Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting advice for a noob

sup everyone,

I was wondering what was the best crafting class and profession for a wolf/bear shaman and a  bird shaman.

Is end game raid items better then crafted items?

Thanksss

Comments

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Any craft except for armorsmith and leather worker.

I would really just recommend you to find a craft that you think you'll benefit most for yourself. Because if you're just about to start a craft and is low on money, you'll have a much tougher time competing against other players thats loaded with money and materials already.

Its not such a bad thing because most items crafted are over priced already, but you're on the losing end if you try to undercut other players. You wont get much profit if you're relying on the broker to buy materials yourself.

My weaponsmith was making decent money because I was selling T5 weapons 30-40 gold cheaper than the other guys, I've profited ONLY because I saved up all the crafting materials before I took a long break, so basically it costed nothing for me. But once the other players notices the price change they'll all drop their prices and then its tough to make money since the ultra rare materials already costs about 3/4 the price of the weapons I was crafting when I ran out of materials.

Another suggestion would be to just gather materials and sell them. Reaping and Mining were the best two skills.

If you're still interested in making money from crafting, I'd really recommend you do Tailoring or being an Artificier. You can make lots of money crafting the Vielthread bags as a tailor, and you can make invisibility or invis vs. undead tablets which can make a lot of money for artificiers.

But again, its tough competition going against players that are already rich. But if you harvest your own materials, it'll cost little to nothing for you other than the time to gather all the materials.

• trillgodtrillgod Member Posts: 52

wow great reply...so its the case with any mmo, the most dedicated and time consumed players control the economy and inflate the hell out of the prices..

so another question,,,i was thinking of becoming a carpenter sinceyou can make boats and funiture..is that profitable and useful for shamans? I might roll a bird shaman but i heard they are underpowered vs the other shamans. 

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by trillgod

wow great reply...so its the case with any mmo, the most dedicated and time consumed players control the economy and inflate the hell out of the prices..

so another question,,,i was thinking of becoming a carpenter sinceyou can make boats and funiture..is that profitable and useful for shamans? I might roll a bird shaman but i heard they are underpowered vs the other shamans. 

The only thing I see being profitable as a carpenter would be making the chest containers for houses and also housing materials. Boats are more of a thing you would craft for yourself. It takes a long long time and a lot of materials to complete one. A lot of players have their guild mates craft boats for them as long if they provide all the materials. With Twylight Song guild they hold a contest every 2 weeks or so, and the winner(s) would recieve a sloop as the reward.

Bear (tank), Wolf (dps), Phoenix (caster)

I've tried both bear and wolf forms for a shaman, but never a phoenix so I really cant tell how their DPS output is. But I can definitely tell you that being a healer class, a phoenix shaman doesnt have as much surviveability compared to the other 2 forms. So I'm assuming that if you go the Phoenix route, you'll be kiting most of the time and thats super time consuming. Being a healer their dps is lacking as is. Being a bear shaman, all you have to really do is have your pet tank and try not to generate more aggro than he is and you'll rule on most dungeon runs.

The wolf shaman is more like a rogue/ranger hybrid. You can hide, you have the fastest run speed buff (i think it was 60% compared to druid/ranger's 50%) They can handle 3 dot monsters pretty well if you can pace yourself with heals. Your dps should be able to wipe out monsters fairly fast, but just gotta control how many monsters to engage at a time. You can get overwhelmed quite fast if you have too much adds because you dont get the damage mitigation and hp boost like the bear shaman.

• trillgodtrillgod Member Posts: 52

wolf shaman it is :)///kk so im stumped between artificer and weaponsmith..which ones more useful 

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Artificer is a starter class, not a specialized class.

The "big" crafts are mineralogist, leatherworker, and tailor.

Mineralogist does jewelry, stone weapons and houses. As Artificers, they also do Carvings and Repair Stones.

Leatherworker does medium armor, leather weapons (handwraps), saddlebags, leather crafter gear upgrade (i.e. apron, gloves, boots), leather bardings (but the best bardings are from diplomacy).

Tailor does light armor (aka mage robes), bags, cloaks, cloth crafter gear upgrade (i.e. chest, trousers, headgear).

Both leatherworker and tailor are outfitters and do harvest clothing, bandages, talismans, sails/rigging for ships, thatches and window covering / pane for houses.

Compared to that, I feel that Weaponsmith, Armorsmith and Carpenter are underpowered. They just dont have that much demand. Both blacksmiths can sell horseshoes and, once they hit tier 5, mithril runes. But thats pretty much all.