Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No PvP is what killed this game...

BribarianVBribarianV Member Posts: 4

You can have a real fun Gauntlet game, but once they took the hostile option out I knew the game would have absolutely no replay value.

The spoonfed options of auto grouping and handing loot to everyone didnt help either though.

Comments

• dorksmetaldorksmetal Member Posts: 77

not actually being a mmo killed that game. 

• BribarianVBribarianV Member Posts: 4

So many people told new Activision/blizzard not to take out the pvp option and that real money ah was going to be a disaster.

And now here it is.  Just like we've told them, people are 100 hours in and bored with it.

• Darkmax23Darkmax23 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by BribarianV

You can have a real fun Gauntlet game, but once they took the hostile option out I knew the game would have absolutely no replay value.

The spoonfed options of auto grouping and handing loot to everyone didnt help either though.

Didnt know the game was dead? Its booming strong with me and all my friends....oh and the 6.5 million people that bought it lol

• JaylanonyousJaylanonyous Member Posts: 31

Does it really matter how many people bought it? Millions buy CoD but it's not a good game. It reskins the same game over and over. Millions listen to BS music. Millions of people are dumb.

Honestly, PvP would of kept me playing but without the option i ended up selling my 2 accounts.

• BribarianVBribarianV Member Posts: 4

It was a cashin game. I said that from the beginning. 

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Not even close. Alot of players never PvP'd in D2.  Blizzard-North being shut down and none of the brilliance that worked on D2 working on D3 is what ruined Diablo. It just doesnt have the same feel for alot of us for a multitude of reasons and PvP not being there is a verry small part of it. Just ask around in general chat. Sure 1/20 or so may say no PvP is why they are going to stop playing but thoes other people will talk about things like loot, lag, loot, having to play through the story every time and not just going from one part of the act to the other in a seamless zone. Even the randomized maps are pathetic compared to D2.

If you didnt play D2 then I'm both happy and sad for you. Happy because you dont know the diffrence in quality between D2 and D3 and sad for you because you never played one of, if not the best dungeon crawler ever made. That said go check out Path of Exile or Torchlight. Thoes are about as close to D2 as you will find. Warning though Torclight is verry cartoony and even easier than D3 but from a mechanics point of view its verry solid.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

So many people told new Activision/blizzard not to take out the pvp option and that real money ah was going to be a disaster.

And now here it is.  Just like we've told them, people are 100 hours in and bored with it.

If only they had listened to YOU! Might have sold *7* million copies that first day...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• KhurgKhurg Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Jaylanonyous

Does it really matter how many people bought it? Millions buy CoD but it's not a good game. It reskins the same game over and over. Millions listen to BS music. Millions of people are dumb.

Honestly, PvP would of kept me playing but without the option i ended up selling my 2 accounts.

I understand. You are smarter and better than all of them. /sarcasm off

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

Why do people say D3 is dead, killed, ruined, etc. when it is not? Really, you might not like the game, but that doesn't change the fact that the game works as promised. On top of that, AFAIK PVP will be added. For me D3 is still a healthy game image

• Darkmax23Darkmax23 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Ghabbo

Why do people say D3 is dead, killed, ruined, etc. when it is not? Really, you might not like the game, but that doesn't change the fact that the game works as promised. On top of that, AFAIK PVP will be added. For me D3 is still a healthy game image

I agree...people are just morons and think that their opinion is the ones that are right lol Blizzard is a genius company that knows how to market. I loved WoW for the longest time and only stopped because i got burned out of mmo's all together. Ive said this a dozen times on here before...The people who bash Diablo on this site is a SMALL fraction of players....VERY SMALL lol So i laugh most of the time when i see stuff like that

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Most games do not last 100 hours. I would say 100 hours is a long game. Have fun for 100 hours and move on.

Why is it a disaster? 100 fun hours is reasonable for a box game.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by dorksmetal

not actually being a mmo killed that game. 

No. It makes the game better. Just have fun, then move on. Come back when the xpac is out.

• Darkness690Darkness690 Member Posts: 174

RMAH is a disaster? It's not even currently in the game.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

I found the game dull and tedious and a complete waste of time and effort.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

D3 is dead?  Damn, it must have happened last night while I slept.  PVP and Diablo never made sense.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Only online gamers pay $60 for 100 hours of entertainment, and still manage to bitch like they didn't get their moneys worth.

I spent almost $200 at a bar last night, we were there for maybe 4-5 hours. I'm sure you spend more than $60 on fast food each month.

As someone that played D2 and D1 from release, I never cared for PvP.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

So are you saying because you bought D3 your dumb? There is no other conclusion to glean from this post.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

Took me six years to get bored of D2.

Took me one level 60 to get bored of D3.

:(

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Millions of people are dumb.

Are you one of the chosen few who can determine which millions are so less than everyone else?

wow, I always hoped to meet one of those but, well you know... you dream... image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

yeah, pvp needs to be in this game in order to keep me interested. i am still having fun but i miss the excitement of "going hostile" and killing other players with my bad ass lewt that i got.

hopefully the pvp system they come up with is fun and keeps me interested.