Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Asia Servers Down Due to Item Duplication Exploit

2»

Comments

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Adam1902

Also Eurogamer are fucking idiots. Their is no Real Money Auction House in Korea and never will be, their government won't allow it. If I know this, surely a big review site should.

when i read that article, I assumed Eurogamer was talking about world wide RMAH -- not something localized to Korea

You might be right, but in that case why is it sandwiched between two sentences speaking of the Asian local version, in an artical headlining a dupe going on in the Asian local version?

Poor writing skills if your assumption is correct.

I hate Eurogamer anyway! :D

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by WolfClaws

According to Blizzard, they have NEVER BEEN HACKED or BREACH OF SECURITY.  Or so my BS email went.  Obviously, there are holes.  And if the asian market found this, why is the western market still up?  This is not 1990, internet and communication is rockin.

Wait, you got an e-mail from blizzard?  I didn't.  Nor did any of my friends.  Did you follow the link and type in your password? 

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by gilgamesh42

I FOOKING  KNEWWWWWW ITTTTT  WHEN THE US SERVER LAUNCHED YOU WOULD ALWAYS SEE 60 OF THE SAME EXACT LEGENDARY AND NOTHING ELSE MAYBE 1-10 RANDOM LEGENDARYS I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS FISHY I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED IF THE US SERVER HAD(MAYBE EVEN STILL HAS) THE SAME ISSUE AND THEY NINJA'D IT

7/16 of an inch man. Just move that pinky a little to hit that caps lock.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by loeslein
    Originally posted by WolfClaws

According to Blizzard, they have NEVER BEEN HACKED or BREACH OF SECURITY.  Or so my BS email went.  Obviously, there are holes.  And if the asian market found this, why is the western market still up?  This is not 1990, internet and communication is rockin.

Wait, you got an e-mail from blizzard?  I didn't.  Nor did any of my friends.  Did you follow the link and type in your password? 

He probably did and now got his account hacked. lol.

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167
    Soj's going to become the default currency again?

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Blizzard has no handle on the cheaters in this game, the goldsellers are going crazy with all the stolen gold.  If you buy gold in this game you are donating to the hackers.

Their decision to not offer single player is really a horrible design choice.

Diablo II is far better than this new version even with it's dated graphics.   

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

Like I said before - I'm glad I sold my copy.

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

This is going to be fun and I do not mean the gameplay^^

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• KeltikJazzKeltikJazz Member Posts: 2

LoL

Activision...I mean Blizzard fail yet again.  Noone saw this coming?  Does noone remember how bad Bnet was in D2 with hackers and exploits?  You'd think Activision would learn.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by expresso

An exploite was found and blizzard are fixing it, don't know way so many of you are getting excited about this.

Because if there is an exploit - it is Blizzard's 'fault'.

Taking the servers down effectively prevents players from playing a game (which they paid for) because of something the Developer did (or didn't do).

To use the dumb 'If you brought a car" analogy...

You buy a car... it turns out that the manufacturer (thinking it was cool) installed computer controlled ABS brakes... and it turns out that by some weird connection if you turn the radio on while running the windscreen wipers the breaks don't always work... so the manufacturer remote disables your car via a cool satellite security system the car has.  You still have the car... you just can't drive it.  And the manufacturer has no idea if (or when) they will be able to fix the problem?

Now, the other point here is that asia is not USA.  Other countries (outside the USA) have consumer protection laws.

In some countries selling a product and then not delivering it is against the law.  What the penalties are depends on the product and the severity.  In most cases it could simply be a case of the customer getting their money back... but depending on how long this continues and how many customers are involved it could also result in other penalties for Blizzard

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• Sources in Asia regarding this exploit was released a few days ago.

According to the Korean player who first used this exploit, his main reason for doing so is to 'bring down Blizzard and D3'. 

With Blizzard's closing down of the Asian server, it appears that his aim has been achieved.

The player in question posted a screenshot of his avatar with 3 billion Gold, and then preceded to post another screenshot, taken moments later showing 6 billion Gold. From what i understand, the exploit involved duplicating one's inventory. 

It is unknown how many other players have been involved or whether this was an individual's work or the work of a group of 'worshop' gamers who specialize in virtual currency trading in online games.

With Diablo 3 overtaking many online games across Asia and skyrocketing to the number 1 position, even with a highly devalued virtual currency, the D3 'worshops' stand to make huge amount of real-world profit by selling virtual gold. 

Whilst Blizzard may be able to detect and ban accounts that trade in virtual gold 'in-game', they are powerless to stop players from doing so through 3rd party means. And from sources in Asia, the duplication exploit is one of numerous exploits that has been discovered and currently in play on the D3 server.

• riptipriptip Member Posts: 10
    The dun factor of this game goes down with each day. No offline, server issues, real money action house, bots, spammers, hackers. Is it wort the money? Is it?
  • riptipriptip Member Posts: 10
    I meant fun factor :)
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

This really cracked me up when I first saw the title. The whole "you have to play online only because of dupers, cheaters and hackers will destroy the game otherwise"... erm oops!

Really too funny, though considerably less so for those in Asia who can't log in and play the game they bought. I do feel bad for them.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

kinda makes me smile seeing them drop the ball this hard i dont know why maybe im a blizz hater .__. im enjoying this way to mcuh

• desirieldesiriel Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by riptip
    The fun factor of this game goes down with each day. No offline, server issues, real money action house, bots, spammers, hackers. Is it wort the money? Is it?

On the contrary: the fun factor is growing with each passing day. That is if you're not a D3 player...