Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 Trailer

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Well, that was......short, and not to the point.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SeleniteSelenite Member UncommonPosts: 38

Incredibly disapointing.  I was hoping for something ingame and a note to them- if you make a CGI movie, make sure it   is exciting. This just felt dull and boring.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Character Teaser? It was a F'n cinematic! It didnt show any character reveal at all.

Expect more like this from Zenimax. Tons of very cool cinematic trailers that show nothing of the actual gameplay (ala SWTOR)

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Istavaan

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-the-elder/731159

Was this supposed to excite?

da fuq?

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Character Teaser? It was a F'n cinematic! It didnt show any character reveal at all.

Expect more like this from Zenimax. Tons of very cool cinematic trailers that show nothing of the actual gameplay (ala SWTOR)

It does feel very similar to how bioware promoted Tor with dozens of Cgi movies and zero gameplay.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

That was pretty much nothing lol

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

It does feel very similar to how bioware promoted Tor with dozens of Cgi movies and zero gameplay.

No. The TOR cinematics told the backstory at least.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I liked it, it was a nice little teaser. I liked the ones after as well.

Nice CGI, though ofc CGI cinematics have nothing at all to do with the actual game.

If they were then SWToR would have been awesome.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

No. The TOR cinematics told the backstory at least.

i'm pretty sure the next video will involve a big fight of some kind, just take out the jedi from the Tor cgi and put in the races from ESO.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Stizzled

WTF was the point of that? I sure hope it didn't cost them too much.

Well it was supposed to show us that there will be warriors, archers and mages in this game as well as Dwarves, Elves and Humans.

I would never know if it was not for this trailer ;p

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

The mage had a green fire ball of some sort. I hope the game will be dark and evil, Im sick of these anime kiddie wonder land games that are full of rainbows and unicorns. Slaying fairies and little panda bears is not for me.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Selenite

Incredibly disapointing.  I was hoping for something ingame and a note to them- if you make a CGI movie, make sure it   is exciting. This just felt dull and boring.

Yeah. I hope nobody's stupid enough to think CGI trailers mean anything besides being cool, but this wasn't even that.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Had this video been the first teaser announcement  for TESO people would be going nuts!  Unfortunately, timing is everything and since TESO was already announced a while ago and there have already been several dev posts on it, the teaser seems pointless. It'll only generate excitement for those who are still somehow unaware of TESO's existence.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Pretty useless cinematic teaser, to be honest.

They did, however, also release this interview today, which I believe has better information and visuals:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-interview-stream/731255

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

thats marketing departments..they got no clue how a huge IP done wrong spreads among the gamers and assumed they still needed a hype announce trailer for E3.. ofc they dint expect the game to  have such bad press before it hehe..

• SeleniteSelenite Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by Rohn

Pretty useless cinematic teaser, to be honest.

They did, however, also release this interview today, which I believe has better information and visuals:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-interview-stream/731255

Thank you, that was a nice interview and it was good to see some ingame shots even if the actual combat was not in.

There should be more videos like these instead of pointless CGI. I like CGI movies but you don't have to have them to have a great game.

Even thought for now the game seems kind of "meh" I do want to hear more about it because I want to see how well will function their ideas in the actual game.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

as I watch TESO, and the coverages from E3, it feels like Dejavu. It just  feels so similiar to the way SWTOR was Marketed.

I am taking a huge break from TESO, the more I hear about and not see, its just pushing me further away from it., it just sounds like a typical MMO. Nothing ES about it.

And hearing people getting excited about TESO's Class systems and Race locked Factions, it just makes me sick thinking that they think they are playing an Elder Scrolls game.

Hopefully  when ES VI comes out, Bethesda will be at the Helm and it will have all the formulas and mechanics of an ES game that we all know and love.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

It feels like they've told us nothing at all...

Nothing at all...

Nothing at all...

Stupid sexy Bethesda.