Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Client crashing for anyone else?

KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Just finished DLing the new patch, but everytime after loading the client, and just after the log-in screen appears ~ about 2 seconds later it crashes.

Hopefully this only has to do with the client not being entirely ready, but it never did this before and allowed me to change my options and listen to the music.

Comments

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

No such problem for me.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Mine appears to be ok too.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Few people on reddit had similar problem. I don't know if they fixed it or not.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

No crashing of any sort with the GW2 client, so far.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Mine's OK.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Trying everything mentioned on Reddit, but no luck so far.  here is the crash report if anyone knows what it means:

*--> Crash <--*
    Exception: c0000005 
    Memory at address 00000000 could not be read
    App: Gw2.exe 
    Pid: 4376
    Cmdline: 
    BaseAddr: 00400000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 14399
    When: 2012-06-05T22:20:45Z 2012-06-05T17:20:45-05:00
    Uptime:   0 days  0:00:08
    Flags: 0

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Yup

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Hmm this link I will give you may not be for GW2 but it explains why you might get that exception error and possibly get to the root of the cause.

http://www.windowsbbs.com/legacy-windows-os/40538-what-causes-exception-code-c0000005-access_violation.html

Also try running windows update, it may just be that one of your DLLs are out of date.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• AzylachAzylach Member Posts: 19

Hello, same problem here after getting the latest update on Monday- client worked flawlessly before that. The only difference I've noticed comparing to my older desktop and a laptop on which the client is working fine is that the files get a write protected symbol no matter what I do. I've tried everything but reloading windows =/

EDIT: Also, when i try to give myself full control over the files, I get Error: "The access control list (ACL) structure is invalid"  on all GW2 files (.exe, .dat and .tmp)

No luck so far, thus I'm gonna redownload the entire client and see if that works.  

Originally posted by Khrymson

No luck so far, thus I'm gonna redownload the entire client and see if that works.  

I've done that a few times, even to different hard drives and the SSD, did not fix the problem.

Edit: Just a thought. Are you copying/moving the gw2.exe from the original download location to somewhere else?

I tried that and didn't work.  Also I noticed the main folder keeps being changed to read only.  I turn it off and it just goes back to read only again.  Folder is on my Desktop too.  Tried moving it to another drive and same thing.

I tried that and didn't work.  Also I noticed the main folder keeps being changed to read only.  I turn it off and it just goes back to read only again.  Folder is on my Desktop too.  Tried moving it to another drive and same thing.

I slapped my old video card back in and voilà, game stopped crashing, seems it doesn't like my gtx 680. Have you upgraded your video card recently?  This also stopped a program called VirtuMVP from crashing repeatedly. Weird...

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

SAME happens to me!! Well not the same but similar...

I downloaded the Big Update yesterday but today i noticed there was a new smaller update

so i tried updating the client but It CRASHES!!! :/

I get a pop-up windown in Italian (weird because i´m not from Italy,i´m from Spain) saying client crashed blah blah blah

I get this crash report:

*--> Crash <--*
    Assertion: Received incorrect amount of data from HTTP server.
    File: ......ServicesAssetHttpAssetHttpRequest.cpp(251)
    Pid: 3372
    Cmdline:
    When: 2012-06-05T23:14:41Z 2012-06-06T01:14:41+02:00
    Uptime:   0 days  0:00:04

Any help plz?? Anyone else experiencing same crash problem?

Bought a gtx 680 a few months back and have used it for the previous 2 tests flawlessly.  However, last week I upgraded to the newest EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4GB.  Being such a new GPU that most benchmarks don't recognise yet, maybe thats the culprit, but seems doubtful being that its essentially the same GPU I had only with more memory.

Bought a gtx 680 a few months back and have used it for the previous 2 tests flawlessly.  However, last week I upgraded to the newest EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4GB.  Being such a new GPU that most benchmarks don't recognise yet, maybe thats the culprit, but seems doubtful being that its essentially the same GPU I had only with more memory.

LOL...Khalus by any chance?

yup

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

yup

I was the guy PM'ing you about benchmarks and stuff- I'm gonna say it's definitely the video card, I put my GTX 280 back in and the game works just fine, maybe it can't handle so much VRAM.

Edit: Try closing Precision X completely, seems to have worked for some.

Hi

nope nope and nope again.  Gonna try and DL the client again and if that don't work, hopefully the 100+ crash reports I sent ANet will let them know I wanna play and fix this problem.  Also I believe the Precision X issue is resolved cause I had that problem in the first beta weekend and a dev noticed my thread on beta forums.  In the 7hr stress 2 weeks back Precision didn't cause me any grief...they must've fixed it.

Anyway...getting some sleep, will try again later...lol

• DragonPop11DragonPop11 Member Posts: 25
    Fully loaded within 1 :45min, no problems, is it a location issue, cause I had that problem last beta weekend, just moved the file to a new location

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Zzad

I downloaded the Big Update yesterday but today i noticed there was a new smaller update

I get a pop-up windown in Italian (weird because i´m not from Italy,i´m from Spain) saying client crashed blah blah blah

I get this crash report:

*--> Crash <--*
    Cmdline:

That problem is on their end. The client is expecting a different size file then what the server is sending.

• matix9090matix9090 Member Posts: 1

Hi all

I had the same problem but i have found a solution to this working for me and i have decided to make a account on this site and share with you guys

1. Locate your GW2.exe file.
    2. Right-click the file and select Create shortcut.
    3. Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.
    4. Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.
    5. Locate the Target line and add –image to the end.

Example: C:GamesGuild Wars 2 Betagw2.exe –image

6. Click Ok.

Remember to put the shortcut in the desktop

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by heartless
    Originally posted by Zzad

I get this crash report:

*--> Crash <--*
    Cmdline:

That problem is on their end. The client is expecting a different size file then what the server is sending.

TY!

Good to hear :D

I´ve noticed also a lot of ppl is getting same error (saw it in GW2´s facebook)

Hope they fix it soon :)