Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamma is out!

petrolsmellpetrolsmell Member Posts: 16

Gamma expansion is finally out with terraforming, overhauled industry and of course player built settlements. 

"Finally the day has come, when we unleash what we essentially consider as almost a rewrite of the game (considering there's barely anything left untouched in it), and open the Gamma Frontier. This has been a frankly unreasonable amount of work, but having seen some of the things already built on the test servers, I feel it was already well worth it. "

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/2012-06-01-gamma-gamma-hey/

Comments

• SomeDude102SomeDude102 Member Posts: 3

It's what the game needed, now there is actually enough landmass for smaller entities to have a chance surviving out in the wild.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

so explain to me the communities reaction to this.  prior to all this there were free standing towers int he pvp zones that large alliances would hold, and would provide ample resupply and warning to random people who might want to mine some epriton, large alliances would have the island on lockdown more or less, aside from roaming bands of enemy large alliances...leaving the smaller corps and single players left out on mining the important and expensive commodity.

Also it was very impractical for a smaller talented corp to take a tower, since everything stored in it could be lost if they end up losing the tower.

This gamma stuff however sounds fantastic...since the land is by far the best defense...are the larger alliances sticking to  (was it beta) islands or are the gamma islands getting over run by them?

Is the community growing, prior to this it was stagnating a bit, and far below what a game like this needs for its robust economy to show ect

How is the trerraforming?  Are you able to create accurate slopes and inclines to..for instance...restrict entry into an area allowing for only bots with good climbing ability..or is it all or nothing trenches (which would serve good use.

How do you aquire a plot of land..can you take it from others...what structures can be built and can they be destroyed.

From my initial look at this...this might be putting this little game in a whole new league of its own...this is very impressive for an indy studio with a small game.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

This sounds like their original vision for the game. I hope it gives smaller groups and individual players the ability to have a little spot to call their own. That would probably be one of the most satisfying things about playing the game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.