Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Global Service & Common Economics Coming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has announced that it is forming a unified, worldwide gaming portal that will house its three titles: World of Tanks, World of WarPlanes and World of Battleships. Players will also be able to take advantage of what Wargaming.net is calling "common economics" between games where players utilize a common currency among all three games.

Key features of the globally integrated Wargaming.net Service, will include:

• One Destination: The portal will give gamers one-stop access to all three titles and showcase a world at war - whether they are playing with Tanks, Warplanes or Battleships.

• Common Economics: The introduction of common economics for the three titles allows players to transfer Gold and Free Experience between them.

• Single MMO Battle Realm: Tank, Warplane, and Battleship clans will be assisting each other in their ground, air and sea attacks for world domination.

Read more on the Wargaming.net blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

That is actually pretty neat. Now they just need to go the next step. And have them all FIGHT EACHOTHER! Yes, planes with boats, boats vs tanks, tanks vs... planes?

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Zaltark

That is actually pretty neat. Now they just need to go the next step. And have them all FIGHT EACHOTHER! Yes, planes with boats, boats vs tanks, tanks vs... planes?

They already have boats vs. tanks in WoT. 

Run about 3k battles is Tier 5 thru 7 range, you'll see.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

All we need now is Infantry to take to the field and we could have an epic winner of a game.

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488

Bah, I just want screaming people I can run over in my tank. Maybe with a momentary splash of blood across the screen and a suitable crunching sound beneath the treads.

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

pretty neat idea they are doing. while its been done before, i personally like game portals where 1 account is tied to multiple games. 

i get OCD at times with games so i tend to jump around games each night but i hate setting them in my steam cause steam hates me ROFL.. 

while i do hope WoP/WoS doesnt suffer the match maker WoT has im tempted to try atleast pew pew boats lolol

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Ichmen

<snip>

while i do hope WoP/WoS doesnt suffer the match maker WoT has im tempted to try atleast pew pew boats lolol

I'm quite sure that the "match maker issues" are in WoT by design. It encourages players to spend money. If Wargaming.net felt that that those issues were making their customers spend LESS money, they would "fix" the match maker in a heartbeat :D