Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: Razer Produces Awesome MWO Peripheral

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Razer has just published a new computer peripheral that will surely help MechWarrior Online players to take the fight to the game in a whole new way. Called the Razer Artemis, it is, according to the official site, inspired by battlemechs and is considered a "console" that will give users an edge.

The Razer Artemis concept controller is a console that features a custom, futuristic design crafted exclusively for MechWarrior Online, inspired by the devastating BattleMechs that dominate the Inner Sphere. This is a concept design we crafted from the ground up, with the sole purpose of putting you directly in the cockpit of your favored hulking behemoth.

Check out the official MechWarrior Online Razer Artemis page for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

ZOMG !!!!!!!!!!

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Throttle looks like crap.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

So I cannot detach the joystick or the throttle from the console? 

I'll make my own then, thanks :/. User flexibility is product 101, and this seems to be nothing but a gimic to which I am deeply saddened :(!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Ummm.. yes i think they need to beef up the trhottle a bit but still.. OMG i so want that one. Not sure where i would put it when not using it. but om my god do i want it.

Ofc it is a gimmic... Henche the word concept. It is not realy practical more a fun/insane toy to turn heads and make headlines.

This have been a good conversation

Originally posted by tawess

Ummm.. yes i think they need to beef up the trhottle a bit but still.. OMG i so want that one. Not sure where i would put it when not using it. but om my god do i want it.

Ofc it is a gimmic... Henche the word concept. It is not realy practical more a fun/insane toy to turn heads and make headlines.

Right but the problem is that a "gimmicy" product produces more negatives than positives. Sure it looks nice, but function is more important over looks for mechwarrior pilots :)!

If they allow the retail product to detach and function seperately with the center console as the "hub base" for the other two pieces I'll squee like a schoolgirl. Then i'd need to make my own custom desk to hold everyone for some real MechWarrior pew-pewing :3!

• yarubpupyarubpup Member UncommonPosts: 33

Sorry I got spoiled by the fully integrated cockpits down at Navy Pier when I was a kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech_Centers

Originally posted by yarubpup

Sorry I got spoiled by the fully integrated cockpits down at Navy Pier when I was a kid.

Agreed :3!

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    Originally posted by yarubpup

I understand but we have http://www.vgcorps.com/ here in Dallas to provide us with pods to get in but I am really liking this for home use.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Looks like Razer skipped on the ergonomic considerations for this one.

• khelbonkhelbon Member UncommonPosts: 124

OoooooOOOooOo...Shiiiinnnyyy....Erm bet it breaks in a week!

J/K

Does look kinda cool though.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Since I first played MechWarrior on my mac Power Mac 7600 I dreamt of a controller like this.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

A little behind the times if you ask me.  Capcom already had this covered nearly a decade ago for console systems.

http://www.swotti.com/tmp/swotti/cacheC3RLZWWGYMF0DGFSAW9U/imgSteel%20Battalion6.jpg

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Just FYI... 

MWO is F2P.... BUT there is a cool founders pack going on there.  $60 bucks gets you $80 worth of spending.  It also gets you a title, a special mech, and 2 months of premium bonuses.  The launch looks to be in July.

• kipicbloudkipicbloud Member UncommonPosts: 10

hope there is a way to just get the controls, and not bother with the center screen. I DO NOT have enough real estate on my desk for all that, good grief!! T_T

• InfinityDInfinityD Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Just FYI... 

MWO is F2P.... BUT there is a cool founders pack going on there.  $60 bucks gets you $80 worth of spending.  It also gets you a title, a special mech, and 2 months of premium bonuses.  The launch looks to be in July.

Paying for the founders pack. Paying for the control. I might just find thier address and start mailing them money.

• MalevianMalevian Member Posts: 48

Reality - World of Tanks + Mechs = No thanks.

• MalevianMalevian Member Posts: 48

[mod edit]

I've actually been in the beta for Mechwarrior.  The reference would be to the standard arena combat.  Select a mech and drop in to fight.  There is a lot more customization when it comes to the mechs which isn't a bad thing.  With an IP like Mechwarrior, they should have done more.  Even back in the late 90's with MPBT on Gamestorm and AOL (Yes, the days of dialup gaming) there was more.  MPBT actually had the houses involved with each faction trying to establish dominance even tho customization wasn't available.

The new Mechwarrior is a game like many others out there with a different skin.  Tribes, World of Tanks, Blacklight, etc.  There is no actual substance to the game 

Back when Airwarrior and Legends of Kesmai(Islands of Kesmai) were and still are near and dear to me. 

Truth be told, I was a child of the 80's.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

So I cannot detach the joystick or the throttle from the console? 

I'll make my own then, thanks :/. User flexibility is product 101, and this seems to be nothing but a gimic to which I am deeply saddened :(!

Welcome to Razer products.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Looks like Razer skipped on the ergonomic considerations for this one.

Hehe, yup.

It looks kick ass and probably immersion enhancing too in more games than just MWO but locking the stick to the rest of it seems a recipe for aching wrists and elbows.

If you could detach those components and shift them around on your desk for optimal positioning it would be much more ergonomic and suitable for lefties too.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Nerds.

hatin' on everything.

"meeeeeeeEEEH! user flexibility is KEY! EEEEEEEEEH!"

its a cool looking controller.

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

MEH, ill just stick with my setup. I have the same controllers as the pic but a different chair, pretty much the same setup. I have the playseat accessories that I bolted to my favorite office/gaming chair except the joystick is between my legs vs on the right side. I had to tweak the setup a little to attain a centered joystick.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by khelbon

OoooooOOOooOo...Shiiiinnnyyy....Erm bet it breaks in a week!

Well, not necessarily...the old flight-sim joystick lasted longer than the games equipped to use it did.

What would concern me is how many players who ever used a joystick are still alive.  Not much sales for this peripheral.  :)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

If a mouse from Razer costs $129, what in the world would this thing cost?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ShadowMajereShadowMajere Member UncommonPosts: 20

The pieces do disconnect from each other. I remember seeing that either from the video about the Artemis or somehere on the concept/discussion page with razer on its Development. What I would love to see is that LCD screen in hte middle Be touch screen for cock pit controls/weapons selection or other states based on the controller. The controller yes designed for MWO in essence, is also being designed for other mech games that are supposed to be coming out according to the Razor Dev team. As for the STeel battalion shout out above, Love that Controller so much :) To bad they F'd up Steel battalion for the 360 and put it to that Kinect Garbage. But those of us who like new toys, will wind up buying the Atermis, I just want if there going to put a decent tab on it (which most likely they will) for them to get involved with it. With how cheap todays Tablets are, there is no reason you can't make that LCD Badass thats on it. Afterall if its going to be replacing my Saitek X 65 or my older x52, they better make it look worthwhile 

• CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

i already bought a logitech joystick for this game :P