Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2: Ascalonian Catacombs Explorable Mode Developer Walkthrough!

KaeyiDreamKaeyiDream Member UncommonPosts: 76

Hai :3

During the past Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event, myself and my guild were extremely grateful to have the fantastic opportunity to run through the Ascalonian Catacombs Dungeon on explorable mode with the one and only William Fairfield of Arena Net.

We chose path #2 and completed the entire dungeon, i hope you enjoy this video and get some idea of the tactics and what exactly you will encounter on explorable mode in the Ascalonian Catcacombs.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Massive thank you to Will and everyone who made this possible.

Kaeyi <3

Kaeyi; Guild Leader of Somnium! Twitter: @KaeyiDream Youtube: www.youtube.com/KaeyiDream Website: www.kaeyidream.com

Comments

• BioNutBioNut Member Posts: 414

Cool video. Are you Australian?

I have done about 0% of the PvE content (Saving for launch) but I enjoyed the video.

edit: What does Explorable mode mean?

Playing: Tera, BF3, ME3

Waiting on: Guild Wars 2

• KaeyiDreamKaeyiDream Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by BioNut

Cool video. Are you Australian?

I have done about 0% of the PvE content (Saving for launch) but I enjoyed the video.

edit: What does Explorable mode mean?

No i am english :D

Glad you enjpoyed the video!

At level 30 you can do the dungeon on story mode, explorable mode is at level 35, naturally more challenging and there are 3 different paths you can take.

Kaeyi; Guild Leader of Somnium! Twitter: @KaeyiDream Youtube: www.youtube.com/KaeyiDream Website: www.kaeyidream.com

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

What loot was in the final chest BTW? Kinda curious...

Oderint, dum metuant.

Some greens and blues i think, you collect the ascalonian tears to buy gear from vendors, much liek raid tokens :)

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Nice vids

This is what I was hoping to see from the bwe.

Much appreciated. Thanks

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Nice vids

This is what I was hoping to see from the bwe.

Much appreciated. Thanks

Awwh thank you :)

We really enjoyed making these videos!

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

Awsome, even better than Totalbiscuit's video, although I am a little disappointed, that it is the same "path".

One questions: I saw you using earth-attunement a lot. Why? How do you use the different attunements in a dungeon?

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

Awwh massive compliment, tb did encounter a lot of bugs when running the dungeon afaik, so we were lucky we didn't have any :)

The reason I was in earth was for the aoe cripples, I would put my fir aoe's down, then cripples, then stun them with air and use water for team heals.

:)