Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: What's New in WvW?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Mike Ferguson has penned a new article on the Guild Wars 2 blog that discusses changes made in the World versus World system since the last closed beta event. In addition, the blog reveals the leader boards for the last event.

Siege weapons have been rebalanced in a variety of ways. Arrow carts now have a slightly shorter range along with a longer cooldown on their skills, and catapult and trebuchet ranges have been extended to be slightly longer than the ranges of cannons and mortars, respectively. Also, you are now able to eject anyone using a weapon you placed into the world by simply going up to the weapon and interacting with it. Finally, we found and fixed a bug that made the damage rings of some enemy siege weapons show up as white instead of red. This should make it much easier to know when to dodge out of enemy cannon or arrow cart fire.

Read the full post on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Cool beans, I think Maguuma was the mmorpg.com unofficial server last event.  Our score was 6-1.  Good job guys!  I assume we are doing maguuma again if it is available for this weekend.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by wormywyrm

Cool beans, I think Maguuma was the mmorpg.com unofficial server last event.  Our score was 6-1.  Good job guys!  I assume we are doing maguuma again if it is available for this weekend.

You are correct! image

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Guess I better get my procrastinating butt off EvE and download that patch!

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

6-1 is not a possible score as far as i know ?

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

6-0 for Sea of Sorrows! gratz Oceanic people!

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

My server Vabbi got 3-3. Although now my guild is moving to a US server, to join an alliance.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

At least we know how busy they've been between BWE1 and BWE2.

Really excited to get back in Tyria, here's hoping I can actually log in right at 3pm EST.

Originally posted by Master10K

My server Vabbi got 3-3. Although now my guild is moving to a US server, to join an alliance.

Were you going? You should join Maguuma image

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by Kuppa

No thanks. The alliance seems to be moving to a poorly ranked server (2-4), to have some real fun destroying Maguuma.

Originally posted by Kuppa

No thanks. The alliance seems to be moving to a poorly ranked server (2-4), to have some real fun destroying Maguuma.

Even fools can dream.....image

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

The Beta Weekend is for pre-orders only right? Anyone know if it is too late to get in on this?

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Laserwolf

The Beta Weekend is for pre-orders only right? Anyone know if it is too late to get in on this?

Actually its pre purchase only, pre order gives only 1 day headstart, i think dev on reddit AMA said that you can buy game even during beta test and get in.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

@laserwolf. you can still prepurchase and get into the beta weekend. several sites also gave away beta keys, so this beta is not only for prepurchasers

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by wormywyrm

strange cause im in maguma and thats erver was up during bw 1 and stress test

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Laserwolf

Last i looked Amazon was giving pre-purchase rewards to pre-orders, including BWE access.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• jkfcjkfc Member UncommonPosts: 42

this is the first time i am playing since i bought the game last week. Yeah i know i am a bit slow, but i was still playing eve. Any way i will try to join that server. Sounds like you guys are having  blast. 

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

WTF is GW2 doin?...i just had to post and say that these new changes are beginning to look like a WoW clone!!!!!

iam  getting very dissapointed how they are starting to dumb down this game before a release!!! wtf are they listening on feedback?????

i have a full list of the changes i have noticed in the uie  that just sucks!!!! they sre stripping down the graphic details in the game-ex. skill window and map!!!!

I didnt think about world of warcraft since first beta- now its starting to navigate like every WoW clone!!!!

Anet!!!WTF u just hired the Blizzard laidoff crew???