Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are classes per determined gender?

WhiteCrossWhiteCross Phoenix, AZPosts: 120Member

easy question.

I'll have to pass if the classes are predetermined gender.

Tagged:

Comments

  • KhrymsonKhrymson Eorzea, MOPosts: 3,090Member Uncommon

    Yes, yes they are...

  • LilithSlaveLilithSlave Hot Springs, ARPosts: 10Member

    How pointless that they would add a random sexist element to this game that most MMORPGs don't have. I can already tell I don't like a lot about this game and have no great desire to play it.

    The classes are sexist, there's no great variety of interesting races, and the females are a bunch of booblolis. They look like the Elin except with tits. Yuck, why not, you know, the inverse? Some androgynous non-neotenous races like Leo from Tekken. But no, they have hypsexualized booblolis. I don't see anything interesting about this game at all other than cutesy anime designs.

    Mabinogi is twice the  game this will ever be.

  • adiktusadiktus Frankfort, INPosts: 128Member

    Originally posted by LilithSlave

    How pointless that they would add a random sexist element to this game that most MMORPGs don't have. I can already tell I don't like a lot about this game and have no great desire to play it.
    The classes are sexist, there's no great variety of interesting races, and the females are a bunch of booblolis. They look like the Elin except with tits. Yuck, why not, you know, the inverse? Some androgynous non-neotenous races like Leo from Tekken. But no, they have hypsexualized booblolis. I don't see anything interesting about this game at all other than cutesy anime designs.
    Mabinogi is twice the  game this will ever be.

    Happy now with what you said? Ok moving on...

    image

  • doragon86doragon86 Boston, MAPosts: 589Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by LilithSlave

    How pointless that they would add a random sexist element to this game that most MMORPGs don't have. I can already tell I don't like a lot about this game and have no great desire to play it.
    The classes are sexist, there's no great variety of interesting races, and the females are a bunch of booblolis. They look like the Elin except with tits. Yuck, why not, you know, the inverse? Some androgynous non-neotenous races like Leo from Tekken. But no, they have hypsexualized booblolis. I don't see anything interesting about this game at all other than cutesy anime designs.
    Mabinogi is twice the  game this will ever be.

    Word...? Sexism...? Really...? Good grief...

    "For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

  • SkrankenSkranken BergenPosts: 98Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by WhiteCross

    easy question.
    I'll have to pass if the classes are predetermined gender.

    Same here.

    Downloaded installed and started character creation. I had already decided on a ranger MALE but I had no chance of locating the gender option so thats how I found this thread..

    Thats a good enough reason for me to uninstall..

  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Mississauga, ONPosts: 912Member Uncommon

    Aye, not being able to select gender blows, but the game makes up for it in gameplay. It's addictive and my favorite game atm of all the subscription based games I've played the last 6 years. Worth a try if you already downloaded, you might be surprised imo.

    image
  • neuronomadneuronomad Symsonia, KYPosts: 1,276Member

    Originally posted by marzatplay

    Aye, not being able to select gender blows, but the game makes up for it in gameplay. It's addictive and my favorite game atm of all the subscription based games I've played the last 6 years. Worth a try if you already downloaded, you might be surprised imo.

    110% agree.  The game is a blast.  Sure the character customization options are limited but trust me the game play is fun as all get out.   My daughter and I are really loving the game.   It is a blast.

    --------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2 and Path of Exile

    Quit: Eden Eternal, Wakfu, DDO, STO, DCUO, Sword 2, Atlantica Online, LOTRO, SWTOR, RIFT, Earthrise, FFXIV, RoM, Allods Online, GA,WAR,CO,V:SoH,POTBS,TR,COH/COV, WOW, DDO,AL, EQ, Eve, L2, AA, Mx0, SWG, SoR, AO, RFO, DAoC, and others.
    www.twitter.com/mlwhitt
    www.michaelwhitt.com

  • ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Toronto, ONPosts: 158Member Uncommon

    the lack of character customization sucks indeed... but the gameplay is awesome

  • Crunchy221Crunchy221 Trollsberg, ILPosts: 489Member

    Feel free to enlighten us on how gameplay is amazing.  Its quite a general description.

     

    If the gameplay is amazing please let us know what makes it so.

     

    Of course, with the gender locked classes, ill probably be skipping this one, might be nice to know if and how the gameplay is amazing incase i need a quick imbetween game or something.  Nothing appears to be out of the ordinary or exceptional with combat ect however.

  • BMoorBMoor Boston, MAPosts: 202Member

    Well, for me, I like how combat is not simply TAB+Number Key but instead, more free form where I could aim anywhere with the mouse.  Moving while fighting is pretty important in this game.  I like how certain furniture such as bookshelves, crates, barrels, tables can be broken.  I also like to launch a whole bunch of golbins and small cute dogs into the air.  Not as pleasant when a giant dog launches you into the air.

    Spacifically regarding classes, I like how for the

    • Sharpshooter - It's like firing a cannon into a crowd
    • Acrobat - Jump into a crowd like a meteor
    • Priest - Charge up the surrounding mobs and watch them explode when you detonate them

     

    In summary, it's like a cute cartoonish version of Vindictus.

Sign In or Register to comment.