Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

diablo 3 inferno mode too difficult

13»

Comments

• ProfRedProfRed Duluth, GAPosts: 3,511Member

I made it through with around 15 million gold in gear or so.  Not tooo bad.  I farmed it all in a week and now I can make it.  I am a DH though.  My Monk is almost 60, and I spend half my time leveling her and the other half farming gear for her on Whimsyshire Inferno.

It takes time.  You have to figure out what works in different areas and make a build and gear for that build.

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,211Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ProfRed

I made it through with around 15 million gold in gear or so.  Not tooo bad.  I farmed it all in a week and now I can make it.  I am a DH though.  My Monk is almost 60, and I spend half my time leveling her and the other half farming gear for her on Whimsyshire Inferno.

It takes time.  You have to figure out what works in different areas and make a build and gear for that build.

I agree it's hard especially for melee. That balance issue needs to be addressed. It's not as hard as Blizzard made it out to be. Or have people forgotten already? They said they didn't expect anyone to have finished it in a mont and people are finishing it even without using exploits. 

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 bristol, NYPosts: 136Member

i have since quit my 60 monk, im leveling a dh and wizard.

d3 is harsh on melee class, this is the game for kiting mobs.

diablo 3- worldof rangecraft.

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,966Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Graey

For the people stating skill is the key to success.

Tell me how so? I'm on Hell mode at the moment, and I have every intention of beating nightmare as well. I can understand the difficulty but I see no skill envolved. It really is just grinding gear. Whether you buy it from the AH or you get some very lucky drops, its just getting better gear. There is no skill in that, its just time investment versus reward.

Please do not say its skill beacuse it's really not. There are no bragging rights in this game, and for that matter what are bragging rights anyway a what 0.5 sec glitch in your mind in which you think people outside yourself actually care that you beat the hardest difficulty in the game. I'm making my way through Hell difficulty same as nightmare, same as normal. A few tweaks here and there and I'll do the same to Inferno. And Yes I know inferno is way way harder than the hell so I'm prepared for that, but its not at all a skill based thing.

V/R

You make it all sound so rather pointless, makes one wonder why you are bothering to do it at all?  image 

(Why I left gear grinding games behind years ago)

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IrishChaiIrishChai St Louis, MOPosts: 529Member Uncommon

Just want to point out that it may be hard for melee, but definitely not impossible. I've only played a monk so far, and I love inferno difficulty. It's exactly what I expected and hoped for, but as previous posters stated, you need to take the time to find a good build and gear balance or it will be unreasonably difficult. That's what ARPGs are about though. You need to farm the difficulty right before you get wtfpwned until you can handle it or learn how to beat it, and that means in part to get much better gear until your skill + your gear overcomes the obstacle that stopped you, whatever 'obstacle' in play that might be.

(edited to clarify last sentence)

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,606Member Uncommon

As a 52 barbarian... I hate those frigging bees in ACT 2! I'm built and geared for everything else but I hate those suckers...just saying :)

• Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYPosts: 2,426Member

I like that inferno is challenging. If it was easy I would have it cleared and then what?

Playing:

Waiting on:

Originally posted by Iselin

As a 52 barbarian... I hate those frigging bees in ACT 2! I'm built and geared for everything else but I hate those suckers...just saying :)

I generally love the difficulty levels, but I still admit there are some elite traits combined with others that just get insane. I depend on the ability to just reset the map sometimes. I have to laugh though... when I see that I've aggroed a couple different elite groups with multiple traits like fire-chained, invulnerable, electrified, nightmarish (chain fear), and that trait with the purple rays of death all together at once, I run away like a little girl... and still die a couple times just trying to stun and run. It's pretty funny. Sometimes I just take my hand off the mouse and /facepalm at the pve pwnage.

Someone needs to make a game where all you do is throw the hardest mobs you can at other players to try and wipe them. I think there was this older game that had that idea but nothing recent that I can think of.. Hey... maybe that's why Diablo 3 requires an online connection! They are probably doing this to us in real time and laughing their ass off at us.

• BanaghranBanaghran HuisoPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by Z3R01

I like that inferno is challenging. If it was easy I would have it cleared and then what?

Grind gear to DOMINATE it, or be able to play it with a normally sub-par or crazy build.

That is the item game, the current one is a progression game :)

Flame on!

:)

• KuppaKuppa Boulder, COPosts: 3,292Member Uncommon

Lol, first its too easy now its too hard. They will probably nerf it though....

• IstavaanIstavaan CorkPosts: 1,350Member

i don't care if its too hard i just want it to be possible to solo. i play single player games on my own.

• druezdruez Kingwood, TXPosts: 27Member

Imagine trying this on hardcore.  I'm not that there yet, but playing hardcore adds another whole oh crap factor to every encounter.

Originally posted by druez

Imagine trying this on hardcore.  I'm not that there yet, but playing hardcore adds another whole oh crap factor to every encounter.

I really don't know if I want to even attempt it. I just accept dying in inferno right now. It's like Dark Souls. It's hard and you will die, a lot, but I'm fine with it as long as I can keep trying from the last save point or stop and continue it later. I think losing everything is where I would lose my patience and toss my computer like a frisbee. Everyone has their limits.

• sibs4455sibs4455 manchesterPosts: 357Member
    Originally posted by druez

Inferno Belial was killed yesterday by a Hardcore player.

Hardcore is very popular in d3 even more so than d2, Blizz just needs to fix a few exploits though.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member

Inferno difficulty is coming down in 1.03 .. for act 2-4.

Inferno Act 1 is fine. With decent gear, i kill the Skeleton king and Butcher with one try. Elite & champ packs are ok as long as I am careful. In fact, i switch from a safer kiting build to a slightly faster dps one (still kiting base) and was doing ok.

Act 2, OTOH, is much more difficult.

• BanaghranBanaghran HuisoPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Inferno difficulty is coming down in 1.03 .. for act 2-4.

Inferno Act 1 is fine. With decent gear, i kill the Skeleton king and Butcher with one try. Elite & champ packs are ok as long as I am careful. In fact, i switch from a safer kiting build to a slightly faster dps one (still kiting base) and was doing ok.

Act 2, OTOH, is much more difficult.

Variability of play :)

Flame on!

:)

13»