Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ryzom - The forgotten gem

emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413

I origionally bought Ryzom on release day many years ago, i loved it then. As always with us mmo players we tend to play the latest and supposedly greates games. In short we tend to try everything that gets released. 

I recently retried Ryzom, im so glad i did. This game was years ahead of its time when initially released, and today still has dynamic features light years ahead of a lot of the apparent "next gen" mmos.

I urge folks to try it, not intent on sound patronising but the older gmers here will appreciate the title more. It reminds me of a hearty meal, makes you feel all warm inside! 

Give it a try, its free, and honestly a gem, one of the best crafted mmos ever made! If this initially had the funding during its inception it would be a monster today!

Wizgamers thread about what features Ryzom has covers all its features.

Comments

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Bumping this simply because it's very true.

I've been playing Ryzom for about a week now and have been simply awed by how immersive the world is and the uniqueness of the game systems. It's definitely a niche game, but one that I've been enjoying greatly. <3

<3

• WingclipWingclip Member UncommonPosts: 54

old post, but hey it is a good game if only the devs could give it some loving. Low pop, great community and some good guilds around. Classic sandbox with PVP but without world PVP that seems to turn some folks off.

I have played it on and off and i just seems to need a little something to push it along.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by WINGCLIP

I have played it on and off and i just seems to need a little something to push it along.

That little something is probably players - for all the virtues I mentioned above, the low population really takes a heavy toll on the playability of the game, given how cooperative it's designed to be.

<3

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

Everytime I see a Ryzom post I cry a little.

Such an awesome game- But... Make a new server damn it!!!!!!! Ryzom has Guild Wars with resourse control that is phenonimal along with a plethora of sandbox elements and ideals which work flawlessly- But not with a topheavy economy.In other words, noobs can never really effect anything because everything is on lock by old players/guilds- There isnt even War anymore NOT IN YEARS (I havnt played in over a year though) because everything is on LOCK and STATIC.

Start a new server and people might play.

• VantrasVantras Member Posts: 124

Just rolled again here on Ryzom.  Really enjoying it.  So much depth/detail.  So interesting.  And the graphics still generally hold up (at least for me).  Community is awesome.  Only concern is the over all population.  On Silan (starter area) its solid enough.  Last time i played i wound up quitting when i hit the mainland.  this time I am building more solid relationships and joined an active guild.  I wont hit the mainland alone (hoping that solves it this time).

What a good place with good people.  500 active players more would make an epic amount of difference here.  I wish the new devs would go on a social media binge-they could really prop it up with effort and little expense.

Obeedo!

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Locking due to necro. If you want to discuss the same topic as an old thread feel free to link to it in a new thread.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.