Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Rocket", developer of DayZ mod, told to stop ALL work on Arma3!!!

2»

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Yeah, I saw this coming. The suits at Bohemia would have to be brain dead morons to not see the potential in this mod. It's good to see Rocket get the recognition he so rightfully deserves. He's come up with a total winner here. I just hope he gets all he needs to continue development without the suits getting in the way too much. I'd hate to see his gritty zombie infested vision turned into 'Hello Kitty Zombie Funland' because some suit at Bohemia decided it had to be more 'Accessible'.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• GN-003GN-003 Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by sk8chalif

i understand that he sticking to his own vision. but would be nice to to choose where to spawn on the coast instend of random.

i know its a survival modz and all but playing with friend that what make this game fun, when u spawn 200mille away and just to get to him its take 3 hours running, no thanks.i been playing this mods for a while now. 2 long week and on the 2 week i only played 3 time with them and each time some friend were missing trying to get to us,

trying to reach to a friend for 3 hours its not playing the game. i even killed myself to join them on coast but i end up spawning way to far. kill again and then spawn the totaly at the opposite of the map.. grr lol anyway that my only problem with the game

the rest is perfect nothing should change. even now the game is to easy to my liking,

Three hours of running? Sure, if you're far north and your friend dies it can be a bit of hassle. If you start a new character together, it's not bad at all. I just off myself if my friend dies and vice versa. If you respawned on the coast and still couldn't find your friends, you're clearly doing something wrong then. Everyone spawns on the southern coast, it even tells you what location (be it a city, town, farm) when you log in.

Look at this map: http://teamfackin.com/moocow/dayz/map/

Based on your spawn location, determine a meeting point. There's even a road/power line that runs parallel to the coast that you can follow. I can see why they'd rather not allow you and 10 other people to spawn at the same location at the same time.

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I'm glad to hear this, is Arma3 a big upgrade from 2?

Near photorealism graphics that can run on a decent PC at 30 or more FPS while seeing for MILES off in the distance. 

Good luck! You always need the newest hardware to run Arma.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by dronfwar
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Near photorealism graphics that can run on a decent PC at 30 or more FPS while seeing for MILES off in the distance. 

Good luck! You always need the newest hardware to run Arma.

Yeah I was going to say that, I reckon many of the people playing ARMA2 now for this mod will be playing ARMA3 on low settings if they keep the same hardware.

Having said that, ARMA3 will be out sometime next year? so I assume DayZ will be too, better start saving up for some new hardware!

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Thanks OP image

That bit of news just made my evening. It's great to see the ARMA devs paying attention and letting Rocket do his thing, and supporting that with a team. 

When we're seeing layoffs all over the place and studios crashing and burning, DayZ is fast becoming a silver lining to the clouds around gaming at the moment. 

It's the little mod that could (and did) revitalize a game and prove that positive word of mouth can make something explode outside of its target market. 

More evidence that original thinking can still grab an audience - and it's evidence that's badly needed at the moment. 

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Seems like a good company, hopefully EA doesn't buy it.

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

So far I haven't seen anything exciting. Graphics will get upgrade but they aren't really problem. Poor AI, no good gun control, lack of realism (they should really take ACE as base for realism), vechile physics, etc. I'm actually glad they push Dayz out as own product and not blend down ARMA as it's, a true army simulator. Personally I'm finding much more fun playing dynamic zombie generator map with friends than Dayz since all problems getting on same server. Hopefully they can solve these problems when it's not just mod anymore, also hopefully they finally get control of server admins that kick players to let friends in.