Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is very bad and miss-leading

Tera is an advertised game of true action combat.

I have to say that the combat system is decent and fun to play with, but that is all it has and NOTHING more. The rest of the game is boring, and has nothing to offer. It is a typical grind fest that is killing the game.

The new nexus system is a stolen rift system from RIFT and they failed badly with it. It is nothing but a MAJOR lag/grind fest.

Tera = Terabad, Terafail and a horrible game.

I already got a refund and will never play the game again. The world is empty once you hit level 60, there is nothing to do.

Comments

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Blackcoat

I have to say that the combat system is decent and fun to play with, but that is all it has and NOTHING more. The rest of the game is boring, and has nothing to offer. It is a typical grind fest that is killing the game.

The new nexus system is a stolen rift system from RIFT and they failed badly with it. It is nothing but a MAJOR lag/grind fest.

I already got a refund and will never play the game again. The world is empty once you hit level 60, there is nothing to do.

They just need to add the pvp element, the combat and pvp are a blast, but they need to add the bgs or something to create owpvp

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

You missed the obvious TERAble.  :-P

• MundoinMundoin Member CommonPosts: 7

Don't think we played the same game then.

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374

Which part is "miss-leading"?

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Mundoin

Yeah, the world is most active at level 1-15 and 60 so OP saying it's empty at 60 confuses me...

Also yeah the Nexus is a lagfest, but it creates PvP afterwards with everyone being around at the same time.

I also wonder if the game was so bad why would OP play to 60... -.-

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

TERA is very misleading.

TERA is a  korean MMO and should be a grindfest... What the hell do I have so many quests to do I can skip entire zones?

TERA is labaled as "true action combat".... Why do I get punished for attacking when I should be evading attacks? This is complete and utter bullshit!

TERA said it has endgame content.... What are those lvl 60 dungeons and hardmodes supposed to do for me? I can't beat them! Nexus has too many players and lags my computer! 

TERA is very misleading, indeed.  Most players will not get beyond lvl 20 after being belly flopped by a basilisk and blaming the games combat for their lack of judgement, and reflex skills.  A LOT of people are failing to complete hardmodes because they simply aren't good enough. Gear helps in TERA but best gear won't make a crappy tank block any better.  There are skill checks and players will hit a cap where they either need to get better at the game stop progressing.

TERA is misleading! I thought they game was GW2.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Clocksimus

TERA is very misleading, indeed.  Most players will not get beyond lvl 20 after being belly flopped by a basilisk and blaming the games combat for their lack of judgement, and reflex skills.  A LOT of people are failing to complete hardmodes because they simply aren't good enough. Gear helps in TERA but best gear won't make a crappy tank block any better.  There are skill checks and players will hit a cap where they either need to get better at the game stop progressing.

I seriously doubt more than a dozen people have quit TERA because the low levels were 'too hard'.

Also, when Cataclysm launched many people said heroic dungeons were too hard, so the fact that someone cant complete a hard mode in TERA says nothing about the games supposed difficulty.

Get over yourself already.  TERA is not Dark Souls (which itself also isnt as hard as advertised)

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

So you say the combat system is decent and thats it.

Nice review on your behalf. 

Please just stick to gaming, cause apparently you can't review a game correctly.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Should've gave me your stuff first.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

Yeah, the world is most active at level 1-15 and 60 so OP saying it's empty at 60 confuses me...

Also yeah the Nexus is a lagfest, but it creates PvP afterwards with everyone being around at the same time.

I also wonder if the game was so bad why would OP play to 60... -.-

My thoughts exactly, playing to 60 and saying the game isn't his or her cup of tea.

If true, I guess they were trying to get their moneys worth.

I find humor in the OP's so called review.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by shadow9d9
    Which part is "miss-leading"?

Its Mrs. Leading now. She finally said yes!

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

I'm curious about this game refund thing, because I have never seen it done in my country(save for specific cases). How does this work? Does one just walk in the store and return the game they bought simply because they didn't like it, and the shop will timidly refund you? It sounds too one sided and could set up the store to bankrupcy. I'm more used to a "buy at your own risk" policy, which kinda makes more sense because as a buyer I should be knowledgable enough of what I want. If the store provided misleading information about the product they're selling then that's a valid ground for a refund.

Sorry for a bit off the topic. A PM would do fine.

• MundoinMundoin Member CommonPosts: 7

The OP is full of crap.

After he played the game to lvl60 he got a refund cos he didnt like the game ....yeah sure!!

I've been playing now for over a month and not yet 60, playing the game and enjoying the enviroment day by day not rushing anywhere altough i have a lot of guildm8's they each have 2 or 3 characters lvl 60 and they still play the game and enjoy it.

No game out there delivers 100% but Tera is something I and my friends never ever tried and/or seen before.

The money is well worth it !

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Tera is an advertised game of true action combat. I have to say that the combat system is decent and fun to play with, but that is all it has and NOTHING more. The rest of the game is boring, and has nothing to offer. It is a typical grind fest that is killing the game. The new nexus system is a stolen rift system from RIFT and they failed badly with it. It is nothing but a MAJOR lag/grind fest. Tera = Terabad, Terafail and a horrible game. I already got a refund and will never play the game again. The world is empty once you hit level 60, there is nothing to do. 

If you did your research you would of come to this conclusion earlier.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Im calling BS on the OP.

Played the game untill level 60 and they gave him a refund...

Ok i can understand getting a refund after a couple days or a week but playing the entire scope of the games content then asking for a refund doesnt sound likely.

Ill spare the of so common movie comparison.

I found the games combat was one of my favorite combat systems that doesnt utilize tab target...much more entertaining than the FPS style.  Game was beautiful to play in...combained with the fun combat was a joy to play.

I wont sit here and tell you that this was anything more than that.  Its a mediocre themepark at best when it comes to actual content.  They have a lot of room to improve.

• mikenet707mikenet707 Member Posts: 65

I just got finished playing the Java version of the TERA GAME DEMO and it was an interesting experience. The combat is a little awkward for me but I am sure I could get used to it. I was using a keypad so a controller may be better. My first impression is a good one although I did not get very far until I was prompted to buy the game. The graphics are good and the movement is exciting. My son may buy it so I think  I will wait to see what he thinks and also will be able to get a better look at the game at that time. I like the action games but I am not very good at them but Tera has sparked my interest.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Here is a quote from a member of the TERA forums about level 60 gameplay

Here is life at max level in this game:

1) Run the same dungeons a billion times
    2) Enchant the gear you got to +9 or +12
    3) Farm thousands upon thousands of gold for step 2
    4) Grind rep from dailies to get better jewelry and zyrks
    5) Do ToT a million times for glyphs
    6) Run for Vanarch which is a thankless, worthless, and unrewarding job
    7) Do Nexus for rep which is a horrid lagfest and grind
    8) Random world pvp or GVG with no purpose or reward

This game at 60 just plain sucks. It really does.

I want structued PvP in this game...and sooner than later so I can resub.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Loooks to me you got what was advertised.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

The OP is full of crap.

After he played the game to lvl60 he got a refund cos he didnt like the game ....yeah sure!!

I've been playing now for over a month and not yet 60, playing the game and enjoying the enviroment day by day not rushing anywhere altough i have a lot of guildm8's they each have 2 or 3 characters lvl 60 and they still play the game and enjoy it.

No game out there delivers 100% but Tera is something I and my friends never ever tried and/or seen before.

The money is well worth it !

It is all about what each of us like I guess. I quit after a week. ;-/ I may start it again when they add some more content. Currently I would choose Aion over Tera.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BlackthornedBlackthorned Member Posts: 14

I gave all my stuff to my guildies after i did a charge back through my bank and effectively terminated my account. The game is a monstrosity at lvl 60. 1-59 fun combat but they lvl you so fast it's a blur. Once you hit 60 you are officially a chinese goldfarmer. 

• krem4opldkrem4opld Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Vorch

Here is a quote from a member of the TERA forums about level 60 gameplay

Here is life at max level in this game:

1) Run the same dungeons a billion times
    2) Enchant the gear you got to +9 or +12
    3) Farm thousands upon thousands of gold for step 2
    4) Grind rep from dailies to get better jewelry and zyrks
    5) Do ToT a million times for glyphs
    6) Run for Vanarch which is a thankless, worthless, and unrewarding job
    7) Do Nexus for rep which is a horrid lagfest and grind
    8) Random world pvp or GVG with no purpose or reward

This game at 60 just plain sucks. It really does.

I want structued PvP in this game...and sooner than later so I can resub.

Hmmm seeing this list it reminds me of a game my little bro plays... The so called mmo-champion. He raids all day on RDF RRF and when he locks every dungeon/raid possible logs out and plays DOTA... Why? Because the game is boring (and he is stupid and doesn't do PVP) and he has his professions on the max level and maxed reputation for "end game gear", therefor has nothing to do ... zilch!...

Haven't played TERA but i seriously doubt it will be as boring as this troll!

• EluwienEluwien Member UncommonPosts: 196

Quitted too after the first month. 

So much piperun and grind, no story to mention, no community feeling, no immersion. Pretty underwear though.

DAoC - 00-06 - And every now and then
    WoW - Online since launch - and now back again.
    EVE - Online since 07 - and still on, and on, and on..
    WHO - Online 08-10
    LOTR-O - Online 06-08
    Also played : Asherons Call, EverQuest, EQ2, Dungeons & Dragons, Cabal, Dark & Light, GW, 
    GW2, LA2, Ryzom, Shaiya, SWG, Allods, Forsaken World, ArcheAge, Secret World, Darkfall, Rift, ESO, Tera.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Eluwien

Quitted too after the first month. 

So much piperun and grind, no story to mention, no community feeling, no immersion. Pretty underwear though.

So far this game kinda blows . Moving around is so slow its painful . Combat feels bad too . just my thoughts so far, hopefully it gets better in groups since only solo so far .

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

I have to say they have excellent customer service to give you a refund.  I found their customer service to be excellent.  I pre-ordered and they let me cancel the pre-order after their beta, even letting me finish the beta that was  was connected to the cancelled pre-order.  Funny thing is I wound up buying it months later and played it for a while.  So I will give them a thumbs up for how they conducted business and the game was good for what they advertised.  I would not play it for months, but I had fun the short time i did.

This discussion has been closed.