Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 this year- the most ridiculously noob catered atrocious piece of garbage ever created

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by punkrock
    I dont understand end of gen thing. They said the ps3 would still be going on in the next 2~3 years with new games etc. Are they lieing? was thinking of buying one.

I wouldn't say they are lying. New games will definitively keep being developed for the PS3 for 2-3 years or so. It will take a while before developers start developing for SONY's new platform (codename rumored to be Orbis). They didn't make any mention of the new platform (let alone hint at it) this year, so I'd say it's still safe to buy a PS3 (they're about $250 nowadays and you still have great titles coming out every year).

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Ubisoft is showing a lot of promise. The rest of it was very 'meh'.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

The last time E3 was any good was when the Dreamcast was at its peak. Ah man, that Sega booth at E3 2000 was heaven.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Ubisoft is showing a lot of promise. The rest of it was very 'meh'.

Bren

i flushed Ubi down tha crapper and never again will i buy a title from them since they closed shadowbane servers down

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I liked the models they had, E3 looks to be mostly for consoles though. But the girls in tight outfits are for everyone.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

This is mmorpg.com.  What don't we consider a miserable failure?

lmao so true

• RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115

Actually, I was really impressed by the Ubisoft presentation. Far Cry 3, AC 3 and Watchdogs looked cool and interesting to me. Will probably buy those games. So I don't share your overall negativity. 

As for the WiiU: I don't give a shit about it to be honest. I don't get why having a screen in a controller is so cool. If I am playing games I want to be immersed in the game world and keep my attention at the main screen, not having to look away from it at the screen in my controller because I have to do mini-games or something...

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

I thought the Nintendo Presentation was appauling. Did not sell me any interest in buying a Wii U at all.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by Zekiah

I take it you didn't buy this year's hypE3?

Well played. image

E3 is too much bluster and bs and soundbites. Eg I just watched latest pre-beta vid for FTL and that is much more interesting than most of the E3 gargantuan console or AAA publisher announcement about fiscal figures and projections of success. "We know what are customers are going to buy" type of statements perhaps.

As to the Wii U. I think a lot of the recent development of hardware is taking note of people with their big tvs atst messing with smartphone or tablet screens - This was reported somewhere, and combining this with "console style gaming experience" + internet/connected tvs + this behavior of people. So think Wii U is trying to "Nintendize" this space. It's up against other networks and OS eg Windows, Apple that are invading the tradtional console + tv space.

Not sure, but Nintendo has surprised before, but atst, depends what the others are doing and how they are doing it eg iPads are already in this space for comparison.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

*HUGE GRIN*  All too true.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Only watched a few presentations so far and it was far from ATROCIOUS.

- The Last of Us

- Beyond

- Watchdog

I'm currently downloading the Nintendo presscon.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

It was ok.  Microsoft always sucks, Sony is always just OK and does anyone watch for Nintendo news anymore?  My issue is....where are all the MMORPG news blips and unveils?  Seems very non existant this year, save for SWTORs scramble to try and save face. 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

This thread is an amazing example of 'not the target audience'.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

Who knows, I am sure the Wii U will be quite a hit. The Wii sold like wildfire all over the world and I am fairly sure with the HD equivelent developers will surely start to release major titles on it. Lets just see.

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by DarkPony

Just posting to say I like this thread's title.

Deduct the semantic null buzzwords, and there's not really that much left.  Still, it is an impressive collection of overused forum cliches.  Two thumbs up.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by Reskaillev

Wow..was it really that bad :O (didn't see it)

Maybe we will finally get some decent improvements if a lil bit more fail is introduced!

Indeed.  A great culling is needed out there.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

I watched Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft press conference.

I was amazed by the sheer amount of violence, the Microsoft conference might as well have a screen covered in blood to show off their games.

I liked Beyond and some Nintendo games were casual but kind of cute.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

this! I have yet to see a single game that nobody proclaimed a failure.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Scalebane

People think Nintendo will fail everytime and they are proven wrong every time, as long as it is cheaper then all other consoles and focusing and games for younger people parents will snatch it up first before any other consoles. 

that said i felt the nintendo conference was better then all the other, even though it was pretty much blah E3

300 dollars for a handheld overhyped piece of crap controller known as the wii u isnt alot? wtf ever.

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by Warmaker
    Originally posted by Reskaillev

Wow..was it really that bad :O (didn't see it)

Maybe we will finally get some decent improvements if a lil bit more fail is introduced!

Indeed.  A great culling is needed out there.

I'm still waiting for that matrix plug in...but this "family friendly" bullshit ain't gonna cut it :(

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by BrokenSpoon

Who knows, I am sure the Wii U will be quite a hit. The Wii sold like wildfire all over the world and I am fairly sure with the HD equivelent developers will surely start to release major titles on it. Lets just see.

remember the 3ds and how everyone thought it would be a hit? then remember the crap sales and the massive price drop to 169 dollars. 300 dollars is to much for any handheld. BOTTOM LINE.

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

LOL so true!

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by Scalebane

People think Nintendo will fail everytime and they are proven wrong every time, as long as it is cheaper then all other consoles and focusing and games for younger people parents will snatch it up first before any other consoles. 

Yup, they sure succeded with the gamecube...oh wait, last place witht eh crappiest lineup.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.