Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why doesnt SWTOR use Hero Engines full potential?

kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Hero's Journey back in 2005 were more detailed and indepth than SWTOR...seeing how Faxion and SWTOR are getting the engine bad rep makes Heros Journey ever coming out highly unlikely. :(

Comments

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243

Originally posted by kishe

Hero's Journey back in 2005 were more detailed and indepth than SWTOR...seeing how Faxion and SWTOR are getting the engine bad rep makes Heros Journey ever coming out highly unlikely. :(

For one: they dont have the fan base that SWTOR has

and two: Hero's Journey wasn't planned out as well as SWTOR and had a much lower budget

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

maybe the hero engine is limiting SW:TOR's potential, after all, there is already the issue that their unable to run the game with high rezz graphics, with them being limited to cutscenes only.. not exactly a glowing recommendation for the hero engine at all.image

• GreenKnight1776GreenKnight1776 Member Posts: 57

Hero's Journey wasn't ever coming out anyway, as it's vaporware. However, it remains on MMORPG as a listed game "in development" so the MMORPG staff must know something everyone else doesn't... :-)

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Because I supect nearly of the programmers at BioEA are underpaided, overworked and inexperianced recent college grads?

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Hero engine seems to do small group pve just fine.  Its when you get a lot of players together that the engine shows its weaknesses.

With unreal and gamebryo, im not sure why a reputable game company would use hero for anything other than mabey a dungeon crawler or a single player RPG.

Oh and while the cryengin looks better, i actually prefer hero to it for mmorpgs, aion played just as bad in mass pvp as swtor.  However, after playing Tera which uses the unreal engin, and seeing how they made that gamme LOOK like it was using cryengine...ive become a big fan of unreal.

Im not suggesting its a horrible piece of crap game engine by any means however.

Oh and welcome to mmorpg.com...where games stay in development and beta for YEARS after they die and browser games and non RPG's are considerd mmorpgs...

And dont even get me started with their hype user ratings.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Bear in mind that the HE version in use by EAware is pretty much a bastardized, completely gutted out alpha version. That's why there's no day/night cycles, dynamic weather, etc., and why such things can't be added in later even though the current version of HE supports them.

If I were one of the people in charge of the HE project, I'd do as much as I could to distance myself from SWTOR. It's not at all a good example of what the actual engine can do. Think of it as someone pulling the motor and transmission out of a Ford Mustang and replacing them with those of a Yugo. It might look like a Mustang on the surface, but pop the hood and it's an entirely different story.