Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The games graphics are nothing like WoW its way more like GW2

jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

How can anyone think this game looks like WoW? If anything I think it has a very Lovecraftian, gritty, avant-garde style. It will revolutionize MMO's with its attenion to detail and realism.

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

It looks about dead in the middle of WoW and Rift..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

You say that and then place a picture with a broad shoulderd orc who has most of his bodymass in his upper torso in the middle of the image?

I think we're getting trolled.

In comparison, relate it to the orgs in Elder Scrolls games. Sure, they are bigger, but (in part because of game mechanics) they aren't dramatically different in body or scale from the other races. Nords for example are about as husky as any orc you would run by.

Even Rift seemed to be better about scale than WoW or the models in that picture.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262
    Originally posted by Deivos

Even Rift seemed to be better about scale than WoW or the models in that picture.

I really think the scale is dead on, I mean the game hass only been in production for a mere 5 years give it a break ok? Im just glad they didnt use the Hero Engine so they could really capture the breathe of beauty that is this Elder Scrolls series, this game is really sticking to the IP and Lore as you can see from this fierce action shot.

I get so overjoyed when I look at this picture, its like the sword is just resting in the cat-mans hands even though its so much bigger than the cat-man himself. Anyone else ready to roll one of these bad-boys? Im just glad theres three strict factions so ill only have to see elves grouping with my cat-man...

...No stupid orcs, or lizardmen, or humans, why would a catman even group with any of these other races anyways???? It just doesnt make sense with the lore of Elder scrolls for them to be able to group up anyways!!!!!

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

It looks about dead in the middle of WoW and Rift..

That how I see TESO graphics

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Look at the green shirt and how it reflects light. Is that smooth leather, silk cloth, cleverly disguised chainmail, or plastic?

Edit: Image stopped working for some reason. Grabbed another.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Originally posted by jiveturkey12

I really think the scale is dead on, I mean the game hass only been in production for a mere 5 years give it a break ok? Im just glad they didnt use the Hero Engine so they could really capture the breathe of beauty that is this Elder Scrolls series, this game is really sticking to the IP and Lore as you can see from this fierce action shot.

I get so overjoyed when I look at this picture, its like the sword is just resting in the cat-mans hands even though its so much bigger than the cat-man himself. Anyone else ready to roll one of these bad-boys? Im just glad theres three strict factions so ill only have to see elves grouping with my cat-man...

...No stupid orcs, or lizardmen, or humans, why would a catman even group with any of these other races anyways???? It just doesnt make sense with the lore of Elder scrolls for them to be able to group up anyways!!!!!

Honestly the fact that the Khajiit are part of the Aldmeri Dominion confuses me. Given they have their own cultural caste and pantheon, it conflicts with the Aldmeri Dominion's secondary goals past, well, dominion. Also that photo tells me nothing really about  how well they are sticking to the lore. It just looks like a Khajiit crouching on a rock.

And as another thing, think what you want. That doesn't change the facts about what I mentioned in the first post and picture you put up. I can't comment on the Khajiit there since it's a crouching photo, but the Orsimer feller is very blatantly stylized beyond Elder Scrolls tradition with his scale.

And the average lifecycle of an MMO in development is five years. Even with some flexibility assuming they are pusing for the next couple years in a release, that gives them plenty of time to have worked out many of these issues and ideas.

If I was to get nitpicky I could start poking at the mass of the armor on the Khajiit in that picture. The fact that it looks like the central armor is flat to a narrow body and then the extra bits are inversly hulking. Armor bracers that look to double the width of their arm, shoulders that look to lump over as a large mass, etc.

Again, even while some armors were notably bulky in Elder Scrolls games, they weren't ever so disproportionately so.

Fact is this game is highly stylized. It was their intent to cut down the performance required and as a result a shift in aesthetic style that pushed the game towards what people now gleefuly refer to as being WoW-like.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

After watching the footage from E3, I think I like the graphics. They remind me Kingdoms of Amalur more than anything. I think the enviroments look really nice. As long as it's not a WoW clone in disguise, I'm sure I'll give it a shot.