Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 this year- the most ridiculously noob catered atrocious piece of garbage ever created

13»

Comments

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

I'm curious to see how Wii U does. Nintendo HAS failed in the past quite often for those that missed it (Virtual Boy, Game Pad, Game glove, the stupid Robot...good god I could go all week...), but they've also had fantastic success in systems like the GB, N64, GBA, DS, and Wii. Wii U oon paper looks like a horrible idea, but a few years back I was laughing at how stupid the Wii looked. Guess which is the ONLY console system I currently own? Funny how that works. Nintendo has proven time and again if they can make fun, compelling games, it doesn't matter HOW weird the platform is.

All in all, E3 this year has been...meh. A few good titles (Last of us, Beyond, Watch Dogs, etc), some pretty hefty disappointments, and a lot of NOTHING from some of the big developers.

• ace5572ace5572 Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

This is mmorpg.com.  What don't we consider a miserable failure?

Its not our (the gamers) fault that  literally every game made now is just a cash grab. Of course we're going to be mad and complain about it. Because most of us here grew up with MMOs that were actually art.

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by warmaster670
    Originally posted by Scalebane

People think Nintendo will fail everytime and they are proven wrong every time, as long as it is cheaper then all other consoles and focusing and games for younger people parents will snatch it up first before any other consoles. 

Yup, they sure succeded with the gamecube...oh wait, last place witht eh crappiest lineup.

Why are you ignoring the Wii, with which they had a huge success up to the point that they even surpassed PS3 and X360 for several years?

As for the E3 show, it had Beyond and The Last of Us, which both look to be something spectacular for their target audience.

As for the other things, well, gaming market has slowly moved from the hardcore gamer audience to a mainstream audience, sucks for hardcore gamers, but that's the way it is. We'll see how things work out for them, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Originally posted by ace5572

Its not our (the gamers) fault that  literally every game made now is just a cash grab. Of course we're going to be mad and complain about it. Because most of us here grew up with MMOs that were actually art.

Funny thing, the thread wasn't at all about MMO's, that's why it's in the gaming section, yet the complaining apparently remains the same as proven again. Looks like he got a point image

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by ace5572

It's not really that there's more crap on the market these days (the percentage stayed the same), but there's just more games in general. Also in a strange way making AAA games has become an risky business. (with games costing like milions of dollars to make) Thus we get games that don't take any risk and as a result seem dull and uninspired (which they ARE!).

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

so true lolz

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by cutthecrap

People think Nintendo will fail everytime and they are proven wrong every time, as long as it is cheaper then all other consoles and focusing and games for younger people parents will snatch it up first before any other consoles. 

Yup, they sure succeded with the gamecube...oh wait, last place witht eh crappiest lineup.

Why are you ignoring the Wii, with which they had a huge success up to the point that they even surpassed PS3 and X360 for several years?

As for the E3 show, it had Beyond and The Last of Us, which both look to be something spectacular for their target audience.

As for the other things, well, gaming market has slowly moved from the hardcore gamer audience to a mainstream audience, sucks for hardcore gamers, but that's the way it is. We'll see how things work out for them, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Becuase its irrelevent? that would be a good reason to ignore something.

"People think Nintendo will fail everytime and they are proven wrong every time"

unless somehow having the weakest sales AND library makes your console not a failure then no one was proven wrong every time.

Theres also teh fact that the wii sucks, bigtime, you could sell 100 billion of them, wont make the software linup or console not suck.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

QFT.  Which makes me wonder what's wrong with me that I hang around here.  It's certainly not because it's a positive or inspiring environment.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by channel84

Among the big three's presentation, i'm only moderately impress by microsoft's. Their xbox 360 eco system is becoming quite impressive and complicated and the coming window 8 is just opening too much possibility...much more than the Wii U imo.

Like?

I'm seriously interested but suspect it will be all gimmicky like the Kinect system.

Which is off course aimed at the same audience as the Wii and Move; elderly women and children and people not interested in "real" games in general.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

E3 is the biggest waste of time, I don't even consider myself a gamer after that if they think that's what gaming is. Rap music presentations, women dancing, the same violent FPS game developed by 10 different companies, and casual games that can't even get control schemes right. Honestly I have no place in this industry if people continue to buy into this shit, I used to make jokes about how Call of Duty had killed the industry but after seeing E3 this year it's proof. Every single game at E3 was Call of Duty, and no one can dispute that. Everything was a first person regen health ADS shooter. 

Stop buying this shit people, please. 

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by just1opinion
    Originally posted by SuperXero89 This is mmorpg.com.  What don't we consider a miserable failure?

QFT.  Which makes me wonder what's wrong with me that I hang around here.  It's certainly not because it's a positive or inspiring environment.

QFT +1

Sometimes I log on here and 5 minutes later I'm saying to myself, "what was I thinking?" lol

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

E3 is pushing consoles.

Consoles are moving to sub contracts.

Most AH will now be RMTAH.

They are trying to weed out PC gaming but they can not make games yet to even come close to utilizing a PC ability, but they completely control your gaming enjoyment with consoles and this is what they want to do.

Originally posted by Thorbrand

E3 is pushing consoles.

They are trying to weed out PC gaming but they can not make games yet to even come close to utilizing a PC ability, but they completely control your gaming enjoyment with consoles and this is what they want to do.

Truth.

They want everything to be a 'service'. A controlled environment where they can sell you whatever they want, and you can't find it anywhere else because you're using their service. They realized now that there are actually people retarded enough to pay a monthly subscription for Call of Duty, and that changed the industry in a heartbeat. 

Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

Originally posted by LizardEgypt

stop buying games you like! only buy games i like and approve of!

Really get over yourself.

Get over yourself, you're not special enough that you can ignore a discussion and turn it against a single person. 

• ThemehosptalThemehosptal Member Posts: 48

I don't know much about the event itself, but there were some impressive games at least!

Beyond Two Souls, Watch_Dogs, Tomb Raider, Assassin's creed 3, Devil May Cry & The Last of Us.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

that said i felt the nintendo conference was better then all the other, even though it was pretty much blah E3

I agree, but want to point out just because people "buy" something does not make that something quality.  I've been with Nintendo since the old school electronic flip book games. NES was innovative being one of the first to get rid of the joystick, introduce the gamepad and took video games out of its demise (I believe) created by Atari.   SNES to me was the epitome.  Awesome graphics (for the time), great collection, excellent IP, the list goes on.  Cant forget Gameboy and bringing cartridge-changing mobile gaming to the market.

But N64 was a huge dissappointment.  Titles for the most part were lackluster.  Zelda OOT was one of the saving graces, but not many more.  Gamecube had promise, but didnt impress.  RE4 was remarkable though.  Then came Wii.  I applaud them for trying to do something completely different and introduce gaming to waggling but find it sad that Microsoft (and PS3 to a certain extent) outdid them on their own creation.

Nintendo is a shell of their former glory still kept alive by thier immortal IP.  But I dont see them ever returning to their former glory unfortunately.

As a fan, Ill check out the Wii U and its library but low confidence it will be anything exciting at least for me to play.

:-(

Get over yourself, you're not special enough that you can ignore a discussion and turn it against a single person. 

Who heres trying to tell other people they shouldnt buy games they like because he doesnt like them?

Ya, thats what i thought, so again, get over yourself.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

E3 is pushing consoles.

Truth.

They want everything to be a 'service'. A controlled environment where they can sell you whatever they want, and you can't find it anywhere else because you're using their service. They realized now that there are actually people retarded enough to pay a monthly subscription for Call of Duty, and that changed the industry in a heartbeat. 

That was actually the entire point of the X-BOX project.  Bill Gates could care less about games.  But he felt it was a way to get penetration into the living room which he believed the next Tech War was going to be waged.  If I'm (microsoft conosle) is the first thing you see when you turn on your TV, you are more likely to 'stay' there allowing me to control how/where you go. Hence more apt to buy/play Microsoft games (over say another console).

SONY quickly followed suite with PS3, and now see Nintendo jumping on with Wii-U (notice how it will supposedly allow HULU, Netflix, Youtube services).

I know we were talking about adding IPTV to XBOX back in the early 2000s.  Where you could have custom sized windows, each displaying a different channel.  We even went as far as working with AT&T to develop the settop box.  But those were my former years...

Today, I dislike the game as a service because it takes away my right to play something I purchased at a later time.  I love how today I can play Super Metriod on my laptop or cell phone bringing back old memories.  I like nostalgia that way.  But with the way things are going today, once the vendor "pulls' the service you will never see that game/content ever again.

For better or worse, I will never be able to experience SWG and form my own opinion for or against.  Thats a sad day in gaming in my eyes.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Epicent

All the shows so far have been ATROCIOUS. I'm so glad I switched to PC gaming a few years back. RIDICULOUS they can actually sell this rehashed GARBAGE and people eat it up over and over. I predict a Wii U flop. What do you guys think?

Really? why make a topic about something you dislike? Would a topic not be allot more intresting towards other gamers if you would share what you DO like.

Myself not intrested in Nintendo stuff so I do not pay attention to things from Nintendo.

What has peaked my intrest is in no particular order:

FarCry3  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-far-cry-3/731513

AssassinsCreed3  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-assassins-creed/731439

Hitman Absolution  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-hitman-absolution/731395

Last of Us  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-the-last-of/731523

Tomb Raider  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-tomb-raider/731521

Beyond Two Souls  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-beyond-two/731134

Star Wars 1313  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-star-wars/731437

Sleeping Dogs http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-sleeping-dogs/731509

Star Trek http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-star-trek/731572

Lucius  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-lucius/731590

Dishonored  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-dishonored/731269

Elder Scrolls Online  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-the-elder/731255

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Lol. So true

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Tomb Raider, ftw.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307
    Originally posted by Yalexy

Watch Dogs was probably the only game that has peaked my interest so far. And the demo was shown on either a a PS3 or Xbox360, if we believe the reports -> http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=66217

Don't forget about The Last of Us. I wouldn't mind playing Wii U but I won't be buying it. Looks fun though.