Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods is amazing!

PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

I've decided  yesterday to give Allods another try, after a looooong time...  and i must say i dont regret it!

The game has evolved, the servers are merged with decent population, and generally it feels at last ready!

I'm so amazed about the gear variety the mounts and the amazing models/textures of the game... Allods has the best gear models i've seen in a mmorpg so far, and i've played so many of them p2p and f2p! 

the goal of this post is to inform people that Allods is alive! fixed! and worth another try!

*i'm talking about the http://allods.gpotato.com/ version NOT the EU, even if i'm from EU i heard the US version is better and no ping problems*

Comments

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

So it looks pretty?

WoW clone, same quest grind. Suprised at you even liking the game considering your history and whining about other games.

• camil82camil82 Member UncommonPosts: 50

well the game it self may be good, but as long as its managed by gpotato i can only say to everyone avoid the games being managed by that company, they turn everything to nothing, anything they come in touch with. that company is shit, not 

to mention that they are hacking their own playerbase, and their customer service is the horrible if not the most bad  i ve everseen in a game.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

No it is not.  + cash shop in it is atrocious

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by biggarfoot

So it looks pretty?

WoW clone, same quest grind. Suprised at you even liking the game considering your history and whining about other games.

"WoW clones"...are the most games nowdays and im sad about it... but yes, it looks really awsome and its doing a great job filling my mmo "gap" atm... Untill a really good MMO shows up...and i dont know if GW2/Archage will fill the gap, but till then im enjoying Allods and how polished it is...

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

I've decided  yesterday to give Allods another try, after a looooong time...  and i must say i dont regret it!

The game has evolved, the servers are merged with decent population, and generally it feels at last ready!

I'm so amazed about the gear variety the mounts and the amazing models/textures of the game... Allods has the best gear models i've seen in a mmorpg so far, and i've played so many of them p2p and f2p! 

the goal of this post is to inform people that Allods is alive! fixed! and worth another try!

*i'm talking about the http://allods.gpotato.com/ version NOT the EU, even if i'm from EU i heard the US version is better and no ping problems*

untill you get to higher levels and get to see that you have to use the cash shop. that's what I hated in this game the most...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by korent1991

untill you get to higher levels and get to see that you have to use the cash shop. that's what I hated in this game the most...

Well if i go to higher levels and the game worths it... i wont have a problem to pay some stuff... What did u expected...a totally f2p? thats not reality

Well if i go to higher levels and the game worths it... i wont have a problem to pay some stuff... What did u expected...a totally f2p? thats not reality

yeah, to pay "some" stuff... that's exactly the problem.... The game forces you to keep buying more and more items from the cash shop, otherwise you just keep dieing. not to mention the game was a huge hit when it was released and then gpotato tried to milk dry people who were playing (I was one of them), ie. with adding "death potions". They added this debuff after you die which lasted for way too long and reduced your stats for redicilous amount. So if you wanted to continue killing mobs you had to buy it in the cash shop. 

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Allods is a nice game, but - like so often - it is in the wrong hands.

Gpot failed when it comes to trust.

Ireland is a dream, reguarding the laws for such companies.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    yeah, to pay "some" stuff... that's exactly the problem.... The game forces you to keep buying more and more items from the cash shop, otherwise you just keep dieing. not to mention the game was a huge hit when it was released and then gpotato tried to milk dry people who were playing (I was one of them), ie. with adding "death potions". They added this debuff after you die which lasted for way too long and reduced your stats for redicilous amount. So if you wanted to continue killing mobs you had to buy it in the cash shop. 

I believe you're talking about "pefume". When you died you got a debuff that went away when you either waited it out or paid to have it removed with in-game gold or there was a CS item that allowed you to bypass the wait. It was a significant penalty that made you actually want to avoid death whenever possible.

If you have a problem with buying anything with either in-game gold or real money, then I don't know why you're bothering playing a F2P or any other game actually. Do you really expect everything to just be handed to you for free without any means of the people that created the game to earn something?

That particular debuff is now gone, and the one that followed it with holy charms to prevent items getting cursed is gone as well. It's all in-game gold now or just waiting it out upon death even if there is a way to get some from the cash shop if you happen to run out of myrrh and don't want to wait.

imageimage
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

I believe you're talking about "pefume". When you died you got a debuff that went away when you either waited it out or paid to have it removed with in-game gold or there was a CS item that allowed you to bypass the wait. It was a significant penalty that made you actually want to avoid death whenever possible.

If you have a problem with buying anything with either in-game gold or real money, then I don't know why you're bothering playing a F2P or any other game actually. Do you really expect everything to just be handed to you for free without any means of the people that created the game to earn something?

That particular debuff is now gone, and the one that followed it with holy charms to prevent items getting cursed is gone as well. It's all in-game gold now or just waiting it out upon death even if there is a way to get some from the cash shop if you happen to run out of myrrh and don't want to wait.

What makes you think I have a problem with F2P games and expect something to be handed over to me ? Where did I say that?

I don't expect anything to be handed out to me, but I certanly won't play a game which forced me to spend way more money than it's worth.

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

What makes you think I have a problem with F2P games and expect something to be handed over to me ? Where did I say that?

I don't expect anything to be handed out to me, but I certanly won't play a game which forced me to spend way more money than it's worth.

But it does not force you to spend money.

Keep on rockin'!image

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

You can grind the gold for all cash shop items. I've got full level 7 runes now, nothing over the top, but manageable. I'm not improving my runes by spending real money. It's a lot easier to spend the money, but it's not necessary.

imageimage