Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamespot interview with Paul Sage

FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Seemed like more of the same here, they are being tight lipped on alot of what the game will hold so far. He did mention that it will have 200 characters on screen, twice actually, since yesterday he said 200 online lol.

He touched on more lore about back story and what is going on in the world at the time this game is taking place. They showed I think it was the same video that was released already with no gameplay just a world fly through.

He mentioned that dungeons will be hard and alot easier if you find a group, I'm sure you could solo them but he said they are geared for 1.5 people. Not sure if this is Open dungeons or Instanced dungeons.

Not much about pvp except what we already know.

He did mention stuff about vampires and werewolfs only that they were working on something to tie that into the game also. Didnt give too much info other then what we been hearing. Keeping a tight lip for the most part.

Beta in 2013, so I will keep my eye on them and hope I can get into Beta. 

Comments

• RophezRophez Member Posts: 46

Let me repeat what you said - confirmed in today's interview: 200 players on screen.  Not per server.  Not per zone. I'm only pointing this out again cause people jumped all over him for using the wrong noun yesterday, and it feels nice to rub their noses in it.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Link?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Originally posted by nilden

Link?

It was a livestream - gonna have to wait till they (or someone else) posts a recording on youtube or something.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

You know... Brain Surgeons get paid to operate on people brains.

Developers get paid to develop.  

If the guy can't ensure he correctly articulates information about his game, he should not be allowed to be the spokesperson FOR the game on camera.

I'm glad they corrected their mis-speak.  It would be un-wise of us to assume though that it WAS misspeak until they correct it.  History has proven that.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Rophez

Let me repeat what you said - confirmed in today's interview: 200 players on screen.  Not per server.  Not per zone. I'm only pointing this out again cause people jumped all over him for using the wrong noun yesterday, and it feels nice to rub their noses in it.

most of us smart ones knew it was a typo. Thing is what happens if I walk into your screen and I am player 201 but the other guy is looking at a different angle and I am player 101.

never the less, they are still massive f8ck ups anyway

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

To be honest I will be surprised if they get enough players in the game where more than 100 players on the screen at one time would ever happen.

Note for those less sharp: No I dont mean 100 players on the server or the instance but the 'screen'. question of course is 'which screen?'

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by nilden

Link?

You can go onto gamespots website and watch the live stream then rewind it to about 4:40 and its the start of the interview. The world looks awesome, the dungeons looks pretty cool also. Can't wait to see some 3 faction PvP and hear about the crafting, which he didnt answer the crafting question.

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

most of us smart ones knew it was a typo. Thing is what happens if I walk into your screen and I am player 201 but the other guy is looking at a different angle and I am player 101.

I imagine when they say they are making the client to handle 200 on screen, they mean that it would be stable and playable with that many.  As you go past that #, depending on your computer's hardware, you'll start to see lag and framerate degradation.

It's not that hard - just think about it before you speak.

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

I imagine when they say they are making the client to handle 200 on screen, they mean that it would be stable and playable with that many.  As you go past that #, depending on your computer's hardware, you'll start to see lag and framerate degradation.

It's not that hard - just think about it before you speak.

actually I suspected that is the case too but I am taking it on what they are saying.

What you and I are thinking about its actually 'possible' to have MORE than 200 on the screen at once. But as it is Zenimax like in all things they speak about are f8ck ups and in the end the players seem to understand the game mechanics better then they do.

In other words they should have said

'its possible to have 200 players in one small battlefield without any lag issues'

rather than

'its possible to have 200 players on the screen at once'

People with programming background understand what the second statement means but the first is being more clear for the general population

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

If they're using the HeroEngine, I wouldn't be surprised if it really is only 200 per zone.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• OntblodOntblod Member UncommonPosts: 195

Vampires!!

Im onboard now.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Ontblod

Vampires!!

Im onboard now.

They are a NPC Monster that you fight. Probably have some mage like "life drain" spell they use.

Same with Werewolves

You cant BE one

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

If they're using the HeroEngine, I wouldn't be surprised if it really is only 200 per zone.

It's been said MULTIPLE times, NO HERO ENGINE! It's a template engine used to help move things along, while they develope their own, sheesh :)

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Vampires!!

Im onboard now.

They are a NPC Monster that you fight. Probably have some mage like "life drain" spell they use.

Same with Werewolves

You cant BE one

You don't KNOW that.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Wolvards
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Vampires!!

Im onboard now.

Same with Werewolves

You cant BE one

You don't KNOW that.

Uh, yes I do. They have already said that you cant become Vampires or Werewolves.

They are NPC Monsters

What kind of changes will there be compared to the former Elder Scrolls Games

• TES Online will be seen from a third person perspective, and skills will be activated from a hotbar.
    • Fights will no longer be in real time. See PvP play above.
    • Presently, there are no plans to include a system that allows players to invest in property as they could in the single-player experience.
    • Marriage and relationships will be confined to inter-player relations, rather than arrangements with NPC characters.
    • Players will be unable to contract Vampire and Werewolf diseases, but there will be Vampires and Werewolves in the game.
    • You will not be able to fast travel from any point of the map, but fast travel will still be available. Travel from wayshrine to wayshrine to get around Tamriel. Wayshrines will also be the places you come back to life after being killed.
    • A new AI system will be used for all NPCs. Instead of everyone going to sleep at night, NPCs will not have the same schedules as older Elder Scrolls games. This was done to allow people to play on their own time.
    • Public Dungeons will be returning to the MMO scene. These dungeons are not separated from the rest of the world. They're designed in a way to allow groups of players to team up and work through the caves or ruins.
    • Mundus Stones will be set throughout the world, each with specific constellations and powers tied to them. Find one and activate it to tie the powers to your character.

As for the "life drain" spell, yes that is speculation, but thats what the vamps in Skyrim use so....

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)