Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: New Blog Outlines Patch 1.03

2»

Comments

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by Dragim

And not gaurunteeing that rares drop off of bosses? LOL I can't remember the last time I even got a rare from a boss, if I recall, all they ever drop is blues.

Right now when you have 5 stacks you 'always' get at least 2 yellows from bosses. Are you even playing inferno or have a level 60 character? You would never have made that statement if you had.. unless you farm bosses without getting 5 stacks.

I guess I just don't farm bosses, seems I just play the game as it is.  Maybe I am just doing it wrong.  Just started act 3 inferno, maybe I just am not far enough yet, or perhaps don't get into games where people want to hunt for these mobs to get stacks THEN hit the bosses.

I guess it is good to fix it then.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Evenhope
    To be honest. The worst thing about Diablo (and the series in general) is that the game is designed around replaying the same content over and over again. Sure the maps are randomly generated, but not in any profound way that youd feel already you haven't done this before. Diablo 3 technically does it better, but since lots of us have already spent a stupid amount of time doing this in D2 it's really quite futile to do it again here. Which is why many people are already feeling they've done all they can with D3 and are moving on. We wanted more, but what we got was a nicer looking version of the same thing :-/

D3 does what better? Outside of minor graphical improvements, I have yet to find anything "better" about D3.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• davinci179davinci179 Member Posts: 13

I do not understand people complain games are to easy then if something is challenging they cry it is to hard. The highest difficulties in the Diablo series was always challenging. As far as item drops being rare, again that was always the point the of this genre of game to repeat the content over and over again farming the equipment. Seems like people just do not want to play games anymore they just want to be giving everything before they start. 

• lisaroblisarob Member UncommonPosts: 93

what makes me laugh is these people who think thay have dumbed it down.

Go play hardcore finish inferno or please keep from saying anything 

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Dalgor

Best items ingame can drop in inferno act 1 now, first easy mode engaged

5 Stacks of NV( which takes about 15 minutes to get and is basicly perm once you get it unless your a lazy hoe ) now gives even more rares then it used to, second easy mode engaged

Nerfing Act 2-4 Inferno to be in line with ACT 1, third easy mode engaged

Nerfing Monsters increased damage with more players in the party, so now they have more life, but are still weak as shit, fourth easy mode engaged

Now, all that looks terrible to me, but Im not saying the whole patch is bad

Changing attack speed could be good or bad, I have not ever noticed an issue with it, so I dont see why they are doing this, but it could come out better then it is, only highly unlikely.

Lowering the prices on the Artisans, awesome, I only craft or find my gear, real men play without the AH.

Increasing price on death at 60, heck yes, I would love to see another money sink to stop all this gold inflation people are trying to do. Anyone who complains about this needs to go to Hell, get NV, and spend about 15 minutes running around and you'll have over 100k.

But in the end, those good things, plus whatever minor stuff they change that wasnt mention wont make up for the nerfs, allowing best items to drop in act 1 very rarely sure, the rest didnt need to happen.

What is NV?  I am only in nightmare with both my charaters but I clear every area out of everything and that means everytime I log back into the game I have to clear all the area's in the act I am in.

Sooner or Later

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

I hope they genuinely are only smoothing out the inferno curve, and not just simply making the whole thing easy for the fucking WoW bears to farm.

Diablo NEEDS a very, very hard difficulty that will take a long time to master. This was all Diablo 2 was lacking.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Adam1902

I hope they genuinely are only smoothing out the inferno curve, and not just simply making the whole thing easy for the fucking WoW bears to farm.

Diablo NEEDS a very, very hard difficulty that will take a long time to master. This was all Diablo 2 was lacking.

They never said they would and they won't, as it would kill their own game along with the RMAH!

They are only addressing the insane spike damage some mobs give out that one shot you left and right.

Having mobs one shot you, due to spike damage impossible to counter, except for the range classes, doesn't make a challenge! It turns it into a frustrating chore.

Every class should be able to overcome Inferno, not just the ranged classes.

• Greenthum6Greenthum6 Member Posts: 2

I welcome all these changes. Having farmed inferno act 1 for days to able to start act 2 it is great to hear that top-level items will drop in act 1. And yes, show us the ilvl.

Act 1 feels just right now. In many groups my teammates will drop like flies for tough champion packs and I keep kiting spamming hydra & blizzard waiting for others to respawn eventually downing the mobs. First try in act 2 was a total bee slaughter while equipped with 60 rares. A little nerf will do good there.

• trembulanttrembulant Member Posts: 101
    Originally posted by Dragim

Here comes the WoWification.

Infenro is too hard? LOL, more like still a bit too easy.

And MORE rare drops? Give me a break, there are way to many already.

And not gaurunteeing that rares drop off of bosses? LOL I can't remember the last time I even got a rare from a boss, if I recall, all they ever drop is blues.

It is too bad the game is starting to go downhill already and become so easy :(....

Not sure if serious.

Farmed Act1 Inferno far weeks now, have ok gear ( don't use the AH) but have a sense of what's needed to progress in the game. Act 2 is virtually impossible - for all purpose unless people are running through it skipping elite packs it's way over diffucult. Not is a sense of taking skill, it's just mobs do to much damage for the gear you are able to obtain from Act 1. Certain packs have combinations that are just rediculous and not very well implemented to force the player to use strategy other than running or using cheap hacks to kill them.

Some mobs in Act1 with certain combos are this way as well. I'm a Monk with 43k health, 4 Heals two Damage Shields - up to 15k + damage and 760 life per hit and 450 resist and get near one shotted. It's Unbalanced. Loot drops i would say are fine - as in the amount - and while 90% of it is crap, it feels about right, still have been able to find pretty good gear after doing runs up to the Skeleton King about 500 times. Beyond that the damage curve of the elite packs up to the Butcher ( who is easy ) is way to increased, i tried it today yet again after getting even better gear in the last two nights and got killed almost instantly by the first pack.

I welcome these changes so far. The difficulty curve needs to be addressed. I want it to be hard - really hard, but not frustratingly stupid.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by trembulant
    I welcome these changes so far. The difficulty curve needs to be addressed. I want it to be hard - really hard, but not frustratingly stupid.

I welcome them as well! Hard core L56 Wizard with 33K HP was almost not enough to escape a Frozen, Arcane Enchanted, Jailer and his pack... And that was in Act 1 Hell. Escaped with less than 200hp. In Inferno I wouldn't even have had time to cry...

So this HC player wants these drops and difficulty chsnges if i plan to see Inferno IV this century.

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Adam1902

They never said they would and they won't, as it would kill their own game along with the RMAH!

They are only addressing the insane spike damage some mobs give out that one shot you left and right.

Having mobs one shot you, due to spike damage impossible to counter, except for the range classes, doesn't make a challenge! It turns it into a frustrating chore.

Every class should be able to overcome Inferno, not just the ranged classes.

I see.

I'm not actually up to Inferno yet, 10 more levels to go will be there tonight. Does this spike damage apply to solo games too?

Because they're getting rid of the damage increase in groups, combined with smoothing out the inferno drops. Wouldn't this alone make it easy enough, without actually adjusting the mobs base damage too?

Suppose we'll just have to get grindin' and see for ourselves!

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• FyronovaFyronova Member Posts: 36

Still no mention of offline playability? Hmm...

• Greenthum6Greenthum6 Member Posts: 2

I don't think there will ever be any offline mode. That would enable cheating because all the number crunching would be done at client side and sent back to server later. If offline mode would be added, offline chars would be permanently offline and without access to AH, stash or achievements etc.

Almost everyone of you reading this have internet. There is just too little demand for offline mode. I haven't experienced any difficulties online. In this kind of game economy can be destroyed very easily and I accept excessive DRM to keep the game balanced.

If you are in a place where internet is not available I think you should enjoy the situation and do something more fun than playing video games.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Fyronova

Still no mention of offline playability? Hmm...

What makes you think they are ever going to allow you to play D3 offline?

Making you sign into Battle.net and the AH should be all the clues you need to know to realize D3 will never been an offline game.  They did this to stop the massive hacks that where all over D2.

I would not count on Blizzard making D3 offline anytime soon or anytime at all really.

Sooner or Later

• dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by Vocadi

Im mostly looking at the changes to attack speed and wondering if this was really an issue for alot of folks. Were people finding it overpowered? Or was it an issue because of attack speed combined with the reflect damage on mobs owning people?

I am suprised to hear that rares drop off bosses. I have only seen them on the first play through of each boss, never had a rare drop off one since. I thought that was intended to prevent farming. I must be really unlucky I guess...  :/

No you just haven't reached lvl 60 and farmed inferno

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

People are missing the basic problem inferno had.

Act 1, 2 ,3 4 are levels 60,61,62,63,

You couldnt get gear for act 2 unless you were in act too, but you needed gear from act 2 to even survive the farm to get the gear to do act 2, hence the need to use the auction house. the only classes that could muscle through the acts were ranged, and they were doing so used canned cookie cutter builds. which went against the promised design blizzard had, which is, every build is viable, which it currently is not in the curret state of inferno.

Having gear over lap makes sense, it shouldve been like that from the start. the other stuff jut seems excessive. no need for garunteed rares and shit like that.

I just want to farm my gear, i dont want to fuck farm gold to buy my gear, which is what ive been doing the last few days.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I have been playing D3 a little but most of these updates to drop % and shit is way over my head.  Really guys this game is not that fun, why are you so obsessed with gathering up gear?

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Dalgor

They're startin to give in to the whiners

Nope. They're just preparing for the mass exodus of players once Torchlight 2 comes out. :)

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Blizzard wants you to play through the whole game. They want you to explore and look for elite packs for Neph buffs. 

They don't want people to simply farm a boss the entire time for drops. 

Im playing through Act1-2 Inferno. I clear both acts over and over. When i finish act 2 i start Act 1 again. 

I get my gold, gear/recipe drops and a challenge because you never know what you will face around the next corner.

I can't imagine how boring it must be to do nothing but farm The end bosses of each act over and over... THey never change. Might as well go back to WoW and Farm static dungeons.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• PoopyStuffPoopyStuff Member Posts: 297

The fact that there's this much controversy about d3 just shows you how lack luster of a game it is.

They removed so much of what made diablo great.

The list is endless of the stuff that was stripped out...      They sold a bunch of copies on the diablo name, when you take a real hard look at the game mechancis of this game, its a step backwards from diablo 2 that's for sure.

The sad thing is, the sales did so well, that diablo and what it means is now dead.