looks like a slow year or two for mmo's. Can't blame the industry after the last year or two.

And Tittan's Somewhere Out There...

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Deathofsage

So it looks like a slow year or two for mmo's. Can't blame the industry after the last year or two.

Slow year or two? Hardly! The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, WildStar, PlanetSide 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, Defiance, RIFT expansion, Neverwinter, and Firefall are just some of the games coming out over the next two years!

Honestly, 2008-2010 was the MMO drought. We've got lots of cool stuff coming out over the next couple years and who knows what else may be waiting to surprise us!

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

I'm also very suprised to not see The Last of US on that list.  Game looks like it could be a huge hit.  This is the only single player game I've seen that I'm excited about playing.  Hopefully when it releases it's got an actual game on the disc and not a few hour diversion like Rage turned out to be.  I'm still pissed off that I spend $55 on 15 hours worth of gameplay.

Also, what's up with Star Wars 1313?  Good lord, no idea how it'll play but my god the graphics are insane.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

The game I'm most excited about from the list is Planetside 2. I played the original for years and absolutely loved the fast paced, action packed 3 way fighting. It was fast to get into battle, people worked together, and no matter what level you were, skill trumped all.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

In no particular order:

Defiance

Watch Dogs

Planetside 2

Dishonored

Age of Wushu

The Last of Us

• LodorLodor Member UncommonPosts: 13

End of Nations is just a reskinned shattered galaxy which is a 10 year old mmorts that is still alive and kicking today, but barely im sure.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by MikeB

Slow year or two? Hardly! The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, WildStar, PlanetSide 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, Defiance, RIFT expansion, Neverwinter, and Firefall are just some of the games coming out over the next two years!

Honestly, 2008-2010 was the MMO drought. We've got lots of cool stuff coming out over the next couple years and who knows what else may be waiting to surprise us!

Sorry, I meant aside from the games coming up on release (basically TSW and GW2). Those are practically  released.

I wasn't counting expansions since those are more or less more of the same. (No hate there, more of the same is good when you like what you're playing.)

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Watch Dogs

Tomb Raider

Planetside 2

Dishonored 

Splinter Cell: Black List 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by MikeB

Sorry, I meant aside from the games coming up on release (basically TSW and GW2). Those are practically  released.

I wasn't counting expansions since those are more or less more of the same. (No hate there, more of the same is good when you like what you're playing.)

The fact you said those games are more of the same shows you have no idea what you're talking about. Try to talk about stuff that you actually know. Its mis-informed people who hurt the MMO industry.

• WigBurldWigBurld Member Posts: 14

Surprised not to see any of Wargaming.net's stuff on the list - they were very strong at E3 this year.

Just look at this interview with them, discussing their new MMO platform as well as the upcoming World of Warplanes and World of Battleships.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Translation:

We only liked Elder Scrolls Online, here's some other genres/gimmicky titles to pad the list.

• ronpackronpack Member Posts: 138

Planetside 2! WOOHOO!! Can't wait!

I also enjoyed the new Tombraider. She's finally actually VERY pretty in the game and the graphics/gameplay looks gorgeous!