Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blame it on Guild Wars 2/Blizzard's greed.

124»

Comments

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Nah i dont think anyone needs to try to negativly impact a mmorpg launch...just like SWTOR was suppose to be the next big one...so will GW2...and when people realize that "endgame starts at level 1" is just another word for nothing special to do at endgame...since everyone will race to endgame and blow through all the content ina week or two.

It was good timing on the OP's part to make a thread like this...since GW2 is the new "holy mmorpg" that is going to be the best game "evar" prior to release...and a lot fo the deciples of that game are here playing D3 waiting for their messiah to launch...

Ill probably jump into GW2 once reality sets in, mabey a year after launch.  Not in the mood for warhammer 2.0 right now anyway.

On a side note..they better not make inferno easier...especially for those of use with jobs ect and are not there yet.  Let the kids with infinite free time get fustrated and quit, will improve the community.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by injenu

So this is what I'm thinking....

In January of this year GW2 gives a little hint that they'll be releasing the following year around the same time... Then, in early April ArenaNet starts offerring Open-Beta testing with pre-orders, followed by the April 27th open beta weekend.  Blizzard most definitely got themselves a copy and after playing it come to the realization that GW2 is a lot closer to release than what was previously indicated... So they panicked.. 

They knew that if GW2 were to release before Diablo III, which for all intensive purposes can be considered direct competition, that it  would ultimately hurt D3s initial release sales.  So they go into "worst case scenario" mode, realizing their own game in its current development state is going to be lacking seriously.  Sensing a June-ish release date from GW2, they have no choice but to release a partially done game.. 

So development realizes that they're going to have to figure out a way to deliver the game in a piece by piece method, while also ensuring that the masses wont just tear through their unfinished game.  They decide to scrap trying to figure out pvp balancing, and focus on finishing up the overall PVE content itself.  This might be a stretch, but I bet they brought in some coders from WoW (why the game has similar graphics), and tried to polish/debug what they had for a release. 

As a means to slow down people from utterly ripping through the content, they just make inferno mode impossible for the layman player. They also reduce the drops so as to be able to figure out the best way to implement the RMAH.  The DRM is also a pretty good method of artificially controlling people from getting to the end point (a single player offline mode allows people to choose whether to update their game) ..

Thinking along this path, you can kind of get a better scope as to how Blizzard is maximizing their sales.  The tragedy in all of this is that all of us basically paid full price to rent (DRM means you DO NOT own it) a partially finished game.  The greater insult is that most of us will probably also pay to purchase DLCs piece by piece, until Blizzard decides to actually make right on their committment in providing an adequate version of Diablo 3.  I'm thinking they intend on milking us for about $150-200 for their full, envisioned finished product. 

This is why that petition is so important. The more signatures that the petition gets, the higher likelihood that a class action suit will be filed, and the greater the chances that Blizzard does NOT charge its playerbase for paying for their own failures.  Not to piss in anyone's cornflakes, but if you honestly think that this game is anywhere near complete in its current state, with the DRM, as well as the lack of pvp, proper balancing, and the broken AH, then I'm sorry, but you should really take a seriously better look. 

So what do you guys think? Am I some crazy conspiracy theorist? Or does this make some sense?

injenu.

i really dont see why people are so angry with not accessing diablo 3? in wow whenever an expansion is near servers fall and sky fall but i never see such criticism despite the fact that people have paid for their subscriptions . just a thought . i may be wrong though .

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by TheVamperic
    Originally posted by davinci179

You clearly could not comprehend what I wrote but thats understandable coming from a person who thinks they should be able to sue a company for his opinion of a bad game. I never said I made a bunch of bad decisions. I said I have purchased bad games I am pretty sure this goes for all gamers. How is that anything related to bad decisions I have made? Where do I say Diablo is simple for me? Nope did not either. However, I will state it here that in comparision to many MMORPGS Diablo is a simpler more mindless game that is definately more forgiven of mistakes. (Unless you play on hardcore even then the game mechanics still tend to be a bit more simple then MMORPGS). But what does that have to do with my point? It does not Diablo 3 feels very much the same as Diablo 2. While I am on topic Diablo 2 acutally had plenty of patches to improve the game and an expansion for added content. So by your theory Diablo 2 was unfinished as well. Bottom line is you are just complaining to complain. Diablo 3 did not promise anything they did not deliver on. The fact that the game is on battlenet and requires an internet connection was known before you purchased the game. And with all internet based games there are times of instability.

As far as child left behind? Uh funny I was thinking the same about you. Lets sue some a company and cry about it because a game is not how we want it. The gear is too hard to farm boo hoo. The AH houses do not work right. The game is down so I can not play right now. Cry some more. I am sure all of this stuff is what sent you into NERD rage. I have a college degree. I actually graduated with honors. So acutally yea I might be a good example for No child left behind, but as an example of someone who knows what its like to work for what they get. I never bought gear in Diablo 2 on ebays and I had plenty of high level and maxed characters with good gear. I never bought gold in MMOs. I play games for fun. And I understand there are bad games out there. Diablo 3 might be one of them for you. You are entiled not to like it. But to think you can come up with a class action law suit is, as I called you before, idotic. 

You can not write for shit,  I shall mention. Why does it displease you so much that someone wants their $60 back, which it was they paid for a game? Your offered statements hold no merit on reality, they are colored by your own perspective, and it is in fact true your beliefs do not reflect any "laws of the wilderness". Statements such as "Diablo 3 feels like just D1 and D2 to me" just represent an opinion relative only to you, one that is even amazingly present despite so many elements from D2 that are absent in D3. From what I can judge, you are a moron, please become familiar with the concept that your imagination does not reflect any kind of common reality, your beliefs and ideas are founded on nothing, except for the grounds "For I will it.", and your belief about how people should think in this regard is nothing but something incepted by yourself to furfill particular emotional needs.

dude calm down .everybody makes mistakes lol . no need to get angry :)

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Somebody is mad they bought the game.......

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

I dont think the game's release was a one-sided affair. As much as you'd like to think it was a business decision, i'm more inclined to believe they are working TOGETHER to , as much as possible, not take a piece of each others' "pie". You'd be surprised but these large companies be it the gaming industry or any other products/services are aware of each others' existence and competition. To a certain extent, they probably have someone on both sides, high up on the corporate ladder communicating both ways, to decide how best not to rival each others' take of the business profits.

Take graphics cards for example, ATI vs NVIDIA? Not sure about you guys, but if u pay careful attention, they sort of take turns, to release the next "BEST" gcard. Coincidence? i think not. Would not be surprised at the least if they had some form of "agreement" unknown to the consumer public of course.

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

• teabagteabag Member Posts: 118

Yes I can see that, amazing that a big fat well known company had ripped up my mate off into misery.

I used to see nothing but greeds, but now they are greedy, ignorance as well as an arrogant bullies.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by injenu
    1.  Guild Wars 2 is not even the same Genre as Diablo 3? This is very subjective, as you have two games that are both persistent online worlds without subscriptions based in a fantasy type environment.
    Hey, I'm curious to know what you think the word "persistent" means? Because everyone who DOES actually know what it means just sprayed their screens laughing at you saying D3 has a persistent online world