Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

General: Wayback Wednesday - Diablo 2

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,619MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

In our latest edition of Wayback Wednesday, we take a look at venerable Blizzard powerhouse Diablo II. Take a walk down memory lane and see if you remember the good old days!

Last week on Wayback Wednesday we strayed from the norm and played a game that most would not consider a true MMO. I did refer to it, however, as a MiniMO, because of the online and LAN based multiplayer. With the hype surrounding the current smash hit Diablo 3 I decided to go back and show where the roots of this game developed. Let’s take a look at Diablo 2.

Read more of Robert Lashley's Wayback Wednesday: Diablo 2 Edition.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• NickraiderNickraider Posts: 123Member Uncommon

Great fun game! I fear the anti-mmo mob will soon start crushing this article though...

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Lexington, VAPosts: 279Member

Diablo 2 is wayyyyyy better than Diablo 3. 

-I am here to perform logic

• ScyfoScyfo TownsvillePosts: 7Member

I bought Diablo 2 ages ago, I really should check it out! :)

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff Writer St. Charles, MOPosts: 460MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon
    Let me know. Ill play some D2 with you.
  • GundaGGundaG Blue Bell, PAPosts: 5Member

Amazing game.. I left it once and for all, though, after the hacking and exploits really started to take over.. Went to EverQuest and never looked back.  I'm playing D3 now, and it seems good, but not as immersive as D2.  Then again, I was about 11 when I played D2, and it scared the bajeezus out of me.

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GundaG

Amazing game.. I left it once and for all, though, after the hacking and exploits really started to take over.. Went to EverQuest and never looked back.  I'm playing D3 now, and it seems good, but not as immersive as D2.  Then again, I was about 11 when I played D2, and it scared the bajeezus out of me.

Yeah, maybe it's because I'm older, but Diablo 3 just doesn't scare me at all.  I can remember several times in Diablo 2 when I ran around a corner and a mob was there and it scared the crud out of me.  A couple of times I screamed lol.  I thinke Diablo 3 should've had a closer up camera like diablo 2 had.

• ZekiahZekiah Aurora, COPosts: 2,499Member
    Originally posted by Theonenoni

Diablo 2 is wayyyyyy better than Diablo 3. 

Agreed. Such a great model to build from and they jacked it all up.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky