Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Zeni Max Releases New Trailer for E3

Comments

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

i c most people with 0-3 stars commenting that the trailers are fail sauce and the game is fail from get go because of it..

those are the same people that are too lazy to read or do any research on the game ...i know its hard for some to even watch someone speak about the game ...but watch this link..its much better and a bit more detailed..other than OMGONOZE NUT ANOTUH CGI TRAILR fail

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-the-elder/731254

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by heartless

Some in-game footage.

Because single facepalm in not enough in this case.

Gotta love how they show everyone in the community as being super excited and positive.. Complete bullshit

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by odinsrath

i c most people with 0-3 stars commenting that the trailers are fail sauce and the game is fail from get go because of it..

those are the same people that are too lazy to read or do any research on the game ...i know its hard for some to even watch someone speak about the game ...but watch this link..its much better and a bit more detailed..other than OMGONOZE NUT ANOTUH CGI TRAILR fail

Ive actually seen the majority of trolls being "elite" members, interesting that you'd say this.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

The gameplay footage is even worse than the CGI trailer. Have you seen the character models? It's like WoW and SWTOR had a baby and it inherited the worst traits from both parents.

And what do stars have to do with anything anyway?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by QSatu

If they want to hype the game they should make better trailers. That was incredibly weak.

Agree with u there. sigh

hopefully they won't hype they'll take Arenanets approach and be factual and transparent about the whole thing.

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

What does the amount of posts a person has have anything to do with this at all?  I'd wager a lot of people who don't post do just as much lookin' around as some that do.  You, sir or madam, just pulled things out yer butt and presented it to us.  We don't want to see what came out of your butt.  

That is all.

The gameplay footage is even worse than the CGI trailer. Have you seen the character models? It's like WoW and SWTOR had a baby and it inherited the worst traits from both parents.

ok? so your saying that the game is fail even tho no1 has yet to lay hands on it nor play any beta

the stars comment has to do with mostly..but not all people loging on just to bash / troll every game that has yet to release

imo char models look like WOW ..so what..landscape looks good enuff 4 me to look / feel like TES...if this game is released and plays like vinilla wow id be happy...and with 3 faction pvp would make it even better..less questing rails is a +

and for the people complaining about grafix make me lol@them ...cuz we all know grafix over game play is what everyone wants ..right? lol

im sry to all the fan boies this isnt yur every year release of TES you play on xbox or PC ...but they will still keep makeing those so stop crying..

ok? so your saying that the game is fail even tho no1 has yet to lay hands on it nor play any beta

the stars comment has to do with mostly..but not all people loging on just to bash / troll every game that has yet to release

imo char models look like WOW ..so what..landscape looks good enuff 4 me to look / feel like TES...if this game is released and plays like vinilla wow id be happy...and with 3 faction pvp would make it even better..less questing rails is a +

and for the people complaining about grafix make me lol@them ...cuz we all know grafix over game play is what everyone wants ..right? lol

im sry to all the fan boies this isnt yur every year release of TES you play on xbox or PC ...but they will still keep makeing those so stop crying..

I'm saying that the game is fail because it's has absolutely nothing that makes TES games what they are.

And for crying out loud, try to type in something that at least resembles English. You're not texting. The content of your posts doesn't justify the effort needed to interpret them.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I am a big fan of the Elder Scrolls games, but they should stick with the rpg design, their MMO design is a loser in my mind.

I also think if we see the game in 2013, it will be very marginal.  MMO's take a lot longer to make than that.

• SpaceflowerSpaceflower Member Posts: 25

I'm amazed over how many trailers that are made where the focus seem to be on displaying the title and who's making the game, instead on the game itself. Well done, yet another one.

on the other hand I think it's wise for them NOT to build up a huge hype on this one, atleast not yet.

"Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves
    never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart! "
    - Cheshire Cat, American McGee?s Alice
    ------------
    Room For Improvement

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

I'm saying that the game is fail because it's has absolutely nothing that makes TES games what they are.

And for crying out loud, try to type in something that at least resembles English. You're not texting. The content of your posts doesn't justify the effort needed to interpret them.

Amen. That was seriously painful to read. I think my brain may have atrophied a little.

Sadly though, he's a prime example of the lowest common denominator that most mmo developers seem to try and appease (as it doesn't really take much effort to do so), and Zenimax is obviously no exception.

The announcement of this game, and the subsequent details presented with it, was a sad event in gaming history for me.

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57

Tbh another SWTOR failing is good for us. It should *eventually* send the message that we're sick and tired of these themepark clones.

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

I see the following things this MMO does NOT have that Elder Scrolls games typically do:

1) High End Graphics - I am fine with this, especially for an MMO. For PvP, I'd rather have a good ping and my settings on low anyway, just to be sure my machine isn't the problem. I actually liked the way it look. Some of it looked like it was straight out of Obilivion and then polished a bit more to me.

2) Mixing among factions without limitation - This one is iffy from a lore standpoint, and I can understand the concern. But on the flip side of that coin, I can see why they would do this in a 3-faciton PvP system, not just from a lore perspective, but also as a balance mechanism, even if it's a small one. You'd be surprised how some people will not play a certain faciton or race based on looks alone.

3) First Person, Action-Oriented Combat - Again, I have ZERO problem with this. This is fine on a single player MMO where I don't have to worry about ping, and as I get older, I tend to not play games that require excellent twitch skills with no recourse. FPS' s and me don't get along. I have however, tried Darkfall.. I didn't stick there long because it had..

4) Limitless Killing, Full Loot - The one thing I am always astounded by is the false bravado of some board warriors. Not only would half of them likely ragequit at some point, the ones who shout the loudest are typically the worst at it, and bring out the worst in a community when they bitch and moan when someone takes their stuff. Need proof? Go look at Darkall. Go look at Mortal Online. Go look at old UO posts before Tram. Look at the range of execuses, complaints, and just plain ass-hattery there is in those communities. Now you want to bring that to Elder Scrolls? Can't imagine WHY they wouldn't chose to do this.

There is plenty of exploration from what I understand from their interviews. Quests are doled out a bit differently (not playing or really following GW2, and quite frankly, don't care if it's the same.. ESO has been in development for 5 years, wonder how long GW2 was...), there are supposedly lots of things that don't come up on the map until you find them, and open dungeons like the old DAoC days are back!

I also like what many missed in the CGI trailer - Did you notice they were breaking down a door with a battering ram? Could it be siege like in DAoC? Hoping so, but we'll find out.

The one big thing I'm waiting to see/hear more about is the class system, or skills, and how they work. If I can make my Heavy Armor, Sword and Board Nord with a bit of Resto to back me up, I'll be very, very pleased.

I don't hate ESO for what it isn't. I am chosing to wait and see if I like it for what it is. And so far, for me, it sounds promising.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by alacres

Amen. That was seriously painful to read. I think my brain may have atrophied a little.

Sadly though, he's a prime example of the lowest common denominator that most mmo developers seem to try and appease (as it doesn't really take much effort to do so), and Zenimax is obviously no exception.

The announcement of this game, and the subsequent details presented with it, was a sad event in gaming history for me.

That's a pretty rude thing to say, calling someone a lowest common denominator. The haters are out in force on this game, who blew the signal horn? I'm not sure if you're familiar with this coming reference, but three horns should be for trolls, not white walkers!

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

Originally posted by Wolvards
    Originally posted by alacres

That's a pretty rude thing to say, calling someone a lowest common denominator. The haters are out in force on this game, who blew the signal horn? I'm not sure if you're familiar with this coming reference, but three horns should be for trolls, not white walkers!

it does not bother me ..lol i type as i plz could care less

but my i was right ...and sence when was thinking "out side of the box" a bad thing ...isnt that what alot of people were complaining about?  why would you want  **more of the same or a **part 2 / 3 / 4

i for one hope it plays as good as it sounds but as i said b4 mmo's promised things to us b4 and went another direction..im looking at you TSW

• VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177

Epic youtube video about Elder Scrolls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuzc4jgwlT8

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

I will wait until I have seen some extensive game play footage and perhaps even play myself before jumping on the hate wagon.

Judging by many of the most negative comments above and some of the most misinformed posters, TESO's community would be better served if many of these people keep their promiss and never ever play it.

Sad fact is the haters will still play and despite their already bias opinions do everything possible to convince everyone else of how right they are.

Some of the most negative critics here are never, ever going to find an MMO that will meet their expectations.

If every game stopped development and came here to get this communities list of must haves and expectations they would never get out of development. By the time they implimented all the things people ask for expect, another 5 years will have passed and the expectations will have change again. MMOs are not build overnight, they take years to build. Some things are just not able to be changed without starting the whole project over again.

The games we play today or tommorow, or next year will be projects started years ago....in technology terms now is old already.

Well disregarding what the last troll said he made a solid point- this is not supposed to have what all the other TES games had, not sure what it will take for you people to realize that.  In a way, Im actually glad they aren't using classic ES elements because thats what makes the single player games so great.  You think warcraft fans were dissapointed when they realized WoW wasn't going to have RTS elements in it? Please, stop comparing single player elements to an MMO and be happy the ES name is being printed on an MMO, maybe while your at it do some research and you may see what the game is bringing to the MMO table, since this is a forum that deals with MMO's.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

You can't tell people that.

Its something like common sense, you can't teach it.

Your either born with it or your not.

Originally posted by Coldren

I see the following things this MMO does NOT have that Elder Scrolls games typically do:

1) High End Graphics - I am fine with this, especially for an MMO. For PvP, I'd rather have a good ping and my settings on low anyway, just to be sure my machine isn't the problem. I actually liked the way it look. Some of it looked like it was straight out of Obilivion and then polished a bit more to me.

2) Mixing among factions without limitation - This one is iffy from a lore standpoint, and I can understand the concern. But on the flip side of that coin, I can see why they would do this in a 3-faciton PvP system, not just from a lore perspective, but also as a balance mechanism, even if it's a small one. You'd be surprised how some people will not play a certain faciton or race based on looks alone.

3) First Person, Action-Oriented Combat - Again, I have ZERO problem with this. This is fine on a single player MMO where I don't have to worry about ping, and as I get older, I tend to not play games that require excellent twitch skills with no recourse. FPS' s and me don't get along. I have however, tried Darkfall.. I didn't stick there long because it had..

4) Limitless Killing, Full Loot - The one thing I am always astounded by is the false bravado of some board warriors. Not only would half of them likely ragequit at some point, the ones who shout the loudest are typically the worst at it, and bring out the worst in a community when they bitch and moan when someone takes their stuff. Need proof? Go look at Darkall. Go look at Mortal Online. Go look at old UO posts before Tram. Look at the range of execuses, complaints, and just plain ass-hattery there is in those communities. Now you want to bring that to Elder Scrolls? Can't imagine WHY they wouldn't chose to do this.

There is plenty of exploration from what I understand from their interviews. Quests are doled out a bit differently (not playing or really following GW2, and quite frankly, don't care if it's the same.. ESO has been in development for 5 years, wonder how long GW2 was...), there are supposedly lots of things that don't come up on the map until you find them, and open dungeons like the old DAoC days are back!

I also like what many missed in the CGI trailer - Did you notice they were breaking down a door with a battering ram? Could it be siege like in DAoC? Hoping so, but we'll find out.

The one big thing I'm waiting to see/hear more about is the class system, or skills, and how they work. If I can make my Heavy Armor, Sword and Board Nord with a bit of Resto to back me up, I'll be very, very pleased.

I don't hate ESO for what it isn't. I am chosing to wait and see if I like it for what it is. And so far, for me, it sounds promising.

There's a lot more to a TES game than good graphics and full loot and killing. Besides, as someone who got into MMOs with UO, the full loot and limitless killing doesn't really bother me. Besides, it's not really limitless anyway.

The combat I do have an issue with. To me, FPS combat is one of the defining features of TES games. Besides, there are plenty of MMOs out there that utilize FPS or action oriented combat and no one is having issues. Planetside, for example, was released in 2003 and somehow Sony managed to avoid the high ping issues during the time when a large portion of users were still using dial-up. Yet in 2012 it's a problem?

Anyway, it's good that you don't seem to have a problem with TESO because judging by the reception is has been getting on various gaming sites, Zenimax will need all of the sales it can get. I hope that Bethesda continues making single player TES games.

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Well disregarding what the last troll said he made a solid point- this is not supposed to have what all the other TES games had, not sure what it will take for you people to realize that.  In a way, Im actually glad they aren't using classic ES elements because thats what makes the single player games so great.  You think warcraft fans were dissapointed when they realized WoW wasn't going to have RTS elements in it? Please, stop comparing single player elements to an MMO and be happy the ES name is being printed on an MMO, maybe while your at it do some research and you may see what the game is bringing to the MMO table, since this is a forum that deals with MMO's.

If you honestly believe that most of TES features do not work in MMOs you're obviously not really familiar with this genre.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

for a developer this big, this trailer doesn;t do any justice, very weak indeed

So What Now?

Originally posted by Chrisbox

If you honestly believe that most of TES features do not work in MMOs you're obviously not really familiar with this genre.

Try and find a line in that last comment where I said they wouldnt work in MMO's.  I did however, say that this isn't supposed to have those features in ESO.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

So many things you can do in a non-action style CGI trailer to convey epicness and emotion, whether it be facial expressions or music.  This one did absolutely nothing.

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

It has gotten to the point for me where, I feel like if the first few things a company puts out for a new game are boldly produced, gorgeous cinematics, the game will not be very good.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman