Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 Girl's Opinion on Modern FPS games (Console & Pc)

MotokoHuttMotokoHutt Member Posts: 49

Just to note before I start this is only my opinion & in no way am I asking everyone to agree with me, all people are entitle to there own opinion & I am simply making this thread to vent my opinion.

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Homefront & all other Modern FPS games, (I am referring to all Versions of the games here) I often think to myself about how much these games have in common, some people may argue saying “Oh games like Battlefield are nothing like Cod” but yes maybe there “Battle” style is different & the size of there “Maps” are different but when you really get down to the detail non of them truly portray at all how a real fire fight would happen, no matter if they call themselves Shooters or battle simulators non of them actually give you even a slight insight to how real combat would feel.

One of the biggest problems is that the FPS games Market is trying to focus too much on there Casual gamers & are neglecting the True gamers who want a game to be about skill & hard work, games such as Battlefield have been sped up made faster paced so that the casual gamer can just hop in & out of game play as they see fit rather then making the time to sit & truly appreciate a game as not just a game but also as a peace of art that has been spent time on, it seems to me like FPS developers don’t care as much about quality & rather about Quantity of sales, they create 1 game then they cant wait to start pumping out the next game like some sort of construction line in a factory, they do this knowing that most of the general public are “Sheep” (not saying I am any better then a sheep myself here just stating facts) & will buy something that they make because lets be honest we are addicted to these FPS games, I mean common none of you people that stand in a line at quarter past midnight just to be one of the first people to own the new Call of Duty can seriously look yourself in the mirror & say “I am not Addicted to FPS games” and actually mean it.

The way I am going to do this is I will break down certain parts of games i Know allot about & try & logically say what’s wrong with them.

Ok 1st of all who ever decided that there was a limited amount of Attachments you can put onto a Assault Rifle? most games these days only allow you to have 1 Attachment & 2 at max ether that or the game will say oh this is how we want you to use this gun & your not aloud to choose what attachments you have on it, personally I don’t see why they don’t allow you to have a real amount of attachments on your Gun? & also why are you aloud to just switch between weapons in the middle of a battle just because you re-spawned? On that note why do FPS games have no death penalties anymore? Older games like Counter Strike when you Die that’s you out till the next Round, personally I thought that was a real good Idea it stops people from just running in like a lunatic & bunny hopping everywhere or jumping in midair & instantly going into a Prone position, back onto the Attachments thing a real gun can have a huge amount of attachments for instance a Assault Rifle in real life can have a sighting on top a Barrel extender or silencer at the firing point a torch & lazar sighting on the side ether a small Grenade Launcher, Small Shotgun, Bayonet, Fore grip, Bipod underneath, (not just 1 ether you can have stuff like a Fore Grip & Bipod or Fore Grip & Bayonet Together) also you can have ammo extender’s or ammo drums, another thing most games completely miss out is the stock (yes that bit that you hold to your shoulder the CRUSHAL part of the gun that allows you to Aim with less recoil), different Stocks make a huge difference to how a gun handles making it easier to fire from the Shoulder and/or Hip, that’s what how many attachments then ?  7 to 8? So why can you only attach 1 to 2 things in most games?

2nd of all the aimers in Modern FPS games when your guns at the Hip, Personally I never got what that was all about, I mean lets think about this logically here in real life when you hold a weapon to your hip does a little aimer pop up in the middle of wear your looking ? if it does I really would suggest you seek urgent medical help because seriously……..that’s not normal & I think you have a problem, why can’t they just make it so you have no sighting and as you play you earn cash and with that cash you can buy a Lazar sighting, then when you have it on there is still no Aimer when on hip but if the lazar pops up on someone you know your aiming in the right direction, another thing I have noticed is that these silly aimers as you move get bigger BUT that’s all just a distraction as you gun doesn’t actually get any worse at aiming it just makes it harder to know were the centre view point is, all I can say to that is Sneaky FPS developers very sneaky way to get out of doing much work, here is a little trick for all you gamers out there who like things easy, get some blue tack find the central point on your screen & stick it there Haha! now what you gunna do Game developers, seriously what ever happened to gun spray? Not everything is about Recoil you know.

Ok 3rd of all & this is a big one especially for me, let me start with asking you a easy question, what year are we in now?............ 2012 that’s what year so why in 90+% of all shooter games can you not play as a female Soldier? Granted game developers a larger percentage of your customers are male but that don’t mean you have to be sexist, there has been female soldiers in the military since WW2, hell the Luftwaffe even had female pilots & that was Nazi Germany so why on earth do you feel then need to keep alienating Women from shooting games? You would have thought in this day & age every shooting game would have the option to play a female soldier, its not as if it’s a hard thing to do ether you simply just change the model you don’t have to change any of the hit boxes or anything because with body armour etc on the hit box for a female character would be the same as a male character.

Now 4th thing on my list kill streaks & death streaks, ok fair enough I get that people want to be awarded for playing good, I get that, but some of the Kill streaks out there……… are you serious? Since when could a soldier in the middle of battle just pull a little computer in the shape of a briefcase out of there ass & start commanding some Gunship helicopter or some Huge bombing plain, for 1 if this was a real war zone they couldn’t just start bringing in air support straight of the bat because of things like SAM sites etc, 2 a regular soldier or even a agent cant just pull a god dang computer out there ass and start controlling millions of pounds worth of kit, stuff like bombing raids calling in on a area is 1 thing but taking control of something that wouldn’t be in your control in the 1st place is just stupid, and for these games that have things like little Drones that are mini cars or helicopters with explosives, gun’s or Missiles etc etc uuuuuuummmmmmmm sure every soldier carries a little state of the art Drone with them, cant they make Kill streaks realistic or am I missing the point? Cant the kill streaks be like increased health & speed etc as when your on a high you get massive amounts of adrenaline pumping threw your body that can make you run faster or not feel pain etc so that would be feasible, and also a what’s with these death streaks? Ok say the words “Death Streak” to yourself………SERIUOSLY what the hell were the Developers on when they thought that was a good idea? Seriously only someone on shrooms would think that was a good idea but then at the same time that person would be thinking the sky is pink & clouds are green & your mum is a HUGE Turtle, so yes if they were on shrooms then Yes sure that’s a bloody brilliant Idea.

Ok 5th on my list is Instant Spawn rates, this is probably the most stupidest Idea in the whole of the FPS universe is one of the core problems of why Modern FPS games are so fast paced & unrealistic, because of Instant spawn rates it makes people feel as if they can just run into battle like a lunatic & not suffer any consequence if they die, and you know why they feel that way? Because they really won’t suffer any consequence for it because 2 seconds later they can just do it all over again, if there was more of a incentive not to die people would instantly start playing more tactically, say if when you die you lose exp then people are not going to want to just run in like a lunatic now are they? Of course not because as they try to do so there is going to be a whole enemy squad there to shoot there ass from here to Timbuktu, just that alone would make the game more of a battle simulator rather then a shooting game, also reinforcements take time to get to the field in real life so why cant they make it that way in a game? If they want to make it realistic you could even have it so Vehicles come to drop off reinforcements at set intervals of the battle, then when you spawn you are riding in the vehicle(‘s) on your way to the battlefield, that way you have timed reinforcements & you have to wait for the vehicle(‘s) to arrive on seen, you just make the vehicle drop off point inaccessible by the apposing team so people cant wait for drop offs (which is actually realistic as you wouldn’t drop off soldiers somewhere that there is 3 or 4 people standing with AK’s waiting to shoot them as soon as they get off).

Number 6 on my list is Perks, now these do & don’t make sense, most perk abilities are feasible like Quicker reload time, Quicker ADS, the ability to knife from a longer distance aka lunge at someone etc etc, the fact that these abilities are given instantly & can be changed at will that’s the completely unrealistic thing, why cant they make it so if you get so many kills with a knife for instance you get better with it or if you Reload a certain gun so many times you get faster at Reloading with the specific gun, even things like less recoil when hip firing or less recoil when ADS can be made so if you kill X amount of people with say the M4 when ADS then you will have less Recoil with that specific gun when ADS, that way there is more character advancement then just simply levelling up, it also then gets people to focus on specific gun’s that they like rather then just switching out to whatever gun takes there fancy like there some super soldier that’s a pro with any weapon in the world.

Next, number 7 injury & limb damage, I noticed that not really any online multiplayer FPS game has even thought to add the fact that in real life your limbs get inured, they all seem to have this recurring theme that “Oh if I lie-down in the mud for 3 or 4 seconds I am going to be right as rain again”, well here is a New’s flash for you, if say I get shot in the leg do you really think I am just going to go “oh hang on a sec I will just take a nap here and then it will all be better” come on seriously of course I’m not at least I could remove the bullet, use something to stop the bleeding & bandage it up then at least I might feel a little better, hell let me pump myself with Adrenaline or some sort such shit if you want me to continue on, if you want to make it so you can start fighting normally again make it so people can learn medical abilities starting with the ability to just to first aid then progressing onward as you deal with Injury more often, & you have to make sure you are carrying the right medical equipment or you cant do anything at all & have to find someone who can help you, that way people that want to carry something else & don’t want to carry a Medkit have to work with other players giving a sense of place & purpose.

Number 8 on my list & my final thing is Weather & Time of Day, In real life weather for instance can play a huge factor in how a battle play’s out, things like rain can lower visibility or things like snow can lower manoeuvrability, also weather problems like Torrential rain or a sandstorm or Gail force winds can turn a battle into a strategic nightmare causing you to take shelter or having to divert around routes to avoid getting trapped, also Time of Day can Hugely change how a battle play’s out lowering or heightening Visibility, causing you to get Exhausted quicker or slower also making Items like Thermal or Night vision more necessary, people might say to me “Oh but some games have maps there are based at night time etc etc” but since when does a battle stay Night time or Day time constantly, why cant a match start at one time of day & progress into another as it continues on, also with times of day such as Dusk or Dawn Visibility can play a Huge factor as a rising or setting sun can play havoc with a scope for instance, this gives a instance disadvantage or advantage to players depending if there facing the sun or not.

I know I am probably going to badly get flamed by many people for all of this but I don’t think anyone can really honestly say that anything I have said is wrong, you may not agree with what I have said but I don’t think you can say its wrong & truly mean it, anyway thank you to all that have read this all the way threw as I know it is a extremely long Thread & I hope that maybe I have made some of you out there think about what I have said. 

Comments

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

Since I don't think you ever mentioned it, do you actually play any FPS games?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• Mage_FrancisMage_Francis Member Posts: 53

Wow that's a big wall of text and honestly didn't read it.  Have you played arma 2?  

Read a little and it seems like your souly describing COD, and it's not a "aimer" it's a recticle...

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Less of an essay but more straight to the point would have been better. :)

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• MotokoHuttMotokoHutt Member Posts: 49

(short & sweet)

yes I do play FPS games

No I havent played arma 2

No I'm not Trageting any games in specific I am aiming the the Genre is Etiraty

& sorry I dont do Threads in half Messures

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by MotokoHutt

Just to note before I start this is only my opinion & in no way am I asking everyone to agree with me, all people are entitle to there own opinion & I am simply making this thread to vent my opinion.

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Homefront & all other Modern FPS games, (I am referring to all Versions of the games here) I often think to myself about how much these games have in common, some people may argue saying “Oh games like Battlefield are nothing like Cod” but yes maybe there “Battle” style is different & the size of there “Maps” are different but when you really get down to the detail non of them truly portray at all how a real fire fight would happen, no matter if they call themselves Shooters or battle simulators non of them actually give you even a slight insight to how real combat would feel.

Have you heard of a game called ArmA2?
    Battlefield 2 Reality Mod?
    Vietcong?
    Red Orchestra 2? (recent)
    Bueller? Bueller?

One of the biggest problems is that the FPS games Market is trying to focus too much on there Casual gamers & are neglecting the True gamers who want a game to be about skill & hard work, games such as Battlefield have been sped up made faster paced so that the casual gamer can just hop in & out of game play as they see fit rather then making the time to sit & truly appreciate a game as not just a game but also as a peace of art that has been spent time on, it seems to me like FPS developers don’t care as much about quality & rather about Quantity of sales, they create 1 game then they cant wait to start pumping out the next game like some sort of construction line in a factory, they do this knowing that most of the general public are “Sheep” (not saying I am any better then a sheep myself here just stating facts) & will buy something that they make because lets be honest we are addicted to these FPS games, I mean common none of you people that stand in a line at quarter past midnight just to be one of the first people to own the new Call of Duty can seriously look yourself in the mirror & say “I am not Addicted to FPS games” and actually mean it.

Lost me right there

The way I am going to do this is I will break down certain parts of games i Know allot about & try & logically say what’s wrong with them.

Ok 1st of all who ever decided that there was a limited amount of Attachments you can put onto a Assault Rifle? most games these days only allow you to have 1 Attachment & 2 at max ether that or the game will say oh this is how we want you to use this gun & your not aloud to choose what attachments you have on it, personally I don’t see why they don’t allow you to have a real amount of attachments on your Gun? & also why are you aloud to just switch between weapons in the middle of a battle just because you re-spawned? On that note why do FPS games have no death penalties anymore? Older games like Counter Strike when you Die that’s you out till the next Round, personally I thought that was a real good Idea it stops people from just running in like a lunatic & bunny hopping everywhere or jumping in midair & instantly going into a Prone position, back onto the Attachments thing a real gun can have a huge amount of attachments for instance a Assault Rifle in real life can have a sighting on top a Barrel extender or silencer at the firing point a torch & lazar sighting on the side ether a small Grenade Launcher, Small Shotgun, Bayonet, Fore grip, Bipod underneath, (not just 1 ether you can have stuff like a Fore Grip & Bipod or Fore Grip & Bayonet Together) also you can have ammo extender’s or ammo drums, another thing most games completely miss out is the stock (yes that bit that you hold to your shoulder the CRUSHAL part of the gun that allows you to Aim with less recoil), different Stocks make a huge difference to how a gun handles making it easier to fire from the Shoulder and/or Hip, that’s what how many attachments then ?  7 to 8? So why can you only attach 1 to 2 things in most games?

Did you ever fire a real rifle in your life?

2nd of all the aimers in Modern FPS games when your guns at the Hip, Personally I never got what that was all about, I mean lets think about this logically here in real life when you hold a weapon to your hip does a little aimer pop up in the middle of wear your looking ? if it does I really would suggest you seek urgent medical help because seriously……..that’s not normal & I think you have a problem, why can’t they just make it so you have no sighting and as you play you earn cash and with that cash you can buy a Lazar sighting, then when you have it on there is still no Aimer when on hip but if the lazar pops up on someone you know your aiming in the right direction, another thing I have noticed is that these silly aimers as you move get bigger BUT that’s all just a distraction as you gun doesn’t actually get any worse at aiming it just makes it harder to know were the centre view point is, all I can say to that is Sneaky FPS developers very sneaky way to get out of doing much work, here is a little trick for all you gamers out there who like things easy, get some blue tack find the central point on your screen & stick it there Haha! now what you gunna do Game developers, seriously what ever happened to gun spray? Not everything is about Recoil you know.

Again, Red Orchestra 2
    Go buy it.

Ok 3rd of all & this is a big one especially for me, let me start with asking you a easy question, what year are we in now?............ 2012 that’s what year so why in 90+% of all shooter games can you not play as a female Soldier? Granted game developers a larger percentage of your customers are male but that don’t mean you have to be sexist, there has been female soldiers in the military since WW2, hell the Luftwaffe even had female pilots & that was Nazi Germany so why on earth do you feel then need to keep alienating Women from shooting games? You would have thought in this day & age every shooting game would have the option to play a female soldier, its not as if it’s a hard thing to do ether you simply just change the model you don’t have to change any of the hit boxes or anything because with body armour etc on the hit box for a female character would be the same as a male character.

There is so much wrong in this paragraph i'd need a week of history lessons to straighten it out.
    But I agree to an extent, there is no reason to not have female combatants in an MMS (modern military shooter)
    Well at least for the western countries if you want that extra crisp realism, because muslim countries don't allow women in their military either, also russia (in certain departments).
    Historic shooters dont count either.

Now 4th thing on my list kill streaks & death streaks, ok fair enough I get that people want to be awarded for playing good, I get that, but some of the Kill streaks out there……… are you serious? Since when could a soldier in the middle of battle just pull a little computer in the shape of a briefcase out of there ass & start commanding some Gunship helicopter or some Huge bombing plain, for 1 if this was a real war zone they couldn’t just start bringing in air support straight of the bat because of things like SAM sites etc, 2 a regular soldier or even a agent cant just pull a god dang computer out there ass and start controlling millions of pounds worth of kit, stuff like bombing raids calling in on a area is 1 thing but taking control of something that wouldn’t be in your control in the 1st place is just stupid, and for these games that have things like little Drones that are mini cars or helicopters with explosives, gun’s or Missiles etc etc uuuuuuummmmmmmm sure every soldier carries a little state of the art Drone with them, cant they make Kill streaks realistic or am I missing the point? Cant the kill streaks be like increased health & speed etc as when your on a high you get massive amounts of adrenaline pumping threw your body that can make you run faster or not feel pain etc so that would be feasible, and also a what’s with these death streaks? Ok say the words “Death Streak” to yourself………SERIUOSLY what the hell were the Developers on when they thought that was a good idea? Seriously only someone on shrooms would think that was a good idea but then at the same time that person would be thinking the sky is pink & clouds are green & your mum is a HUGE Turtle, so yes if they were on shrooms then Yes sure that’s a bloody brilliant Idea.

You need to stop playing Modern Warfare, seriously.

Ok 5th on my list is Instant Spawn rates, this is probably the most stupidest Idea in the whole of the FPS universe is one of the core problems of why Modern FPS games are so fast paced & unrealistic, because of Instant spawn rates it makes people feel as if they can just run into battle like a lunatic & not suffer any consequence if they die, and you know why they feel that way? Because they really won’t suffer any consequence for it because 2 seconds later they can just do it all over again, if there was more of a incentive not to die people would instantly start playing more tactically, say if when you die you lose exp then people are not going to want to just run in like a lunatic now are they? Of course not because as they try to do so there is going to be a whole enemy squad there to shoot there ass from here to Timbuktu, just that alone would make the game more of a battle simulator rather then a shooting game, also reinforcements take time to get to the field in real life so why cant they make it that way in a game? If they want to make it realistic you could even have it so Vehicles come to drop off reinforcements at set intervals of the battle, then when you spawn you are riding in the vehicle(‘s) on your way to the battlefield, that way you have timed reinforcements & you have to wait for the vehicle(‘s) to arrive on seen, you just make the vehicle drop off point inaccessible by the apposing team so people cant wait for drop offs (which is actually realistic as you wouldn’t drop off soldiers somewhere that there is 3 or 4 people standing with AK’s waiting to shoot them as soon as they get off).

STOP
    PLAYING
    MODERN
    WARFARE

Number 6 on my list is Perks, now these do & don’t make sense, most perk abilities are feasible like Quicker reload time, Quicker ADS, the ability to knife from a longer distance aka lunge at someone etc etc, the fact that these abilities are given instantly & can be changed at will that’s the completely unrealistic thing, why cant they make it so if you get so many kills with a knife for instance you get better with it or if you Reload a certain gun so many times you get faster at Reloading with the specific gun, even things like less recoil when hip firing or less recoil when ADS can be made so if you kill X amount of people with say the M4 when ADS then you will have less Recoil with that specific gun when ADS, that way there is more character advancement then just simply levelling up, it also then gets people to focus on specific gun’s that they like rather then just switching out to whatever gun takes there fancy like there some super soldier that’s a pro with any weapon in the world.

Next, number 7 injury & limb damage, I noticed that not really any online multiplayer FPS game has even thought to add the fact that in real life your limbs get inured, they all seem to have this recurring theme that “Oh if I lie-down in the mud for 3 or 4 seconds I am going to be right as rain again”, well here is a New’s flash for you, if say I get shot in the leg do you really think I am just going to go “oh hang on a sec I will just take a nap here and then it will all be better” come on seriously of course I’m not at least I could remove the bullet, use something to stop the bleeding & bandage it up then at least I might feel a little better, hell let me pump myself with Adrenaline or some sort such shit if you want me to continue on, if you want to make it so you can start fighting normally again make it so people can learn medical abilities starting with the ability to just to first aid then progressing onward as you deal with Injury more often, & you have to make sure you are carrying the right medical equipment or you cant do anything at all & have to find someone who can help you, that way people that want to carry something else & don’t want to carry a Medkit have to work with other players giving a sense of place & purpose.

Number 8 on my list & my final thing is Weather & Time of Day, In real life weather for instance can play a huge factor in how a battle play’s out, things like rain can lower visibility or things like snow can lower manoeuvrability, also weather problems like Torrential rain or a sandstorm or Gail force winds can turn a battle into a strategic nightmare causing you to take shelter or having to divert around routes to avoid getting trapped, also Time of Day can Hugely change how a battle play’s out lowering or heightening Visibility, causing you to get Exhausted quicker or slower also making Items like Thermal or Night vision more necessary, people might say to me “Oh but some games have maps there are based at night time etc etc” but since when does a battle stay Night time or Day time constantly, why cant a match start at one time of day & progress into another as it continues on, also with times of day such as Dusk or Dawn Visibility can play a Huge factor as a rising or setting sun can play havoc with a scope for instance, this gives a instance disadvantage or advantage to players depending if there facing the sun or not.

I know I am probably going to badly get flamed by many people for all of this but I don’t think anyone can really honestly say that anything I have said is wrong, you may not agree with what I have said but I don’t think you can say its wrong & truly mean it, anyway thank you to all that have read this all the way threw as I know it is a extremely long Thread & I hope that maybe I have made some of you out there think about what I have said. 

No, you just play too much modern warfare, just get a different game.
    Its not like they don't exist

Also please use a spellcheck.

Originally posted by AdamTM

Vietcong?
    Bueller? Bueller?

Lost me right there

Again, Red Orchestra 2
    Go buy it.

There is so much wrong in this paragraph i'd need a week of history lessons to straighten it out.
    But I agree to an extent, there is no reason to not have female combatants in an MMS (modern military shooter)
    Well at least for the western countries if you want that extra crisp realism, because muslim countries don't allow women in their military either, also russia (in certain departments).

STOP
    PLAYING
    MODERN
    WARFARE

1. I dont play Modern Warfare

2. stop reapeating yourself

3. my facts are right about the history

4. I did use spellcheck & there allright by British standard so :P

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Holy mother of giant wall of text!

I mean; I really, really write long posts quite often too, but you beat me to it this time :D

Now about your opinions:

As casual gamer (dont have 5 hours a day to play), thus I appreciate casual-friendly games, even including first person shooters.

I agree with your first & second points, (self explanatory) but come on,,, we are talking about games here.

Seems like they break the ''immersion'' factor to you, maybe in a way that *I* used to think that WOW's ''fantasy levels'' were already exaggerated as it is now, and soon its gonna get worse with pandas. I get it, diffrent things might be deal breakers for different people, but still......

Now about nr 3; a very - very vast majority of soldiers in the world are made up of males, are they not?

Also, please do remember that although the year might be 2012, the world in its entirety consists of much more than just ''the West''. And much of the time  around the globe - gender inequality - unfortunately is STILL an issue.

Henceforth;

You were saying above that the way guns are held in fps etcatera.. are unrealistic, BUT FEMALE SOLDIER *ARE* so much more realistic?

Ok, you didnt say that female soldier are realistic maybe....:p Maybe u were just saying that they should be added as an option.

GREAT! But what if=

*if you like ''the unrealistic feature of female soldiers''

*WHILE I like the unrealistic ability of ''pulling out a computer shaped like a briefcase out of my ass''

Which feature should be left behind, and which one shall we persue? Are my ideas worth more than yours, & vice versa?

Thus I believe that your opinions are somewhat contradictory, IMO.

ALAS, as you have stated; they are YOUR OPINIONS, and you verily have the right to think the way you do.

I just happen to not agree with some of them. All in all-interesting read :)

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Yeah, the closest thing to what you're looking for is ArmA 2. It's not billed as an FPS even... They call it a "Military Simulator". It has almost everything you described you wanted except for a few things that just wouldn't really be practical in a game. Including a Injury system where you can have bleeding, concussions, broken bones and more. There are many different types of medical supplies and you have to use the correct one for the specific type of injury. Injuries can cause blured vision, the shakes, inability to walk or even stand and more. You should check it out. I will warn you though it can be a brutally hard game at times.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Ok 1st of all who ever decided that there was a limited amount of Attachments you can put onto a Assault Rifle? most games these days only allow you to have 1 Attachment & 2 at max ether that or the game will say oh this is how we want you to use this gun & your not aloud to choose what attachments you have on it, personally I don’t see why they don’t allow you to have a real amount of attachments on your Gun?

Because companies do their research and/or hire or have experts come in and explain what *actually* can be done with the real-life weapons they put in-game. If one brand has more possible attachements than another, they just stick to a convention of choosing between the common denominator (2 or so). What happens when one gun has 4+ attachements and others don't? If they add that much to the outcome, they become the *only* choice. What you will notice is that in games like CoD and Battlefield there is no end-all gun, it's a matter of taste and prefereance. Some early ones trump later ones, depending on who has their hands on them. It's not in the same scaling as typical 'leveling;.

& also why are you aloud to just switch between weapons in the middle of a battle just because you re-spawned?

You can change guns are certain locations in some of these games, but not just stting there in the middle of a match to where you can get handed your ass... on the other hand, if you sit at one of these locations while others shoot at you, you're just asking for it anyway. Live fire...

On that note why do FPS games have no death penalties anymore?

Momentum. Why should a winning side get even more steam to roll with?

Older games like Counter Strike when you Die that’s you out till the next Round

People have less patience for that these days.... *shrug*
    There are still game-types that do it.... so.... *shrug*

2nd of all the aimers in Modern FPS games when your guns at the Hip, Personally I never got what that was all about, I mean lets think about this logically here in real life when you hold a weapon to your hip does a little aimer pop up in the middle of wear your looking ?

Because it gives you the choice of firing from the hip or choosing to sight it. Press RMB....
    It doesn't matter if the reticle remains, the accuracy is usually fitting for how oyu choose to assess the situation. You wanna play with realism? Remove the reticle alltogether.

Ok 3rd of all & this is a big one especially for me, let me start with asking you a easy question, what year are we in now?............ 2012 that’s what year so why in 90+% of all shooter games can you not play as a female Soldier?

Because that female soldier, during the campaign mode, would have the kind of overly macho attitude that makes you question if they are even women to begin with. I agree you should be able to, perhaps, choose a female avatar for multiplayer, but lets go ahead and assume it will spark the kind of arguments that companies are trying it AVOID in the first place. This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation where regardless of the outcome - someone is going to bitch about it.

Now 4th thing on my list kill streaks & death streaks, ok fair enough I get that people want to be awarded for playing good, I get that, but some of the Kill streaks out there……… are you serious?

Now *that* I agree with. Adding to the already fervent momentum of the winning side never really made sense to me. I think it's jsut a reward for cheaters to remains being cheaters, at this point.

Ok 5th on my list is Instant Spawn rates, this is probably the most stupidest Idea in the whole of the FPS universe is one of the core problems of why Modern FPS games are so fast paced & unrealistic

Again based on players with no patience to handle the alternative. You'll find plenty of games that have a 30 second+ respawn timer, namely because the host understands the nature of things, but in most other circumstances, it's going to be instant because people complain and leave the game because they get bored THAT quickly.

Number 6 on my list is Perks, now these do & don’t make sense....

All in place to create a "role". I think it works, and everyone wants a little individuality on the field - isn't that why you want female avatars in the first place?

Next, number 7 injury & limb damage, I noticed that not really any online multiplayer FPS game has even thought to add the fact that in real life your limbs get inured...

Because if you were to crawl on the ground, dragging your bloody stumps and have no real chance to remain and serious factor in the fight itself - what is the point in continuing? People would clamor for a suicide button to just end it and start fresh after respawn. This is why all games have regenerating health ala Halo instead of having a pool that requires items left on the ground to recover.

Number 8 on my list & my final thing is Weather & Time of Day....

Now that's a decent point. Fog, rain and snowblind could be great factors.... but you usually only see them in single-player challenges and the main campaign. I have yet to see online multiplayer really do it yet.

I know I am probably going to badly get flamed by many people for all of this but I don’t think anyone can really honestly say that anything I have said is wrong...

Well, some of what you said is because of vanity (female avatars) and other points cry for the sake of realism, then don't take into account that it destroyes "fluidity". Most of your personal qualms with the genre stem from being diametrically opposed to the mindset of the lowest common denominator of players.... you know, the ones the companies care about.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165

You used a spellcheck? Which one, if you don't mind me asking. lol.

Vietcong?
    Bueller? Bueller?

Lost me right there

Again, Red Orchestra 2
    Go buy it.

STOP
    PLAYING
    MODERN
    WARFARE

1. I dont play Modern Warfare

Sounds like you do, going on about the features of modern warfare

2. stop reapeating yourself

Nope

3. my facts are right about the history

Nope

There were never female combat units in WW2 for example.

Women filled either administrative roles, or medical roles.

Even the american WASP program was not combat trained, and none of the women ever flew in a combat engagement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_Airforce_Service_Pilots

4. I did use spellcheck & there allright by British standard so :P

"they're", "british" lowercase, its an adjective.

also "laser" (not lazar), "alowed" (not aloud), "scene" (not seen), "crucial" (not CRUSHAL), etc. im not your english teacher.

Originally posted by Krelian

Holy mother of giant wall of text!

I mean; I really, really write long posts quite often too, but you beat me to it this time :D

Now about your opinions:

As casual gamer (dont have 5 hours a day to play), thus I appreciate casual-friendly games, even including first person shooters.

I agree with your first & second points, (self explanatory) but come on,,, we are talking about games here.

Seems like they break the ''immersion'' factor to you, maybe in a way that *I* used to think that WOW's ''fantasy levels'' were already exaggerated as it is now, and soon its gonna get worse with pandas. I get it, diffrent things might be deal breakers for different people, but still......

Now about nr 3; a very - very vast majority of soldiers in the world are made up of males, are they not?

Also, please do remember that although the year might be 2012, the world in its entirety consists of much more than just ''the West''. And much of the time  around the globe - gender inequality - unfortunately is STILL an issue.

Henceforth;

You were saying above that the way guns are held in fps etcatera.. are unrealistic, BUT FEMALE SOLDIER *ARE* so much more realistic?

Ok, you didnt say that female soldier are realistic maybe....:p Maybe u were just saying that they should be added as an option.

GREAT! But what if=

*if you like ''the unrealistic feature of female soldiers''

*WHILE I like the unrealistic ability of ''pulling out a computer shaped like a briefcase out of my ass''

Which feature should be left behind, and which one shall we persue? Are my ideas worth more than yours, & vice versa?

Thus I believe that your opinions are somewhat contradictory, IMO.

ALAS, as you have stated; they are YOUR OPINIONS, and you verily have the right to think the way you do.

I just happen to not agree with some of them. All in all-interesting read :)

well ty for atleast a considerably constructive reply let me try to clear some stuff up that maybe your takking the wrong way.

1. of course female chars should be a "Option" I hardly want men to have to play a female char if they dont want to.

2. I never ment that we should change the Genre as Fast passed FPS games do serve a good purpose for casual gammers, I just want a bigger market for the ulternative.

3. female soldiers are extreemely realistic compare to pulling a briefcase out your ass, I mean come on lol

4. I didnt claim that all countries have female soldiers but I still dont se the harm of having that option.

5. and yer I know its a game but that dont mean that we HAVE to make things unrealistic just because of that

6. also I didnt say anything about there being even near the amount of famale soldiers to that of male but still no harm in the option as there are plenty female gammers that like FPS games.

if I missed anything let me know

AdamTM I'm not going to argue about this with you, I know there was female soldiers & thats the end of it (also you do know Wiki is a public sight & your not gunna find any in depth Facts on it), I dont care what you say, btw seriusly do you get a kick off people mis spelling things just cus they may or maynot be dyslexic ? maybe your just a bully ? ever considered that ?

Originally posted by AdvancedTech

You used a spellcheck? Which one, if you don't mind me asking. lol.

I used Word, & seriosly what is people beef with spelling ? it reads fine just bloody leave it

BTW to everyone that is refering me to a game I never stated I was looking for a game did I? this isnt a cry for help, this isnt a put down on any game/games this is just a generalized statement of my opinion.

(not trying to be bitchy sorry)

AdamTM I'm not going to argue about this with you, I know there was female soldiers & thats the end of it, I dont care what you say, seriusly do you get a kick off people mis spelling things just cus they may or maynot be dyslexic ? maybe your just a bully ? ever considered that ?

Im telling you because your post is borderline unreadable.

I can take a fair amount of errors, and i dont have perfect spelling and grammar myself either, I also dont care about apostrophes, as you can clearly tell.

This is feedback, for you.

On the internet, how you write, so you are perceived.

PS: you are still wrong on your history.

BTW to everyone that is refering me to a game I never stated I was looking for a game did I?

Their point is that those kinda of games exist, but are as *niche* as they get, only adding to the point that what sells the most is the most unrealistic. Plus, Arma 2 wouldn't even be on the radar these days if not for the whole DayZ mod, which again, is dividing players by their penchant for realism. Some just can't hack it.

AdamTM I'm not going to argue about this with you, I know there was female soldiers & thats the end of it, I dont care what you say, seriusly do you get a kick off people mis spelling things just cus they may or maynot be dyslexic ? maybe your just a bully ? ever considered that ?

Im telling you because your post is borderline unreadable.

I can take a fair amount of errors, and i dont have perfect spelling and grammar myself either, I also dont care about apostrophes, as you can clearly tell.

This is feedback, for you.

On the internet, how you write, so you are perceived.

PS: you are still wrong on your history.

well it obviusly reads perfectly fine as you read it didnt you? lol so if you can read it then its fine just leave it, also I never asking people to come along & start telling me how I should & Should not right MY Thread, francly your being completely off topic & if you dont stop I will report you for abusive behaviuor.

PS: I'm not, you go talk to vetran's from the German, US & UK militaries that can tell you themselfs that there was & then maybe you can talk to me lol

• nateslonateslo Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by Mage_Francis

Wow that's a big wall of text and honestly didn't read it.  Have you played arma 2?  

Read a little and it seems like your souly describing COD, and it's not a "aimer" it's a recticle...

Actually, it's not "recticle", it's a reticle...

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

So...You're complaining about specific FPS modern military combat games....But you don't want to play modern military combat FPS games that actually fit the major issues that you have with CoD and Battelfield type games....

Too,

Their is posessive.  You use "their" when you are refering to a person (Their games suck so much I just might re-install D3).  They're is short for They are.  There has several uses:  As an adverb (he's over there);  A pronoun (There is something wrong with your complaint);  An adjective (That post over there makes more sense); or a noune meaning "that place" (I want to take you there).

Whenever you use the word "a" before a word that starts with a vowel, you should use "an"

You need to use none instead of non, unless that's just what brits use, in which case it is none of my business.

Also, there are female military units in some middle middle eastern countries.

Females still do not take a "combat" role in the USA.  Females cannot join the infantry.  The reason why females are considered to be a part of combat is because of the nature of the modern day battlefield.  There really is no 'behind the lines' when you're in the middle of a desert surrounded by people that think you are the devil and want to cut off your head.

But yeah, I don't get this post.  If you don't like the way those games are made, why are you playing them, or why aren't you looking for games that play the way you want?  I don't get it.

Edit:  Correction, a An adjective would be more like "That post there..."  or "That guy there..." as opposed to "over there."

Originally posted by GTwander

BTW to everyone that is refering me to a game I never stated I was looking for a game did I?

Their point is that those kinda of games exist, but are as *niche* as they get, only adding to the point that what sells the most is the most unrealistic. Plus, Arma 2 wouldn't even be on the radar these days if not for the whole DayZ mod, which again, is dividing players by their penchant for realism. Some just can't hack it.

Once again though I'm not actually asking for some games company to come on here read my post and say "Oh we must make a game like this" now am I? I am simply just making a Point.

Originally posted by zytin

So...You're complaining about specific FPS modern military combat games....But you don't want to play modern military combat FPS games that actually fit the major issues that you have with CoD and Battelfield type games....

Too,

Their is posessive.  You use "their" when you are refering to a person (Their games suck so much I just might re-install D3).  They're is short for They are.  There has several uses:  As an adverb (he's over there);  A pronoun (There is something wrong with your complaint);  An adjective (That post over there makes more sense); or a noune meaning "that place" (I want to take you there).

Whenever you use the word "a" before a word that starts with a vowel, you should use "an"

You need to use none instead of non, unless that's just what brits use, in which case it is none of my business.

Also, there are female military units in some middle middle eastern countries.

Females still do not take a "combat" role in the USA.  Females cannot join the infantry.  The reason why females are considered to be a part of combat is because of the nature of the modern day battlefield.  There really is no 'behind the lines' when you're in the middle of a desert surrounded by people that think you are the devil and want to cut off your head.

But yeah, I don't get this post.  If you don't like the way those games are made, why are you playing them, or why aren't you looking for games that play the way you want?  I don't get it.

1. I dont cus I was never looking for something in the 1st place

2. I have allready siad about the spelling & I was using some words in slang terms (only relevant to my area/country) & if everyone doesnt stop on about spelling I will be reporting all of you

Once again though I'm not actually asking for some games company to come on here read my post and say "Oh we must make a game like this" now am I? I am simply just making a Point.

Then read my take on your points. Some of it should change your mind, and if not, I'm not doing it right...

Then read my take on your points. Some of it should change your mind, and if not, I'm not doing it right...

is it possible you can send me your points in a message ? if your points are that good then you wont mind doing so :3 ty

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202
    Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Everybuddy is entittled too there opinion guys. Bee niece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32p8d6OudgU

But this one is much more instructional and helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdyhxtIZsJc

This discussion has been closed.