Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favourite MMO mouse

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

So whats your favourite MMO or GW2 mouse?

This is mine, the Razer Naga, for those that can handle the 12 extra buttons, its just perfect for MMO's and espescially for GW2.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

That's what I use on my main system. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171

Not sure about the Naga, I was considering the Logitech G700 I like the idea of a wireless gaming mouse with plenty ergonomic buttons. Anyone have any experience of it?

• zinnikeyszinnikeys Member UncommonPosts: 45

Have a Naga too. Absolutely love it. Every game since I bought it over a year ago gets re-keyed  :)

Hell, I'm playing D3 onehanded.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

that just doesnt look comfortable at all. The G700 is better but still looks so awkward.. I am sticking with my MX518, GW2 doesnt need all the extra buttons. Heal goes to the back button(5 or 6.. I forget), then pehaps elite on forward and the rest is easily accessed through normal gaming keyboard hand placement. I suppose it also matters what utilitiy skills you use though.

Originally posted by maniacfox

Not sure about the Naga, I was considering the Logitech G700 I like the idea of a wireless gaming mouse with plenty ergonomic buttons. Anyone have any experience of it?

You can go wired or wireless with the naga. 

My experience with wireless mice has been a negative one.  Problems in game when clicks don't go off, battery issues and such made it not worth it.   The  mouse click problem was from the first wireless mouse I had years ago and the technology must have improved since then.

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• dorksmetaldorksmetal Member Posts: 77

i have used the same Hello Kitty wired mouse for 5 years.. never had a problem!

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

i was useing this but it died in the stress test http://sandiotech.com/sandio_product.php now i am back to normal mouse

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

I dont care for the Naga products. I think the buttons are to crammed in.
    I prefer the G700.
    This mouse can be both Wireless and Wired, so best of both worlds.
    13 Programmable buttons make it a great mouse for any MMO.

G700 Gaming Mouse

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Krimzin

I dont care for the Naga products. I think the buttons are to crammed in.

Took me some time to get used to, but now i have full controll with quick reaction over 9 of the 12 buttons to the side. The other 3 require repositioning of the hand, so they are used for less important things. Combined with the keys on my G1`5 keyboard there is more then enough keys available for quick actions.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by MercAngel
    i was useing this but it died in the stress test http://sandiotech.com/sandio_product.php now i am back to normal mouse

I could not get used to that mouse. I really liked the idea of the joysticks, but it just didn't feel right. I had the first version though...the back/forward buttons were behind the thumb joystick which made them nearly unusable. I keep it on my desk either just in case I want to try it again or to remind me that not everything I think is cool is actually cool.

I've been happy with the Naga 12 button mouse. However, if the recent trend towards fewer active abilities continues, I might have to try the Razer Naga Hex.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Naga Hex is good but Razer's drivers and customer support are horrid.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

I love my Logitech G700.  Plenty of buttons for FPS games and MMOs.  I can switch between multiple gaming profiles on the fly with it so if I want to play an fps and need sensativity adjustment ingame I can go with that profile. If I am playing an RPG/MMO then I can switch to a profile for that since I don't need the sensativity adjustment and now I have the extra buttons for something else. It's wireless but the wire that connects into the mouse is nicely done and stays put. Best thing about the wireless aspect of it is that the battery is just a rechargable AA battery. You can just put your own rechargable AA's in it to extend battery life and switch out mid-game.  I had an old G5 and got used to the feel of it and the G700 was a natural fit for me. I like a little weight to my mouse.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Best mouse, ever:

Originally posted by StrixMaxima

Best mouse, ever:

Which one is that?  It looks like an updated version of my old G5 (it only had one thumb button).  I loved that thing!  I wore the sensativity buttons out playing Battlefield 2 and now they are just grey buttons lol.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Still playing with a worn down, wired Logitech G5 but it simply won't die on me and keeps being comfortable and smooth. Never had a mouse last so long like this one. Must be thousands of hours of abuse.

If I ever end up having to survive a post apocalyptic wasteland in real life, I'll probably take it with me to use as a flail or something. It's about time I replaced it but I really have no reason to, apart from the limited amount of buttons.

I've got the same kind of first world problem with my car: a Subaru that just refuses to break down. I'd love to get a newer one one day but I can't get it over my heart to change it in yet :)

Originally posted by Blitz555

Best mouse, ever:

Which one is that?  It looks like an updated version of my old G5 (it only had one thumb button).  I loved that thing!  I wore the sensativity buttons out playing Battlefield 2 and now they are just grey buttons lol.

G517, great mouse, i had it for 4 years previous to my Naga.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

It's the MX518. Yes, it is an offshot of the old GX series. Good stuff, made to last.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Razer Diamondback. HOMG It only has 7 buttons. I'ma get thrown out of the cool kids club.

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Best mouse, ever:

ya this one of the best out there.

Originally posted by stromp45
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Best mouse, ever:

ya this one of the best out there.

It just died on me after 4 years, the cable somehow got broken inside.

Good topic! I'd also be interested to hear what keyboards/gaming pads everyone else here uses. I've been out of the loop for a little while and I'm interested in mechanical keyboards (are they worth it?).  

• InsomniaxxInsomniaxx Member Posts: 1

After Razer Naga, Razer Hex, Logitech G700 and many others I love my Roccat Kone +.

Best mouse, ever:

mx518.  Mine died and had to be replaced.  great mouse!

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

mx518 is my mouse but im gonna buy a Logitech G700 tomorrow. xD

my choice was betwen razer naga and G700 but after read some problems with razer built quality i choose G700. 3 years warranty is great

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Originally posted by maniacfox

wireless gaming mouse

That's an oxymoron.

-----

Two days ago, someone made this thread in the GW2 forum:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/353184/POLL-Best-MMO-mouse.html

It got moved because it's obviously inappropriate for the GW2 forum.  So now it only takes two days for someone to make exactly the same thread here again?  And this one isn't appropriate to move, either, because there's already exactly the same thread near the top in the forum it would be moved to.